Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Accessories

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

kceire wrote: »
    Would you believe i got an email and my paypal refunded this evening because i bought through the USA store and they told me to rebuy through the Europe Store, but based on the comments above i will give it a miss.

Just bought one of these on Amazon for £5 with free P&P and then used Parcel Motel to get it to me :D

Sold out now but will get it when it is restocked. Perfect for what I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I loved the bumper for the iPhone 4. Strange they are being discontinued.

My brother and i make our own wood and leather accessories for the iPhone 5 (www.carveon.com)

Brilliant, you should look at doing a dock station for the iPhone 5

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Got my iPhone 5 case out today and the screen protector on Friday. It's just a basic black matte finish case. Almost identical to the one on my current 4 so I'm happy.

It gives a good idea of the size of the new iPhone. Looks weird but a lot bigger to me. Making me more excited for the new one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Just bought one of the Carve on Case, Anyone find a cable yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It's pretty insane that no retailers have the adaptors/cables yet?

I've about 6 to buy for all my stuff..... nightmare.

S.

• Advertisement

afatbollix wrote: »
    Just bought one of the Carve on Case, Anyone find a cable yet?

Was in HMV today, they have Earpods etc (Although at a higher price of €39) but no sign of the lightening cables. I'd say CompuB might be the best bet. That's if they even have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Anyone have any case recommendations yet? Looking for something durable enough for kids to mess with but still stylish. I've used otterbox the last few times but would prefer something a bit nicer to look at. Seen a few online that I like (speck & cygnett) but most seem not to be available yet.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought myself a Case Mate Glam case in pink from Amazon UK.

getDynamicImage.aspx?path=cmi%5FGlam%5FNew%2Diphone%2D5%5FLipstick%2Dpink%5FCM022452%5F1%2Epng&w=480&h=480&q=100

getDynamicImage.aspx?path=cmi%5FGlam%5FNew%2Diphone%2D5%5FLipstick%2Dpink%5FCM022452%5F2%2Epng&w=480&h=480&q=100

It will hopefully tick all the boxes, has a front lip, is pink, etc.

Pythia wrote: »

Pink case

Thanks phytia, looks like that might do the job. Although might see if they have one less pinky! ;-)

Pythia wrote: »

[Snip]

Hopefully your female :P Hahah

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

she is :pac:

Have we gotten any word on any 3rd party adapters working yet? I need one for my flat, my folks house and work. and kinda dont want to splash out 60 yoyo's on chargers!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Have a usb charger for the car. Used to be able to charge my iphone 4 off it by plugging white cable in. Today i tried charging the iphone 5 of it by plugging lightning cable into usb cigarette charger. No joy.

Anyone any idea why? Voltage not enough or something? Its the charger that came with my Jabra Bluetooth handsfree.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Have a usb charger for the car. Used to be able to charge my iphone 4 off it by plugging white cable in. Today i tried charging the iphone 5 of it by plugging lightning cable into usb cigarette charger. No joy.
    You mean something like this?

USBCAR.jpg

I have one too and won't be happy if Apple have spuriously made them all incompatible. :mad:

Dades wrote: »
    You mean something like this?

USBCAR.jpg

I have one too and won't be happy if Apple have spuriously made them all incompatible. :mad:

Yeah exactly. I plugged the white lightning cable (supplied with the iPhone 5) into it and.............nothing :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

That is strange!
    Surely it's just a USB connection on the other end of the lightning cable right? Which should just slot into any USB socket, whether it's a laptop or a cigarette lighter charger? If that's the case, it must be something to do with the voltage. I know my iPad will not charge using the iPhone plug for example.

Went back out to the car there.

Used the same USB Cigarette charger for 4 devices:

Jabra Bluetooth Handsfree............Charged

iPad 2.............WONT charge

iPhone 4.............Charged

iPhone 5...........WONT charge

Must be a voltage issue, so be careful when purchasing car chargers for the iPhone 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

It's the amps. Standard usb is 5V 500mA - probably the same as the car charger shown above. I have a car charger which is 5V 2.1A which will charge the phone no bother. The plug given with the iPhone 5 is also 5V 2A.

I got mine of dealextreme. I can't see the exact one now but it looks something like this http://dx.com/p/mini-car-cigarette-powered-dual-usb-adapter-charger-for-ipad-p1000-white-137317?item=12 and the iPhone 5 charges when plugged into either of the usbs.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So the amps available are determined by the type of charger you have, rather than the car battery etc.? Interesting.

Fingers crossed my *Lidl special* (which previously worked a charm) is good enough!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Would you believe i got an email and my paypal refunded this evening because i bought through the USA store and they told me to rebuy through the Europe Store, but based on the comments above i will give it a miss.

Just bought one of these on Amazon for £5 with free P&P and then used Parcel Motel to get it to me :D

Picked this up today from my parcel motel where it spent the night.
    Really really happy with it.

Minimal intrusion but ful protection and lips to protect the screen when placed down. Deffo recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Picked this up today from my parcel motel where it spent the night.
    Really really happy with it.

Minimal intrusion but ful protection and lips to protect the screen when placed down. Deffo recommended.

picked up my own from parcel motel also. All I need is a phone for it now :rolleyes:
    Also got my griffin car charger in the same package from amazon. Very impressed with it, for 10 euro was a bargain. Charges the phone as fast if not faster than my wall plug, and has a dual usb input so I could charge 2 iphones at once if I wanted to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Has anyone got one of these. They cover the whole phone, so will protect the back from scratches with out altering the size of the phone or looks. The back will just be shiny. I think they do it in the car phone warehouse too.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-the-new-iphone-5-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

L5 wrote: »
    picked up my own from parcel motel also. All I need is a phone for it now :rolleyes:
    Also got my griffin car charger in the same package from amazon. Very impressed with it, for 10 euro was a bargain. Charges the phone as fast if not faster than my wall plug, and has a dual usb input so I could charge 2 iphones at once if I wanted to :D

Link for car charger please?

Will it defo do the iPhone 5? Different power output needed than for the 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Link for car charger please?

Will it defo do the iPhone 5? Different power output needed than for the 4

I posted the link a page back in this thread. The reviews on amazon are saying it works with the 5

L5 wrote: »
    I posted the link a page back in this thread. The reviews on amazon are saying it works with the 5

Got it thanks. Sure I'll try it out anyway. Just bought one there now, think its the same anyway. Can't go wrong for €3.98 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Any update on 3rd party connector adapters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

some nice cases here

http://www.iskin.com/iphone5/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

some nice cases here

Some nice ones in there alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Got it thanks. Sure I'll try it out anyway. Just bought one there now, think its the same anyway. Can't go wrong for €3.98 delivered.

Can you confim it works with iPhone5

Cant see any comments on Amazon saying it does

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement

some nice cases here

Yeh, some of them are pretty nice. Anyone ever used one of these before?

http://www.musubo.com.hk/catalog.asp?catid=64179

Those ones are currently only for iPhone 4 / 4S but they will be releasing most for the iPhone 5 too.

Advertisement