Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you carry your expensive coffee like it's a trophy?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Quorum wrote: »
    the occasional takeaway tea I buy.

Takeaway tea. Check you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone notice the ads for coffee machines on this thread? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

zerks wrote: »
    I love the ones who rush out of the house at the last second for work & don't have time to boil the kettle let alone eat breakfast yet somehow find time to stop off for coffee on the way to their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Gauss wrote: »
    I never complained. I notice this because I like to watch the world around me that I'm living in.

I find they hold the coffe cup higher up than when see people hold other similar cups like a McDonald's drink for example.

Nothing gets past you, Columbo! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

I got one of those Moulinex coffee makers that make a delicious cup of black colombian (or any other type of coffee for that matter!) but sometimes in the morning I can't be àrsed and tesco instant is as good as messcafe, then on my way to work I'll grab an insomnia, a pack of smokes and a newspaper in spar before I go for the bus, stuff the coffee down the front of my pants, a straw up my shirt and read my paper while I suck on my coffee (I also cut two eyeholes in the paper so I can watch the world go by!).

Then when I get to the office I have whatever coffee they're having (one time I'd to spoon the coffee from a lunch box!), and then I have my coffee break around 11, and grab another take-away coffee to bring with me while I'm off to my next job, whereupon for courtesy sake I wouldn't refuse another coffee, and then home, where I can finally be bothered to prep the Moulinex because it makes eight 250ml coffees- enough to keep me going til bedtime! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Gauss wrote: »
    That's the impression I often get when I see people walking by with their plastic cup of coffee held aloft.
    I put my coffee in one of my many Trophie cups so it's kind hard not to carry it around like it's a trophie because it is a trophie. Usually holding out all my medals as I pass people tends to annoy them more though.
    Nodin wrote: »
    People buying one of them every morning, despite the fact theres coffee and a kettle provided in work, then complaining they've no money left two weeks into the month....
    Instant coffee isn't coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I feck mine into the back of the crew cab Transit . Half full.

Sometimes it hits a Polish person.

I laugh because im rich

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

They're not holding it like a trophy, they're trying not to spill it everywhere -get a life OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Aidric wrote: »
    Takeaway tea. Check you out.

I know, la-de-da! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    For the love of god, a takeaway coffee is much nicer than anything you could make at home unless you'd a super dooper fancy coffee machine.

Really?

I often find takeaway coffee is served far too hot but maybe I just don't know a good place to go :(
    What do people have against people treating themselves now and then and getting their pleasures where they can? Why would you begrudge them for that?

Good philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Ziphius wrote: »
    Really?

I often find takeaway coffee is served far too hot but maybe I just don't know a good place to go :(

To be honest, I never buy takeaway coffee here. It's not the done thing at all here and people look at you like you've twenty heads if you carry one around. There's always time for a nice cup of coffee in Espain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I take it you go to insomnia for your coffee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

smash wrote: »
    I take it you go to insomnia for your coffee?

Not if I can avoid it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They're always too hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Anyone notice the ads for coffee machines on this thread? :pac:

No. Not a single ad to be seen anywhere on the page
    For the love of god, a takeaway coffee is much nicer than anything you could make at home unless you'd a super dooper fancy coffee machine.

Even if you spent 500 quid on the super dooper coffee machine your per-cup cost will drop to about 20c. It would pay off in a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i thought only sales execs have coffee trophies

funny was asking a friend of mine that owns a coffee store if his business has been affected with the downturn, he said no , most of his customers (under 30) only know the era of take-away coffee and as such don't even regard it as a luxury...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

zerks wrote: »
    I love the ones who rush out of the house at the last second for work & don't have time to boil the kettle let alone eat breakfast yet somehow find time to stop off for coffee on the way to their job.

I'm one of those. I usually rush out the door to drop my daughter to her creche before catching my train. If I make my train, I've ten minutes to spare before work, which is plenty of time to stop off for coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Just ignore him, he's an espresso-snob.

What makes him an espresso snob, because his taste buds prefer fresh ground espresso as opposed to freeze dried water soluble Nestlé products?

Are people who eat real potatoes "snobs" compared to people who eat McDonald's chips?

You sound like a very confused, lonely person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

smash wrote: »
    They're always too hot

Coffee is for adults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

see it alot with people holding it at arm's lenght in front of them, and having to move it left or right as other people come towards them. when it happens the Benny Hill music starts playing in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

This thread title really made me laugh :D

I know exactly the sort of people you are talking about :D:D:D

Thanks for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

You are all a bunch of drug addicts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Hmmm, Shelly Johnson :D

Advertisement