Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy iPad from PC World/Curry's or www.Apple.ie

• 22-09-2012 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Was wondering is it better to buy an iPad from PC World instead of the Apple website. I am worried that if I have a problem with it that it would be easier to bring it back to the store I bought it in, instead of the hassle of sending it back to apple?

Has anyone got any views on this or am I better buying from Apple directly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Was wondering is it better to buy an iPad from PC World instead of the Apple website. I am worried that if I have a problem with it that it would be easier to bring it back to the store I bought it in, instead of the hassle of sending it back to apple?

If you have trouble then any authorised service provider (CompuB for example) will take it back, regardless of where you bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

If you have trouble then any authorised service provider (CompuB for example) will take it back, regardless of where you bought it.

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by authoried service provider? I've never heard of compuB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I would of presumed ipads are the same with regards repairs as the iphone, none of the authorised repair centres are authorised for iphones, just macs

Op even if you buy direct from apple and something goes wrong they will send out a box and a bag for you to send it back to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

It all depends when you want it? Now, then in a store. No rush, flip a coin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

naasrd wrote: »
    It all depends when you want it? Now, then in a store. No rush, flip a coin.

Can't get it in any store in Sligo for 2-3 weeks though...Apple would be quicker at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Tifosi

Personally I have always found Apple's customer service second to none, I always thought that if you do have a problem during warranty that the vendor will send to Apple anyway.

Advertisement