Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Accessories

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    It's the amps. Standard usb is 5V 500mA - probably the same as the car charger shown above. I have a car charger which is 5V 2.1A which will charge the phone no bother. The plug given with the iPhone 5 is also 5V 2A.

I got mine of dealextreme. I can't see the exact one now but it looks something like this http://dx.com/p/mini-car-cigarette-powered-dual-usb-adapter-charger-for-ipad-p1000-white-137317?item=12 and the iPhone 5 charges when plugged into either of the usbs.

Im afraid it wont work with this one :( even tho it says it can handle ipad which is the same amps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Has anyone seen any decent docks??. I'll probably end up getting a cheapo one on eBay from hong kong I guess.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I wouldn't buy anything until hearing feedback from other people who bought "cheapo" stuff. There's every chance it won't work due to restrictions associated with the new connector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

looking for a couple of things a little bit urgently:

lightning cable
    micro usb adapter
    Barely there case (very thin, and has the sides uncovered) - in black and or white
    screen protectors

as i need them urgently, anywhere around dublin would be handy. i gather carphonewarehouse might have some stuff, i was in the nutgrove branch and they didnt have any lightning stuff.

anybody aware if hmv might have these in stock by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Spipov wrote: »

lightning cable
    micro usb adapter
    Barely there case (very thin, and has the sides uncovered) - in black and or white
    screen protectors

as i need them urgently, anywhere around dublin would be handy. i gather carphonewarehouse might have some stuff, i was in the nutgrove branch and they didnt have any lightning stuff.

Lightning cable you might pick up in HMV. Maybe PC World for the Micro USB adapter. As for the case and screen protector, maybe pick up a cheap one somewhere to do you for the time being.

• Advertisement

would that be on moore street kind of thing? need something accessible via luas early tomorrow morning (the nearer to heuston station) the better. i can get to hmv no problem.

im hoping hmv will have everything though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

lightning cable
    micro usb adapter
    screen protectors

I have screen protectors if you are interested
    http://www.adverts.ie/2212604

would that be on moore street kind of thing? need something accessible via luas early tomorrow morning (the nearer to heuston station) the better. i can get to hmv no problem.

im hoping hmv will have everything though

A few weeks back I was in HMV Henry st. and they had Apple earpods but lightning cables were still backlogged. They should have them now though. And PC World would be up the road in Jervis. But I dunno how easy it would be to find the adapter other than online. You'd have to chance it unless someone else has found them anywhere at a bricks and mortar shop.

I got a case from Proporta. Really happy with it. Just a basic black hard cover and it's very similar to the old one on my iPhone 4. 2 free screen protectors with it too.

I'd say you'll find the lightning cable easy enough, the rest you might find difficult.

Thanks. Ill drop in to hmv henry street tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

HMV & Compu B in Cork have plenty of lightning cables in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

Compub on Grafton St. have cables and adapters too. Stock arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Got a nice sleeve for the iPhone for €15 delivered from etsy. Quite happy with it.

il_570xN.383826092_syp8.jpg

Here's the girl's store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Begoos?ref=seller_info
    Other colours available and she does custom designs; just give her the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

This post has been deleted.

I have the Poetic case aswell (thanks to kceire for pointing it out) and find it doesn't add too much to the thickness at all. I still think the phone looks much better without a case but as I found out, it scratches and dents ALL too easily.

I'm not against getting a new case if I see one I like but for now the Poetic does the job quite nicely.

Cannot recommend this enough.

http://www.thesnugg.co.uk/iphone-5-cases/snugg-iphone-5-ultra-thin-pc-skin-case-cover-black.aspx

Lifetime guarantee as well. Fits the phone perfectly and has access to all ports etc. I can post pics if people would like to see it in 'real life'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Cannot recommend this enough.

http://www.thesnugg.co.uk/iphone-5-cases/snugg-iphone-5-ultra-thin-pc-skin-case-cover-black.aspx

Lifetime guarantee as well. Fits the phone perfectly and has access to all ports etc. I can post pics if people would like to see it in 'real life'.

I'd like to see one, cheers.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I'd like to see one, cheers.

Here you go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I like that one.

If you like the snugg one check this one out. I have it on mine atm and its a perfect fit. Also doesn't have a logo on the back like the snugg one. The logos inside and hidden. I got 2 free premium screen protectors with it too. One seperate and one in the pack with the case. Only €17.95 delivered too so cheaper than snugg. Highly recommend it. From looking at the photos above its an exact copy. Both looks identical.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

€12.44 with free delivery for the new charging cable

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-iPhone-5-Data-Sync-Cable-Charger-USB-8-pin-5G-/110959199449?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccesories_MobilePhoneDataCables_JN&hash=item19d5af04d9#ht_1003wt_942

Have also used www.miniinthebox.com for other accessories and while postage can be a bit slow it is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

€12.44 with free delivery for the new charging cable

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-iPhone-5-Data-Sync-Cable-Charger-USB-8-pin-5G-/110959199449?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccesories_MobilePhoneDataCables_JN&hash=item19d5af04d9#ht_1003wt_942

Have also used www.miniinthebox.com for other accessories and while postage can be a bit slow it is free.

I'd be very wary of a company that doesn't even have them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the cable ended up not working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Anyone know where you can pickup a lightning adapter around Dublin. Apple.ie says around 3 weeks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

akadesign wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can pickup a lightning adapter around Dublin. Apple.ie says around 3 weeks!!!

Carphone warehouse have the lightning to 30 pin adaptors in most stores (swords and northside anyway) for 29.90

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Here you go :)

Good cover, but hides the sides and back. Case-mate clear cover doesn't hide the slate and black finish of the ip5

nightster1 wrote: »
    Good cover, but hides the sides and back. Case-mate clear cover doesn't hide the slate and black finish of the ip5

I don't like the feeling of plastic on my phone & I think the clear plastic looks cheap even though it does reveal the nice back.

Personal preference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I don't like the feeling of plastic on my phone & I think the clear plastic looks cheap even though it does reveal the nice back.

Personal preference :)

I had reservations about the plastic cover at first, but now that's its fitted, its v high quality and looks like lead crystal. Case-mate clear looks cool on the ip5:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

Well i run an eBay business so if anyones looking for iPhone 5 or even 4 accessories just PM me

I have the 30 pin adaptor (along with loads of other things) which are hard to get and im selling it for half of what apple are selling theres for!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

brophs wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of a company that doesn't even have them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the cable ended up not working.

Thats untrue as I know myself there are restricitons on manufacturing at the moment.

If anyones looking for a 30 pin adaptor here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271094105350

//

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How does it cost 9.50 to post a tiny adaper to Ireland? Are stamps gone up that much? Postage should be 1.50euros max.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

How does it cost 9.50 to post a tiny adaper to Ireland? Are stamps gone up that much? Postage should be 1.50euros max.

A eBay seller pays fees based on the sale price of an item exc postage, it's a way to get more cash for the actual item, you can rate the sellers postage costs in the feedback process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

A eBay seller pays fees based on the sale price of an item exc postage, it's a way to get more cash for the actual item, you can rate the sellers postage costs in the feedback process.

I know that, but it doesn't half turn people off purchasing the actual item.

Advertisement