Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Accessories

167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I bought a basic iPhone 5 dock from DX for my dad and am very impressed with the quality of it. Only took about two weeks to arrive, too.

http://dx.com/p/lightning-8-pin-charging-dock-station-for-iphone-5-black-178567

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Piliger wrote: »
    I also LOVE this case. It's classy and it is really nice as a way of holding the phone while reading it and texting etc. Fold it back to talk. Love it.

Apart from you look like an idiot talking into your wallet when you make a phone call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Apart from you look like an idiot talking into your wallet when you make a phone call!

I love it myself :D

Dades wrote: »
    I bought a basic iPhone 5 dock from DX for my dad and am very impressed with the quality of it. Only took about two weeks to arrive, too.

Jeez what was the shipping cost from the US ? Don't amazon.co.uk have these ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Jeez what was the shipping cost from the US ? Don't amazon.co.uk have these ?

I'll answer that, anything ordered on dx.com ships free (I only said it a couple of posts back). Yes it takes a while but it's free so you can't really complain. No minimum spend required either. Stuff comes from HK/china not US...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Been looking for a cheap dock like this to use with my iPhone. Can you let me know if the 5 will go into the dock with a case. It's a standard thin case around 1.5mm thick. Also does it balance well with the 5 in it? Doesn't fall over or anything? Might pick one up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

DubDJ wrote: »
    Been looking for a cheap dock like this to use with my iPhone. Can you let me know if the 5 will go into the dock with a case. It's a standard thin case around 1.5mm thick. Also does it balance well with the 5 in it? Doesn't fall over or anything? Might pick one up.
    I used it with this case and it fitted just fine:
    Clicky:
    iphone5case_Medium_thumb.jpeg
    If your case is any thicker though, it would be a squeeze.

I wasn't expecting too much from DX but I was surprised at how robust the thing is. Not heavy enough that you'd just pull the phone off it, but good and sturdy. You fit your own cable to a port in the back. About €7 delivered.

I used it with this case and it fitted just fine:

If your case is any thicker though, it would be a squeeze.

I wasn't expecting too much from DX but I was surprised at how robust the thing is. Not heavy enough that you'd just pull the phone off it, but good and sturdy. You fit your own cable to a port in the back. About €7 delivered.

That's perfect. Nearly identical case to mine. Sounds like a bargain. Didn't wanna waste any money on an expensive one when's it's basically just for standing my phone in. Thanks for posting Dades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

So what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

naasrd wrote: »
    So what?

So nothing, just saving you the stick i got when i had one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

kceire wrote: »
    Just bought a second Lightning cable for work/car etc on Deal Extreme for €4 if anybody is looking for one.

thanks for this link, ordered 3 just after new years and arrived today, tested one and it works so fingers crossed no problems with other 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Ordered couple of bits meself this week from DX & they were shipped on Tuesday, hopefully here soon enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ordered 4 lightening cables from DX and got them Tday and perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

jamesd wrote: »
    Ordered 4 lightening cables from DX and got them Tday and perfect.

Treat them v carefully, my DX cable is self destructing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ya they all do that.. Just super glue it back on.

Is that a fully wired dock ? What does 8 pin mean does anyone know ? Does it come with any cable ?

Is that a fully wired dock ? What does 8 pin mean does anyone know ? Does it come with any cable ?

Don't think so as far as I know you need your own lightning cable. And 8 pin is just the lightning connection. It uses the 8 pins as opposed to the 30 pin dock connector on the old iOS devices. Don't know why they even mention the 8 pins in the description. Afaik all you can get is an 8 pin lightning connector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Did anyone get a (cheap-ish) lightning dock adapter that actually supports audio? I bought one online but it only charged/synced. I have an official one which works fine but as we have a few docks it would make sense not to be taking it out every time we needed it.

http://www.zoogue.com/iphone-5-social-pro-cases/

Zoogue are having another 99 cent sale of the excellent Social Pro cases. I've linked to the iPhone 5 cases, but there are other models on sale also. The postage was around $13 dollars for two cases, so it was around €12.50 delivered, which isn't bad.

EDIT: The code is DEAL99

brophs wrote: »
    http://www.zoogue.com/iphone-5-social-pro-cases/

Zoogue are having another 99 cent sale of the excellent Social Pro cases. I've linked to the iPhone 5 cases, but there are other models on sale also. The postage was around $13 dollars for two cases, so it was around €12.50 delivered, which isn't bad.

EDIT: The code is DEAL99

Got the case in the post and it's just as good quality as the iPhone 4 model. I'd compare it to the Pixelskin HD case which is thick and robust, except that this case is much thinner and sleeker without feeling any less protective. It has a lip on the case so that you can put it face down and it won't scratch the screen. Fantastic value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

brophs wrote: »
    Did anyone get a (cheap-ish) lightning dock adapter that actually supports audio? I bought one online but it only charged/synced.

I'm also on the lookout for one of these, anyone?

Advertisement