Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Accessories

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

This post has been deleted.

Compub stores have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Any decent docks flying about yet?

Oh and on the screen protectors issue when I went in to buy my iPhone 5 a young guy was in the Metoer store complaining about his iPhone. Ithad a few ugly looking scratches, not too deep, from what I could see, but looked quite bad surface scratches. I went to Tesco straight away and bought a case and screen protector.

It's more of a piece of mind issue. I dropped my Samsung Galaxy SII on the floor before and it looked pretty beat up so I'm always cautious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Dades wrote: »
    I had this case finally delivered to me yesterday (took a couple of weeks).

I paid $1.88 (with free shipping) and the case is fantastic! Came within a whisker last month of buying the "Slight" case for $23 plus shipping, which would have been a disaster.

Seriously, anyone looking for an ultra thin, unobtrusive iP5 case - just buy this! Obviously it won't offer huge protection but that's not what these type of case is for.

Clicky:
    iphone5case_Medium_thumb.jpeg

Hi Dades,

The link to "this case" is broken, where did you get it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hi Dades,

The link to "this case" is broken, where did you get it?

Does this link work for you?
    Anyway - I think this the item number: 160885926175

Can't recommend it enough - if you're looking for a very thin case like that Slight one. Ordered another one for my Dad last week.

Make sure you specify what colour you want (mine is black) in the comments section of PayPal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Does this link work for you?
    Anyway - I think this the item number: 160885926175

Can't recommend it enough - if you're looking for a very thin case like that Slight one. Ordered another one for my Dad last week.

Make sure you specify what colour you want (mine is black) in the comments section of PayPal.

The link works however, for some reason I cannot purchase from that seller :( It won't get confirm the purchase after I login to PayPal :confused:

Might have to get the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The link works however, for some reason I cannot purchase from that seller :( It won't get confirm the purchase after I login to PayPal :confused:

Might have to get the other one.

I am getting an error in paypal too.

Maybe it's because the item I linked to was bought. Try choosing the item in the sellers store here.

Other than that, I don't know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The Elevation Dock has been updated to support the iPhone 5. Bit pricey, but very well reviewed http://www.elevationlab.com/

Maybe it's because the item I linked to was bought. Try choosing the item in the sellers store here.

Other than that, I don't know!

Still not working for me

Sorry, we were unable to process your request.
    • Please try again. You may need to retry your checkout.

No big deal. Would have picked one up to try at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

miralize wrote: »
    The Elevation Dock has been updated to support the iPhone 5. Bit pricey, but very well reviewed http://www.elevationlab.com/

Been checking this every week or two to see if they finally updated it. I'm really leaning towards getting one even at that price. But a lot on Kickstarter we're complaining about not receiving them for months even with new buyes getting them before. I wouldn't wanna order and end up waiting forever.

Now that production is going, they're giving a 3 week shipping estimate

I never got that one. How much for a heavy lump of aluminum? It just contains a slot for your connector and phone. But it's durable! It sits on a desk!

Direct from the home of the hipster, I see. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Now that production is going, they're giving a 3 week shipping estimate

Gonna wait and see but I might pick one up before Christmas. They seem to be getting ahead of production though.

I never got that one. How much for a heavy lump of aluminum? It just contains a slot for your connector and phone. But it's durable! It sits on a desk!

Direct from the home of the hipster, I see. :p

The same goes for every dock on the market. Its just a piece of plastic/wood/aluminium... Yes its durable, it also has room for big cases on your phone, it sits well with other Apple products, it is (as you said) very durable, so I think that those features give this lump of aluminium value

Yeah, but that much value? It's probably close to €100 with shipping. You don't even get a connector with it.

I'm looking for a case for my new phone which can serve as somewhat of a minature wallet too. I've seen a few of them, but the one that I want is a case which has 1 or 2 slits at the back of the case, just enough to hold 1 or 2 cards? Anyone see any around?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm looking for a case for my new phone which can serve as somewhat of a minature wallet too. I've seen a few of them, but the one that I want is a case which has 1 or 2 slits at the back of the case, just enough to hold 1 or 2 cards? Anyone see any around?

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/new-iphone-5-pu-leather-wallet-case-cover-in-various-colors/2165772

I dont really want anything with a flip over pouch or something which blocks access to the phone or its ports. There must be something along those lines right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

BanjoB wrote: »
    Cases in Irish stores are sold at ripoff prices. eBay all the way :)

Because of rip off rent. Buying on eBay from Uk sellers only contribute to our recession. No wonder there are shops closing down every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

My favourite little baby is the "Leather Book Case Cover" from Amazon. I wanted the original BookBook one but it is a crazy price. This one is almost as good and it only a tenner. I have been using it for a month now and I lurrrrv it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Personally think this is the nicest looking iPhone 5 leather case i've seen.

If it wasn't a stupid price i'd buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Has anyone had any success with third party dock adapters? If so, any chance of a link? A mate bought one and it only worked on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Bought me an Otterbox Defender from Amazon last Tuesday, it arrived on Wednesday! I expected to have the phone on Friday but there's been some delays so I haven't had a chance to use my new case yet but it looks good :D

Very impressed with amazons delivery times too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Bought me an Otterbox Defender from Amazon last Tuesday, it arrived on Wednesday! I expected to have the phone on Friday but there's been some delays so I haven't had a chance to use my new case yet but it looks good :D

Very impressed with amazons delivery times too
    I have a defender on my 5 and its good, a lot better than the iPhone 4/4s defender.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just bought a second Lightning cable for work/car etc on Deal Extreme for €4 if anybody is looking for one.

kceire wrote: »
    Just bought a second Lightning cable for work/car etc on Deal Extreme for €4 if anybody is looking for one.

I eagerly await your report! If its any use I will buy 3 or 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

My folks want to pick up an official lightning cable in Dublin tomorrow. Does anyone know where the best bet is to find them in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement