Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am a new tenant looking for advise on electricity and gas offers?

Options
  • 22-09-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I have just moved into an apartment in Dublin 1. The apartment was previously unoccupied (new construction, nobody has ever liven in it), and the management was paying electricity and gas bills. Company currently is Electric Ireland.

Can some of the company reps and/or forum members advise me on tariffs and offers in a simple way so I can decide between Electric Ireland and Airtricity? I can't make my mind because offers schemes seem a little bit complicated, and I don't know how much my average usage will be.

I prefer not to get into a fixed-term contract, in case something happens with my job and I have to move to a different place, but I don't mind getting info on them in case the offer is really good.

Bonkers isn't really helpful because it shows too many options, and me being a new tenant I don't know the answers to all of their questions.

Thanks everybody!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi rsanchezsaez,

As a new customer for both gas and electricity, you would be eligible for the best of what we can offer. These offers are contract-based, so it would be in your best interest to familarize yourself with the relevant terms and conditions.

New dual-fuel customers can get up to 14% off our standard rates for either electricity or gas (which one you choose is up to you - it would make most sense to get the bigger discount off the fuel you use most), with the remaining fuel discounted by 6%. In addition, if you sign up online before Sept 30th, you'll get a free Carbon Monoxide Alarm. This is certainly worth a look, especially in light of the fact that today marks the beginning of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week for 2012.

If you're unsure as to what your average usage will be, have a look at the following links on our website: If you need further assistance just let me know.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement