Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Wall Box

Options
  • 22-09-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I recently moved into a new house and there is an NTL Wall Box with two connections. One with TV and one with FM.

What I'm wondering is if I connect a Saorview or Freeview box to the NTL connection will it work??? Or do I have to ring NTL and have the box removed to get saorview to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

NTL does not carry the Saorview or Freeview signal.

Having or removing the NTL box doesn't have any bearing on whether or not you receive Saorview, does it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

iasc87 wrote: »
    I recently moved into a new house and there is an NTL Wall Box with two connections. One with TV and one with FM.

What I'm wondering is if I connect a Saorview or Freeview box to the NTL connection will it work??? Or do I have to ring NTL and have the box removed to get saorview to work?

Whether or not you have the NTL wall tap won't affect your reception of Saorview. While as the poster above says, UPC doesn't carry the Saorview signal, sometimes the wire can end up working as an aerial for the terrestrial signal. Its not something I'd suggest relying on though.

To be honest you're better off asking over in Terrestrial for advice re Saorview reception, but that's the answer to your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The UPC socket on your wall carries UPC signals for cable boxes/broadband. It doesn't carry any Soarview signals at all.

If you want Saorview you need a normal UHF television antenna (aerial) either on top of your TV (if you're in a strong signal area), or on you roof for more reliable reception.

Leaving/removing your UPC socket wouldn't make any difference. It's as separate from SaorView signals as your eircom socket, or a light switch is.
    You might as well keep it, as you could want to subscribe to cable TV / broadband in the future.

Advertisement