Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.E Ciara passing through Dalkey sound

• 22-09-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭

Was out for a walk earlier and spoted the le ciara passing through dalkey sound. It's unused for boats of that size to pass through. Last time I saw one do it. It was a tall ship under full sail. Anybody ever see other big ships pass through it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

your video is set to private i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

fixed it , thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I went through with Asgard 2 under sail once.

I understand that some of the Irish Shipping captains that were from Dublin would, on occasion, take their ships through the sound when returning home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Tabnabs wrote: »

I understand that some of the Irish Shipping captains that were from Dublin would, on occasion, take their ships through the sound when returning home.

You know, so did I! The best way to see Dalkey.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Tabnabs wrote: »

Only the "rock" boats the deep sea ships drew too much water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement