Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Death Metal

Options
  • 22-09-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just lookin for some feedback off death metal fans on this band.

www.soundcloud.com/nfarmer76

Good bad and ugly comments welcome.

Best Song 1 vote

Laid to waste
    0%
    Revoloutionary suicide
    0%
    Built for the kill
    0%
    Rot in sanity
    0%
    Rise of chaos
    100%
    Lawrence1895 1 vote
    B.R.T
    0%
    Chamber
    0%
    Empire of the gun
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Gave a few of the tracks a listen. Nice production. You guys must like Deicide :)

Can't really fault anything from what I've heard, except perhaps it's nothing original or groundbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Rise of chaos
    Good stuff, I must say. reminds me a bit of Obscenity :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

nice production!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drummer76

This was an album recorded in trackmix studios in blanchardstown. It was recorded about 3 years ago and ended up never being released. We disbanded since then unfortunately due to work and family commitments. Just thought I'd put it out there and see what the uptake on it could have been. We were deligted with it but of course youre gonna think your own music is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Nice work man, well recorded and engineered. What was the band called?

• Advertisement

We were called Osmium but were tryin out a few names near the end. This was meant to be the album cover but we decided against the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

'Rot In Sanity' is probably the best track there. Pity real life got in the way for ye, I'd say ye were properly nasty live!

Funny you picked rot in sanity, two of the lads didn't want to record that for the album. Came down to a vote between us and the fact that it was already quite a short album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Goddamn, the recording quality these tracks is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Decent death metal. Well done on the recording.

• Advertisement

Anyone else wanna throw in their 2 cents? Its good to hear that the effort we went to to write the songs is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Nice stuff, had a feeling it was trackmix, shame I never caught you guys live, if you were still going I'd stick a review up on my Metal page. Class production all the same and decent album art too, well done :)

Thanks, yeah its a shame we stopped. One of the guitarists plays in Warpath now (if you know them, if not you should check them out.) we used to gig with them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'm really liking this - will need a couple of more listens before I through my 2 cents in though ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It's a shame you guys never released this, I'm enjoying it big time. The production is top notch too.

Thanks, I agree it was a shame we never released it. we put a lot of effort into it I'd say we wrote and rewrote every song on the album 4 or 5 times each untill we were happy with the sound, structure and feel of the songs. It was also a really tiring album to play live, at least for me anyway.

I'm not sure if you can download the tracks from soundcloud but if anyone wants them pm me your email address and I'll send them on to you.

I'd say you can, most sites like bandcamp and soundcloud can have material downloaded off of them by external ripping sites and programs. I don't reckon the sound quality wouldn't be that great but its possible to grab pretty much any track on those kind of sites.

Ok no problem, still the offers there. You can still review the music on your page if you like. The more people that hear it the better, thats why we recorded it.

Cool thanks I might do that so, migrating servers over the next few days but I'll give you a shout when its up.

• Advertisement

No problem, its an open ended offer. No rush, just glad people like and want it.

Any other opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I'm generally not into straight-up Death Metal, but I'm really enjoying listening through the tracks at the moment. Great work! I'd deffinitely be interested in getting a hold of a CD or the Tracks, will PM my email address to you now.

Glad to hear that Warpath are still doing the rounds too, saw them a few years ago and they weren't too shabby at all.

Thanks, I'll send them tracks on to you now. Yeah warpath are doin pretty well for themselves alright, they're in the middle of yet another european tour at the moment.

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

That's great stuff!! Sounds a little bit like deicide :) the production is savage though, any chance you could tell me who recorded/produced it for you because my band are looking to record soon :)

Yeah its trackmix studio, guys name is mick. Its in blanchardstown. Heres the facebook link https://www.facebook.com/trackmixrecordingstudio. Or even find him on here at trackmixstudio.

How good is your drummer with a click? Mick likes the drummer to use a click. That album was all done to click.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

good stuff OP, very good. i would consider getting back on the horse with it as the Irish metal scene seems to be kicking off in a big way and it might be a good opportunity for you, especially considering you have a lot of the work already done.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I would definitely like to start it up again but due to work constraints we don't have that option. One of the guitarists is a sound engineer who is currently all over the world touring with bands doing their live sounds. Also now with the other guitarist being a member of warpath he is touring constantly too. So that just leaves me and the vocalist as we never really had a commited full time bass player.

Advertisement