Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Sports package - Deal?

• 22-09-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

I've managed a few times to get deals out of Sky when threatening to cancel. I'm in a new enough subscription but I'm looking to upgrade to include the Sports package. Would anyone know what the chances of getting a deal are?

Looking for your tips on how to approach the question. I don't like the idea of just ringing to ask if they've any deals on. I can't use the "I'm leaving for UPC" argument as I'm in a contract :(

Any tips/advice is welcome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I phoned up last nite and just asked about the cost to add Sky Sports. They told me straight away they had a three month half price offer on it, so I took that.

Be aware though that if you are on another offer for your current sub they can't give you two offers at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I phoned up last nite and just asked about the cost to add Sky Sports. They told me straight away they had a three month half price offer on it, so I took that.

Be aware though that if you are on another offer for your current sub they can't give you two offers at once.

Wasn't near a landline earlier to give them a call but just did about half an hour ago. Quizzed 3 different agents about a deal and none budged. Best I got was Sky Movies added at a quid extra for 3 months. Suppose I can always drop the sports if I'm struggling to pay it. Will be dropping the movies as soon as the offer is due to expire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Will be dropping the movies as soon as the offer is due to expire.
    Dont forget to cancel 30 days before the offer is due to expire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Had a nightmare with sky recently as I wanted to cancel after offer expired.
    They insisted I was in contract for further 6 months on HD pack I had taken at time of offer. In the end they gave in and allowed the cancellation request. Wondering now if they will get in touch offering further deal. Hope so as I didn't really want to cancel, only wanted to prove that there was no contract in order to fight for better offer.
    They really are a nightmare to deal with at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

muffler wrote: »
    Dont forget to cancel 30 days before the offer is due to expire.

Just wondering, as soon as I put through my cancellation for the Movies pack, will the channels disappear? Assuming they won't let me have the movies up until the end of the third month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Just wondering, as soon as I put through my cancellation for the Movies pack, will the channels disappear? Assuming they won't let me have the movies up until the end of the third month.
    Im open to correction here but you will be able to view the channels up to the last day of your 3 month reduced sub.

I think you still have to give 30 days notice of downgrading. None for upgrading (naturally). So I would ring up after having 2 months of movies at reduced rate and whether notice is required or not Im sure you can tell them to remove it 30 days later before it reverts to full price.

You're probably aware that you wont be able to watch any recorded movies after they are removed from your package.

Advertisement