Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennis Tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

It will be 2 years tomorrow since this thread was started..

time passed so quickly..!!!

in the early morning..

Cibulkova (2.06) Vs Madison keys (1.73)..in china..

the american is the favourite..

but my play is Cibulkova..

wta bets are always risky as u all know..!!

mrdmb wrote: »
    It will be 2 years tomorrow since this thread was started..

time passed so quickly..!!!

in the early morning..

Cibulkova (2.06) Vs Madison keys (1.73)..in china..

the american is the favourite..

but my play is Cibulkova..

wta bets are always risky as u all know..!!

Voided

challenger tour..

Marco Giron Vs B Klahn

Giron to win at odds of 2.10

challenger tour..

Marco Giron Vs B Klahn

Giron to win at odds of 2.10

winner...:)

Pironkova over knap at 6/5

• Advertisement

Robredo vs Cilic

Robredo to win at 2.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Was just on Matchstat.com today for the first time in a while,was going to plan some outrights for next week.Found a bit of difficulty finding previous winners for next weeks events,it used to be just click on the event and then a drop-down menu,just says no information now:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Ferrer 11/4 to beat Murray. Yes please. All over set handicap 10/11.

Ferrer 11/4 to beat Murray. Yes please. All over set handicap 10/11.

Main bet in.

Ferrer bottles it in set 3. Served for match. Gotta love cash out. Great day

challenger tour starting soon.

J Souza to win at 1.90 VS Schwartzman

• Advertisement

Gonna have to pull this sky dish off the wall. Paying good money every month and any decent tennis or footie match on BT Sport. Cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Taking a chance on David Goffin today in Basel against Raonic.

Raonic has looked very laboured needing to dig deep to dispose of both Young and Johnson in the last two rounds.

He might come back to form but he's 8/13 today and the other two matches he was 1/9 and 1/8. Think his hearts not in it. Goffin @ 6/5 for me.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Taking a chance on David Goffin today in Basel against Raonic.

Raonic has looked very laboured needing to dig deep to dispose of both Young and Johnson in the last two rounds.

He might come back to form but he's 8/13 today and the other two matches he was 1/9 and 1/8. Think his hearts not in it. Goffin @ 6/5 for me.

Goffins incredible run has to come to an end, and Raonic could bring him down as Goffin has been competing against lower opposition. However after doing some research Goffin has won 88 of the last 98 sets he has played and has shot up the rankings. Wow. Think he has a chance as Raonic is not the best returner of balls, so if his serve holds up he could do it. However i cannot ignore the 8/11 (pp) about Raonic

Goffins incredible run has to come to an end, and Raonic could bring him down as Goffin has been competing against lower opposition. However after doing some research Goffin has won 88 of the last 98 sets he has played and has shot up the rankings. Wow. Think he has a chance as Raonic is not the best returner of balls, so if his serve holds up he could do it. However i cannot ignore the 8/11 (pp) about Raonic

8/11 for Raonic is very decent I admit that. I'm happy with 6/5 on Goffin and it will probably hinge on the first set. I just think that Raonic is a bit disinterested after watching his last two matches but even then he's not losing his serve. He could finally wake up though like Dimitrov yesterday.

One more play, Benjamin Becker 6/4 to beat Karlovic. Karlovic had a hard match yesterday and Becker had a good come from behind win against Kukushkin (he retired at 4-0 down in the 3rd) and at the prices I think he's worth a small stake.

Great win for Woz this morning too. People putting a lot of stock into Kvitova as she "had to win" to qualify. Same applies to Ivanovic vs Halep next up but think Halep will be too strong. Not playing it though.

8/11 for Raonic is very decent I admit that. I'm happy with 6/5 on Goffin and it will probably hinge on the first set. I just think that Raonic is a bit disinterested after watching his last two matches but even then he's not losing his serve. He could finally wake up though like Dimitrov yesterday.

One more play, Benjamin Becker 6/4 to beat Karlovic. Karlovic had a hard match yesterday and Becker had a good come from behind win against Kukushkin (he retired at 4-0 down in the 3rd) and at the prices I think he's worth a small stake.

Great win for Woz this morning too. People putting a lot of stock into Kvitova as she "had to win" to qualify. Same applies to Ivanovic vs Halep next up but think Halep will be too strong. Not playing it though.

Good point. Never confident backing Raonic at the best of times. Had Karlovic in a double yest with Andujar, thought he would have disposed of De Schepper easier but Becker has a good game. Good to see Woz back to some form. Having some of Halep at 10/11. May double with Robredo.

Good point. Never confident backing Raonic at the best of times. Had Karlovic in a double yest with Andujar, thought he would have disposed of De Schepper easier but Becker has a good game. Good to see Woz back to some form. Having some of Halep at 10/11. May double with Robredo.

You feel Robredo is a step too far for Andujar? He was very impressive yesterday and obviously when dumping out Berdych. He has the Spanish crowd on his side too but that obvioulsy doesn't count for much when you're playing another Spaniard!!

I think Halep will win as Ivanovic although she played well against Serena, the match against Bouchard completely flattered her. She was just keeping the ball in play for large periods and Bouchard was having a massive amount of unforced errors at crucial times.

You feel Robredo is a step too far for Andujar? He was very impressive yesterday and obviously when dumping out Berdych. He has the Spanish crowd on his side too but that obvioulsy doesn't count for much when you're playing another Spaniard!!

I think Halep will win as Ivanovic although she played well against Serena, the match against Bouchard completely flattered her. She was just keeping the ball in play for large periods and Bouchard was having a massive amount of unforced errors at crucial times.

