Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats going on around city??

Options
  • 22-09-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Twice in 24 hrs iv ran into garda checkpoints with 2 garda cars and 2 armed response unit jeeps with armed gardai wearing bulletproof vests first out off cork rd now up on carricphierish rd , they have no interest in tax or insurance imo , is their something going down feuding or maybe all those stolen guns are heading this way???? Anyone see or hear anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Seen em up on carrickpherish a few minutes ago meself. Dunno whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A huge amount of burglaries has apparently sent a big operation down our way

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Saw the same on Tramore Road on Thursday.

Think there was something like 6 houses broken into on cleaboy avenue lately. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Micheal Martin is in town, isn't he? Something to do with that I would have thought. He was in John's Pk. last night with Gary Wyse and there was a checkpoint outside the estate while he was in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Think there was something like 6 houses broken into on cleaboy avenue lately. :eek:
    From out around carriganore straight up past cleaboy and further has been hit in the last week or so. Apparently 300 reports over the last while from the city and surrounding area. Lot of daytime ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

If they are looking for burglars would it not be better to be undercover??? Plus why armed response units surely their time is not spent on burglars ... Michael Martin is definitely not the
    Reason imo hardly be doing checkpoints sell over city for a former minister .. I'm still sticking to a bigger operation going on. :)

From out around carriganore straight up past cleaboy and further has been hit in the last week or so. Apparently 300 reports over the last while from the city and surrounding area. Lot of daytime ones

The house 3 doors up from me was broke into last sunday week at 3 in the daytime. Some feckers going about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Could be something to do with a feud.Wlr reported this yesterday

Gardai investigate two fires in Clonard Park overnight. #Waterford

At around 10.00pm a woman reported hearing a loud bang at the front of her house and when she went into the sitting room she saw a blaze coming from the window sill outside. A neighbour was able to remove the fire ball which caused a small amount of damage. Nobody was injured in the incident. Gardai while attending this scene also had the back window of their patrol car smashed, the car was parked around the corner from the fire. Shortly before 1.00am Gardai noticed smoke coming from another house in the area and called the Fire Brigade.A lot of damage was caused to the unoccupied property and the scene is being preserved.Gardai are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact them on 051 305300.

Meatwad wrote: »
    Could be something to do with a feud.Wlr reported this yesterday

Gardai investigate two fires in Clonard Park overnight. #Waterford

At around 10.00pm a woman reported hearing a loud bang at the front of her house and when she went into the sitting room she saw a blaze coming from the window sill outside. A neighbour was able to remove the fire ball which caused a small amount of damage. Nobody was injured in the incident. Gardai while attending this scene also had the back window of their patrol car smashed, the car was parked around the corner from the fire. Shortly before 1.00am Gardai noticed smoke coming from another house in the area and called the Fire Brigade.A lot of damage was caused to the unoccupied property and the scene is being preserved.Gardai are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact them on 051 305300.

Ye I did hear maybe feud had started up again plus those weapons stolen up in Wicklow were supposedly heading down this area so maybe they looking for them too .

Guns stolen from Wicklow shop

Gardai have recovered two firearms which were stolen in the robbery.

Related

The GardaGENEVIEVE CARBERYGardaí are investigating the theft of more than 20 firearms from a shop in Ashford, Co Wicklow.The robbery at the registered gun shop took place more than a week ago, in the early hours of September 8th.However, the details have just been released by gardaí.There were at least five people involved in the robbery from the premises at Coolawinnia Park in Ashford, a Garda spokesman said today. It is understood the thieves got into the building by opening up the roof.Among the firearms stolen from the store were shotguns and .22 calibre rifles used by hunters.Two of the guns have since been recovered by gardai in the boot of a stolen car.No arrests were made and it is understood no-one was in the car at the time.Gardaí in Ashford are continuing to search for the remaining guns and the thieves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

They are just after flying into Hillview and out again at high speed.

marlin vs wrote: »
    BlackBerry fields about a hour ago too the jeep was in here ..

Thy headed off because I told them I was minding hillview and they better watch out or Ill go medevil on them. Probably explains the speed of them on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

2 arus just raced past the uluru...
    ahh the good old days when the uhf scanners would pick up all the suss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Thy headed off because I told them I was minding hillview and they better watch out or Ill go medevil on them. Probably explains the speed of them on the way out

:pac:

I have noticed an increase in cops around the place since last weekend alright. If it helps put a stop to the burglaries, i.e. they catch the feckers, then they're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

As usual Marvin has the answer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hundrick

hi

Am new to the city, just been here for 2 months and am looking for some martial arts dojos to continue my training.
    Kendo and Aikido would be very nice.

thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

:eek: I can't decide if that's completely off-topic or remarkably on-topic.

Just seen the guardai ****inthecorner coming outta ashley court. No high speed chases or anything, kinda boring actually. had to do the whole "front brake and kinda doddle" passed them as if Im going for a leisurely ride down the road. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Just seen the guardai ****inthecorner coming outta ashley court. No high speed chases or anything, kinda boring actually. had to do the whole "front brake and kinda doddle" passed them as if Im going for a leisurely ride down the road. :cool:

I know those words are English, and I can see they are arranged in something resembling sentences.... But what the fuck are you on about?

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »
    I know those words are English, and I can see they are arranged in something resembling sentences.... But what the fuck are you on about?
    want me to use smaller words longwanks?

*Edit* I know longshanks and he knows me but he doesn't know I'm bradknowell so must resist urge to rip the piss. Not fair 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Best 6 posts in a row i have seen in ages. Bizarre, funny, shocking grammer, juvenile, had the lot. (except some information of any value what so ever)

Max Powers wrote: »
    Best 6 posts in a row i have seen in ages. Bizarre, funny, shocking grammer, juvenile, had the lot. (except some information of any value what so ever)
    Who's a Moody Michael

Gramm a r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

jo06555 wrote: »
    If they are looking for burglars would it not be better to be undercover??? Plus why armed response units surely their time is not spent on burglars ... Michael Martin is definitely not the
    Reason imo hardly be doing checkpoints sell over city for a former minister .. I'm still sticking to a bigger operation going on. :)

Miceal Martin isnt a former minister! hes the leader of Fianna Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Do we have an answer to the question posed in the thread title yet? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Do we have an answer to the question posed in the thread title yet? :confused:
    No,cause people just can't handle the truth,but 5 fire tenders and two active response units passed up the upper yellow road in full flight not long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No,cause people just can't handle the truth,but 5 fire tenders and two active response units passed up the upper yellow road in full flight not long ago.

Sully can you take a drive up and check that one out for us? Thanks boy

car burned out in Tesco lisduggan

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

car burned out in Tesco lisduggan

What aisle ?

• Advertisement

1967 wrote: »
    What aisle ?
    Tehehehe, shoulda seen that one coming. good stuff. :D

Advertisement