Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Accessories

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered a screen protector and basic rear case from proporta.com. The case was €17.95 with the protector free. Got the screen protector out today and its a very premium one compared to others I've used. Case was shipped seperately so still waiting. Under €20 delivered for iPhone 5 protection. And they gave me a free packet of tea?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ordered these:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180982791879#ht_1043wt_1183

To ship Oct 1st. Waiting 3-4 weeks anyway for the phone so now I just have to find a case :D

Hopefully 3rd party sellers put out a 30-pin adapter that works, even if just for charging and syncing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Why bother. Its a pre order for stock due in on 26th October!!
    Same price as Apple UK selling them.

16.50 sterling on ebay inc shipping but 29euros + shipping on apple.ie

Apple UK is £25 + shipping
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?fnode=48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 khpuddin

The adaptor is 29 but you can buy a new Lightning to USB cable for 19 and just use it with your existing AC adaptor

Is the lightning - microusb connector not available on Apple.ie? That would probably suit me better

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Just ordered this case. It's slightly cheaper than the SwitchEasy site and also has free postage.

http://www.gimmedigi.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_235&products_id=6264

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is the lightning - microusb connector not available on Apple.ie? That would probably suit me better

Yeah it's there. Ordered one myself 3-4 week wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Nude switcheasy clear case fits like a glove and buttons are fine. Not mad on the plastic feel but you can still see the phone perfectly which is good.

Stop it getting scratched, but wouldn't be too confident if i dropped it with it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Anyone come across any decent car chargers for iPhone 5 at a decent price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Qwerty Dub wrote: »

I bought this one http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042B82W6
    Dual USB charger. So can charge two things at once. And it's a 1amp charger which apparantly charges faster than normal car chargers.
    It's got great reviews, can't go wrong for 10 euro delivered using parcel motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

L5 wrote: »
    Qwerty Dub wrote: »

Dual USB charger. So can charge two things at once. And it's a 1amp charger which apparantly charges faster than normal car chargers.
    It's got great reviews, can't go wrong for 10 euro delivered using parcel motel[/Quote

I don't think that's for the iPhone 5 though?

L5 wrote: »

It's got great reviews, can't go wrong for 10 euro delivered using parcel motel[/Quote

I don't think that's for the iPhone 5 though?

There's no difference . Car chargers are USB . The iPhone 5 cable is also USB so any existing car charger should work fine as long as you have a spare lightning to USB cable to put in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Am lookin for the new iPhone5 charging cable ??? No where has it in Dublin for a couple of weeks !!! :eek:

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Am lookin for the new iPhone5 charging cable ??? No where has it in Dublin for a couple of weeks !!! :eek:

You won't get one. Even apple has a 1-2 week shipping time on their website for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Has anyone seen a case with a decent 'lip' at the front? I currently have a Contour Hardskin on my 3GS and found it was the right mix of functional and pretty. It's a two part case. Here it is in a different colour.

$T2eC16VHJGIE9nnWqrI7BQOGMntDfg~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Looking for something similar but the only one I've found is the Uncommon Capsule and it's not ready yet. No Contours for the 5 either.

I've dropped my iPhone a few times and I'm certain this is what kept it safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlanmcCormack1

I loved the bumper for the iPhone 4. Strange they are being discontinued.

My brother and i make our own wood and leather accessories for the iPhone 5 (www.carveon.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bistrosidecar

My brother and i make our own wood and leather accessories for the iPhone 5 (www.carveon.com)

These are awesome!

These are awesome!

Thanks bistrosidecar. Glad you like them.

• Advertisement

These are awesome!

How do they clip on?

How do they clip on?

We use an advanced adhesive that firmly holds the wood or leather in place but can be removed without leaving any residue on the phone's surface. It works really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You should show the case from a few more angles, eg side in, front on. Might encourage a few more sales as I know I prefer seeing the overall effect, not just the back. Good luck with everything!

Pythia wrote: »
    You should show the case from a few more angles, eg side in, front on. Might encourage a few more sales as I know I prefer seeing the overall effect, not just the back. Good luck with everything!

Thanks Pythia. We are actually working on a new gallery section and the associated photography at present. There are more some photos on our front page of the website and some others on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CarveOn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Thanks Pythia. We are actually working on a new gallery section and the associated photography at present. There are more some photos on our front page of the website and some others on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CarveOn

Alan, lovely products. Do any of your designs cover the edges of the iPhone 5 or do they all just cover the back?

Reganovski wrote: »
    Alan, lovely products. Do any of your designs cover the edges of the iPhone 5 or do they all just cover the back?

We are working on a new leather product for the iPhone 5 that will offer side protection but its still work in progress. Currently our products just cover the back of the device. Some of our customers use bumper cases and they seem to feel the two work well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Really like your stuff, would love to see other angles etc. Pricing seems very reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Ordered one of these pouches:
    http://www.colcasac.com/iphone-sleeve/

They look good and only $15, have to pay for shipping too though.

Here's a review:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »

Vodafone store in Dundrum SC had 5 or 6 left on the shelf when I was in there at 1 on Saturday.

Also got the Otter box Commuter case in there which isn't a bad case for the phone and has a decent lip over the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dades wrote: »
    Just ordered a black one with clear sides from eBay here. No messing.

About €7.50 delivered and coming from the UK won't be too long arriving. Just need an iPhone to protect with it!
    Just FYI, got this today. Fits very well and all the buttons work.

The only thing is it feels cheap, with rough edges. I may replace it with a better quality bumper when some more options (and reviews) filter through.

Advertisement