Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purina pro plan v. Royal canin (boxer)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I tried Pro Plan - it's ok, nothing special! If you want a cheaper food than RC that is still good quality, and will help with farts, James Wellbeloved or Burns are both good choices. I would personally recomment both of these foods over RC, which is very overpriced for the quality of food you get. Both of these foods are designed for sensitive doggies so they may help with the gas problems (although, Boxers are quite a gassy breed). You can buy either on Zooplus or most pet stores will stock one or the other (I think some vets do Burns too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I tried Pro Plan - it's ok, nothing special! If you want a cheaper food than RC that is still good quality, and will help with farts, James Wellbeloved or Burns are both good choices. I would personally recomment both of these foods over RC, which is very overpriced for the quality of food you get. Both of these foods are designed for sensitive doggies so they may help with the gas problems (although, Boxers are quite a gassy breed). You can buy either on Zooplus or most pet stores will stock one or the other (I think some vets do Burns too!)

Thanks, might go for the james wellbeloved, seems like it would be sensitive enough for him.

this one caught my eye: http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/james_wellbeloved/wellbeloved_adult/128189

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I dunno if you were asking for an opinion on the link but I have used JWB Fish and Rice quite a bit and it is very good - the dogs really enjoy it and no smelly gas from the other end ;) I tend to feed slightly less than is recommended on the bag, even with my high energy dog - he's a looper, but this may not be the case for you, it's all about getting it right for your dog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I have a Boxer as well, while he loved James Wellbeloved it was a no go because he was seriously gassy on it, they would knock a horse. Not saying that it will be the same for your fella but just said I would say it.

Foods I have had success with in that department are Arden Grange, Burns and Skinners field and trail. We are on the skinners now, he loves it, really looks forward to his meals and I love it because it's very easy on the pocket. There is a thread on here about it. You can get it off amazon.

Advertisement