Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Receive but can't sent eircom emails on iphone

• 22-09-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

My friend has asked me to find out if ye could help her sort out her email problem.

She's always been able to receive emails on her phone using the default "mail" app and is with eircom for her email.

However, she cannot and has never been able to send any emails.

I don't know enough to help her out but I'm presuming she needs to enter some sort of outgoing server details?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

My friend has asked me to find out if ye could help her sort out her email problem.

She's always been able to receive emails on her phone using the default "mail" app and is with eircom for her email.

However, she cannot and has never been able to send any emails.

I don't know enough to help her out but I'm presuming she needs to enter some sort of outgoing server details?

Any help would be great!

Mail1.eircom.net - works for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Ryan T wrote: »

Thanks man.

do you know how to go about changing this? I don't have an iphone myself so I don't know how to explain it to it if you know what I mean :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Go to Settings- Mail, Contacts and Calenders- Choose the mail Eircom account- Go down to Outgoing and change it to Mail1.eircom.net. Or add it as a secondary Outgoing server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Ryan T wrote: »

Thanks man.

do you know how to go about changing this? I don't have an iphone myself so I don't know how to explain it to it if you know what I mean :)

Settings - mail - add account or change existing mail account if it's the eircom one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see the OP mention which provider they were with for the iPhone. Voda, 3 etc would have different SMTP mail servers and sending to an Eircom host will fail. The OP needs to check who the phone is with and then look up the relevant SMTP server. The list I have which might still be relevant is (google and check for yourself):

O2: smtp.o2.ie
    3: mail-relay.3ireland.ie
    vodafone: mail.vodafone.ie

The eicom SMTP server might work if say on 3 but connected by WiFi to an Eircom Broadband connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I'll check which network she's on a get back to ye. thanks lads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What eirator said is correct. Eircom's outgoing mail server only works when you are connected to an Eircom network. Otherwise you should use your ISP's server or your network provider's or both if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just setup a gmail account and use its smtp server for outgoing mail. You can change your gmail settings to have it use your eircom email as the reply to address.

Advertisement