Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough squeaky dog toys

• 22-09-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Our 11 month old Labrador has chewed his way through every single toy we've given him. He loves squeaky toys, but none that we've given him seem built to last, from the bargain basement versions to the slightly more expensive ones.

So, can anyone suggest a squeaky toy that has lasted their dog for more than a few days? I'd be happy if it lasted 2 - 3 weeks at this stage!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Similar thread from last year, you might get some info from it..:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73370965

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Superb, thank you very much! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

SuprSi wrote: »

Superb, thank you very much! :D

Orbee balls are really good (use parcel motel for cheap postage) - they don't squeak but smell minty and have loads of give in them so are really appealing - the setter didn't manager to wreck it the few times he had it but they're expensive so i didn't chance leaving him with it too long!! The only thing about the orbee is that the medium size seems too small for a retriver/setter IMO so if your dog is that size get a large one. I've bought an exteme (black) kong ball online this week to take with to the park so I'll report back once we've tried it out ;)

EDIT - oh and those new Kong squezz yokes? Don't bother!! Got one of the balls a while back (I'm a sucker for adding a toy/treats when I order stuff from zooplus etc lol) my guy was besotted with it...until he dropped it and it squeaked and he got afriad of it - gave it to the shredder sorry setter :p and it was gone in 2 mins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 honeybunny1984

i really cant recommend the Kongs enough, great for keeping the dogs entertained and you can get really tough ones designed for dogs with strong jaws

not sure about squeaky toys but how about rope toys? you ever try them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My setters have destroyed rope toys that were marketed as 'almost indestructible'.
    Have given up buying the ones in the pet shop and make mine now out of old socks and teeshirts. They last the same amount of time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Good luck with the search, from my experience of labs they will chew through anything. Even had 1 ruin a kong a few months back so they will definitely get through rope toys.

You could try those rubber tyres, I think I saw some on ebay the other day. They last pretty well but again, it was a lab who chewed throught my last one. Even my GSD doesnt wreck toys as much as every lab Ive known.

Advertisement