Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kindle paperhite

Options
  • 22-09-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

i have been looking at the new kindle paper white and I would really like to have one over here by the holidays and I was wondering are there any good places where I could buy it from as Amazon wont ship it to Ireland or are there any forwarding or shipping companies I could go through to buy it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

opinions ? supposedly they'll work here its just getting one over here

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

i have been looking at the new kindle paper white and I would really like to have one over here by the holidays and I was wondering are there any good places where I could buy it from as Amazon wont ship it to Ireland or are there any forwarding or shipping companies I could go through to buy it :)

Order it from amazon.co.uk and get it through ParcelMotel. Free shipping :-) to UK address then its 3.50 for parcel motel to bring it to your closest parcel motel depot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

i was just looking at them this morning on Amazon. Will cost about €140 with the exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

got mine today love it so far :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Why the heck can we not order the Paperwhite from either the US or UK sites?

Have they just cut loose some countries temporarily because of stock issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Dades wrote: »
    Why the heck can we not order the Paperwhite from either the US or UK sites?

Have they just cut loose some countries temporarily because of stock issues?

You never could order for some reason.. i got mine from.co.uk but got delivered to parcel motel address (In UK and they deliver here). You could try that..

Although i think from looking at the site, a pre xmas delivery is out of the question, looks like end of january if you order now

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Just ordered one from Waterstones in Cork, they're sending it out by registered post, they only have a very small number left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Trying to decide between a paperwhite and a kindle.

From what i can see i prefer the lower contrast of the kindle.

Is the paperwhite worth paying an extra £40 for? All i can see is a slightly higher DPI and touch screen capability.

Am i missing something? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Trying to decide between a paperwhite and a kindle.

From what i can see i prefer the lower contrast of the kindle.

Is the paperwhite worth paying an extra £40 for? All i can see is a slightly higher DPI and touch screen capability.

Am i missing something? Genuine question.

You prefer the lower contrast? Odd.

Anyway, the main difference is the ability to read in the dark.

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    You prefer the lower contrast? Odd.

Anyway, the main difference is the ability to read in the dark.

I work with computers all day, a softer contrast strains my eyes less.

Again reading/watching a screen in darkness isn't something i find good for my eyes, so can avoid the extra £40 for a light. Kindle it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

I work with computers all day, a softer contrast strains my eyes less.

Again reading/watching a screen in darkness isn't something i find good for my eyes, so can avoid the extra £40 for a light. Kindle it is!

It's not a backlit screen. The light doesn't shine into your eyes.

I didn't say backlit, looking at a screen with the surrounding (room) being dark leads to sore eyes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

The whole point of it is that it doesn't strain your eyes. This isn't a normal screen, it's e-ink.

I actually find the KPW straining only when the light is turned off. Something for you to consider...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Just ordered one from Waterstones in Cork, they're sending it out by registered post, they only have a very small number left.
    Waterstones in Drogheda still had stock today, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    You never could order for some reason.. i got mine from.co.uk but got delivered to parcel motel address (In UK and they deliver here). You could try that..

Although i think from looking at the site, a pre xmas delivery is out of the question, looks like end of january if you order now

I ordered mine using Parcel post also, first two deliveries are free.

www.parcelmotel.com

Advertisement