Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best value boys haircut in Limerick?

• 22-09-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I used to get my boys haircut in the Brazen Head hairdressers but the last time I bought them the lady there gave an unfriendly and very rushed and poor haircut so Im never going back there. I tried Retro today, I thought the price was expensive (14 each, for 2 small boys just needing a trim) but in fairness he spent a long time on each boy and gave them a really good cut. He would not budge on the price though. He said 14e is a good prive for a boys haircut.
    Is 14e for an 8 yr old boy an average price in Limerick city centre?
    I would have thought in these recessionary days I could get the 2 boys done for 20....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think cutting young lads hair takes longer so I suppose 14e ain't too bad. I hate it when I hit the barbers and there's children in the queue as I know I'll have longer to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

That's about right banjo unfortunately. It's the same in Garveys and Figaros- €14. If it's any consolation, I take my 7 year old to Modern Man- €12 for a child's cut, €15 for an adult's cut, and actually one of the better cuts too, more value for your money than Figaro's where I used pay €25 for a good cut.

I've also purchased the €50 hair clippers in Boots and tried to have a go at cutting his hair myself...

Suffice to say I made an absolute hames of it. In my efforts to teach him to be more frugal than fashion conscious, the exercise proved more futile than fruitful! :pac:

So now every three months or just before he's due to go back to school after a term break, special occasions, etc, I'll bite the bullet and stump up the €12 and avoid giving him the "I've got headlice" look! :D

phog wrote: »
    I think cutting young lads hair takes longer so I suppose 14e ain't too bad. I hate it when I hit the barbers and there's children in the queue as I know I'll have longer to wait.

I hate going into a barbers and seeing teenagers in there because they tend to take the longest, by the time they've explained to the barber they want a mohican with a certain pattern on the side, etc, at least when I go in with my young lad we get our hair cut at the same time so I'm never really waiting on him, and when he's old enough to ask the barber for his own style, he'll also be old enough to pay for it himself so I won't have to sit around waiting on him! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

banjobongo wrote: »
    I used to get my boys haircut in the Brazen Head hairdressers but the last time I bought them the lady there gave an unfriendly and very rushed and poor haircut so Im never going back there. I tried Retro today, I thought the price was expensive (14 each, for 2 small boys just needing a trim) but in fairness he spent a long time on each boy and gave them a really good cut. He would not budge on the price though. He said 14e is a good prive for a boys haircut.
    Is 14e for an 8 yr old boy an average price in Limerick city centre?
    I would have thought in these recessionary days I could get the 2 boys done for 20....

It's €10 in JC's in Caherdavin for a childs haircut, €14 for an adults haircut. Excellent barber too who takes his time. I've being going there since it opened and I've never got a bad haircut there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

That's about right banjo unfortunately. It's the same in Garveys and Figaros- €14. If it's any consolation, I take my 7 year old to Modern Man- €12 for a child's cut, €15 for an adult's cut, and actually one of the better cuts too, more value for your money than Figaro's where I used pay €25 for a good cut.

I've also purchased the €50 hair clippers in Boots and tried to have a go at cutting his hair myself...

Suffice to say I made an absolute hames of it. In my efforts to teach him to be more frugal than fashion conscious, the exercise proved more futile than fruitful! :pac:

So now every three months or just before he's due to go back to school after a term break, special occasions, etc, I'll bite the bullet and stump up the €12 and avoid giving him the "I've got headlice" look! :D

thanks - where is Modern Man?

• Advertisement

banjobongo wrote:
    thanks - where is Modern Man?

It's on Sarsfield St. BB, you'll find more exact directions on Google maps, I'd link but I'm posting from mobile at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bicky11

Goodfellas in foxes bow are very good.. They are very friendly in there aswell.. I think they may be around €10 for a schoolboys cut.. They are very busy Fridays and Saturday's tho

Advertisement