Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTE on HTC One X?

Options
  • 22-09-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭

I'm due an upgrade on Three tomorrow and I am all set to go back to Android (and HTC) from an iPhone 4.
    I'm almost set on the HTC One X instead of the SGS3, even with the lack of an SD card slot.

However, the manager of the local CPW reckons that Three are very close to agreeing a deal with Vodafone on rolling out an LTE network (as in a couple of months).
    Is this a load of rubbish? There was an article in the paper last week I think about how Ireland is at least a year away from a useable LTE network. Bear in mind that I live in Donegal and the existance of LTE in Dublin will not be any use to me. But a countrywide rollout will most certainly be behind the urban rollout.

Then I found out that the version of the One X that Three have is not the LTE enabled version, but the SGS3 obviously is.

So my question (eventually) is:

When will a rural LTE network be available?
    If its not gonna be for ages, I'll take the HTC. if its within the next few months, I'll go Samsung.
    Also
    Does the One X have LTE in Ireland? Or when will Three have that version?

Sorry for the rambling but I'm upgrading tomorrow before the Liverpool game (and nobody in Donegal will be doing ny work after 3pm in any case!) so any answers to this would be appreciated tonight :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Forget about LTE here, even when it does appear in a year or so it will be well below international standards. Everywhere else is auctioning it off in 20Mhz channels, we're foolishly using 5Mhz channels so we can get more money from it for the Germans. See Wattys post here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

Cheers man. That sets things straight.

HTC One X it is!
    Now to have a read up on how to set up NFC for home automation :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

Denied!

Automated phone system at Three told me last monday that I was due an upgrade today. Ring today and it says I'm due one next Jan!!

Call centre op basically accused me of
    Lying and that there's no way it could've said that and there's no history to support my claim.

My contract is not up till April, ok but why the change to my account?

Advertisement