Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Smart car fortwo engine replacement

Options
  • 22-09-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

hi all,
    I have a 00 smart ForTwo which hasent skipped a beat until this week and it now seems I need a new engine or an engine rebuild. Can anyone offer advice on where I can get this done or source a new engine? Any help or advice would be very much appriciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Is it the valves/valve seats that have failed as is the norm with these engines?

If you plan on keeping the car then I'd recommend a rebuild(depending on the damage of course) as unless you find a genuine very low mileage engine then you could be back where you are now in a short period of time.

Any competent garage/mechanic should be able to rebuild it for you.

Advertisement