Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

download iphone SMS's

• 22-09-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Is it possible to download and print SMS's from an iphone 4?
    I need it for a legal case so it would need to have the details of the number that sent it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

monkey8 wrote: »
    I need it for a legal case so it would need to have the details of the number that sent it.

http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

You can always take a screem shot and print it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

You can forward them as an email to yourself, then print that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

culabula wrote: »

You can forward them as an email to yourself, then print that.
    How? Would doing so not remove the original sender of the texts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

I could have sworn i heard before a text message cannot be used as legal evidence in court. Thats why guards dont just take phones off drug dealers and arrest everyone in their inbox. Its actually very easy to fake a text message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

guil wrote: »
    How? Would doing so not remove the original sender of the texts?

It would. I regret, I didn't read the OPs question fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,647 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There's an app, that sends a message to yourself but you can fake who its from.and what it says, so I guess it makes the message untrustworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Media999 wrote: »
    I could have sworn i heard before a text message cannot be used as legal evidence in court. Thats why guards dont just take phones off drug dealers and arrest everyone in their inbox. Its actually very easy to fake a text message.

I have seen text messages used in evidence in Court. AGS have very good software that can download a phones information and print off all communication information it's called EnCase if I remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

I have seen text messages used in evidence in Court. AGS have very good software that can download a phones information and print off all communication information it's called EnCase if I remember correctly

Any ideas what context it was used?

Id say if the guards checked with phone company and there was a text at time of car crash it would stand but if someone was accused of buying drugs just by proof of a text message it wouldnt stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Media999 wrote: »
    Any ideas what context it was used?

Id say if the guards checked with phone company and there was a text at time of car crash it would stand but if someone was accused of buying drugs just by proof of a text message it wouldnt stand.

I have seen SMS messages used in harassment case. Also seen phone info including SMS and location as part of a robbery investigation. The recent tiger kidnapping used evidence gathered from phones. I remember a big drugs find where if I remember correctly either calls or texts showed a connection between the big guy and the find.

I agree if the only evidence was a single text and no other evidence it would not be enough. But as part of overall evidence say a guy arrested with drugs but says it was personal use but a tick sheet and phone texts show he may have been dealing then that evidence may be allowed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement