Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scuffs found on brand new out of the box iPhone 5

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mactard wrote: »
    I don't understand what you are saying, can you clarify?

Simple, just because there are reports of a scuffing or flickering screens on a website it does not mean that it's a widespread product problem that Apple have to react on or people should reconsider their purchase choice.

You can often get faults in a batch in a manufacture process.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Simple, just because there are reports of a scuffing or flickering screens on a website it does not mean that it's a widespread product problem that Apple have to react on or people should reconsider their purchase choice.

You can often get faults in a batch in a manufacture process.

Oh I get you, you must have misunderstood my post in that case as I did say I research the problem, to indicate that I go and learn just how widespread of a problem it might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Surely there's an app to remove them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Surely there's an app to remove them?

No I don't think so, but I'm sure the scratches are better than the scratches on other handsets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    No I don't think so, but I'm sure the scratches are better than the scratches on other handsets.

In fairness, the scratches on the S3 are far too big, i need my two eyes open to see them! The Apple scratches are kinda like art deco grafitti :D I want some :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Tifosi wrote: »
    I believe this "scuff gate" is slightly larger than just a few phones, whole debate on another forum, the poll makes interesting reading. Now while I appreciate that a lot maybe OCD, the photos on the thread would be unacceptable to a lot of people especially when your spending a lot of money for a quality smartphone.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15832989#post15832989

A completely anonymous and totally unconfirmed survey - I don't believe a word of it, or the original article.

Some people are such suckers - they believe anything 'reported on the web'.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Piliger wrote: »
    A completely anonymous and totally unconfirmed survey - I don't believe a word of it, or the original article.

Some people are such suckers - they believe anything 'reported on the web'.

Yeah, there really are some suckers out there ;)

Advertisement