Yeah i think so. Watched Andujar yest and found his plays very slow and Lajovic didnt put up much of a fight. Coupled with the fact that he beat Isner in 2, i feel he will have too much for him. Good to have different opinion and thoughts on the Tennis tips forum, money to be made on Tennis

Yeah i think so. Watched Andujar yest and found his plays very slow and Lajovic didnt put up much of a fight. Coupled with the fact that he beat Isner in 2, i feel he will have too much for him. Good to have different opinion and thoughts on the Tennis tips forum, money to be made on Tennis

Ah there certainly is, especially if you watch a tournament from the start and don't get too engrossed in reputations and their short odds.

I'm going to stay away from the Andujar game unless a few of the earlier games go my way.

The rest of the Base and Valencia matches look uncompetitive and I'd be surprised if any of Nadal, Federer, Murray, Ferrer or even Chardy was beaten.

Ferrer v Murray again today. Ferrer was 11/4 for the win last week and set handicap 10/11. Disappointed to see Ferrer at 6/5 and set handicap at 4/9. Fancy Ferrer but not at those prices.

Murray too good again 2-0

Paris qualifications
    delbonis versus querry

Delbonis to win at 4,5

• Advertisement

Woke up late but should have know serena was going to bounce back emphatically

Goffin vs Fed

Tie break in the match at 2.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Istomin retires at 4-0 down in final set:rolleyes:

Voiding bets.

At least the likes of PP are usually good at "justice" payouts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Heard skybet and Ladbrokes paid out.

Anyone fancy anything tomorrow? Haven't a chance to look tonight but will take a peek in morning.

Challenger in Australia..match from qualifications.

Puodziunas (7.0) vs Eames Jake (1.08)

Puodziunas to win at odds of 7..

I know he is highly likely to lose but for a challenger at these odds...I'll try with a small punt

Link for the stats

http://www.tennislive.net/atp/match/scott-puodziunas-VS-jake-eames/traralgon-challenger-2014/

I cant find a huge difference to explain those odds..

Anyone fancy anything tomorrow? Haven't a chance to look tonight but will take a peek in morning.

what do u think about Rosol chances versus Goffin..

Goffin was destroyed by Fed...will it affect him ?

I know Rosol hasnt been in great form recently but the Goffin I know from the last few years can lose concentration and interest easily..

Maybe Robredo to beat Popisil at 11/10? I understand that Robredo had a tough tournament just gone and an agonising loss in the final but he's playing some very good tennis at the minute and if his head is in it, he could easily win this match.

Cuevas over mayer at 13/8

• Advertisement

I know Rosol hasnt been in great form recently but the Goffin I know from the last few years can lose concentration and interest easily..

That's true and I've used the same analogy on the Robredo vs Pospisil game too but I've gone the other way. I think Goffin and Robredo, while suffering devastating losses at the weekend (all be it in contrasting circumstances) are playing well enough and are confident enough to give it one more push.

I do like your shout on Cuevas though and he's out to 2/1 now on Bet365

Played cuevas with ladbrokes so got paid on retirement.

Not so sure now about Goffin. He's still young and he might recover if he's in form he will win. My play is over 2.5 sets at 13/8

Hard one. Rosol capable, but his form (and attitude) is sometimes indifferent. Goffin has to be wrecked.
    Maybe Robredo to beat Popisil at 11/10? I understand that Robredo had a tough tournament just gone and an agonising loss in the final but he's playing some very good tennis at the minute and if his head is in it, he could easily win this match.

Tough one. After seeing Murray and Robredo after their match wouldnt back either to do much this week. Pospisil had a win over similar player to Robredo in Nieminen during week and has good serve. Would lean towards Posp today only because of the Robredo/ Murray marathon. No bet for me.

Benneteau to pinch a set off Murray at 11/10 in morning might be worth a bet

Played cuevas with ladbrokes so got paid on retirement.

Not so sure now about Goffin. He's still young and he might recover if he's in form he will win. My play is over 2.5 sets at 13/8

Ah nice one, I wasn't so lucky! What happened to Mayer by the way, I wasn't able to watch it, so I was just following the score on the net

Hard one. Rosol capable, but his form (and attitude) is sometimes indifferent. Goffin has to be wrecked.

Tough one. After seeing Murray and Robredo after their match wouldnt back either to do much this week. Pospisil had a win over similar player to Robredo in Nieminen during week and has good serve. Would lean towards Posp today only because of the Robredo/ Murray marathon. No bet for me.

It was looking like all the games might catch up with Robredo as he was a break down in the third set but he got there in the end, winning the 3rd set tiebreak.

• Advertisement

It was looking like all the games might catch up with Robredo as he was a break down in the third set but he got there in the end, winning the 3rd set tiebreak.

Great to see. Energy of a 20 year old!! See Goffin did the business also. Karlovic lost in 2, bit suprised at that. Also Verdasco pus out Simon. Not a tournament to be backing heavily me thinks.

Fabio Fognini 1.83 versus Lucas Pouille 1.83

cant understand..true the italian is not a great indoors player and has been in a bad form but still he cant be that bad.!

will go with Fognini..

Fabio Fognini 1.83 versus Lucas Pouille 1.83

cant understand..true the italian is not a great indoors player and has been in a bad form but still he cant be that bad.!

will go with Fognini..

Yep I'm with you on Fognini later on too.

I'm sticking to the Goffin bandwagon today. While not 100% convinced that he'll take down Ferrer, I'm going to chance him with +2.5 games @ 5/6.

Speculative double today on over 2 sets in Ferrer vs Goffin and over 2 sets in Thiem vs Warwinka.

Gonna jump on Fognini also. Cant understand pricing. Prob because Pouille took out Karlovic in 2, who had taken a set of Federer last week.

Edit. No bet now on Fognini. Money coming for Pouille 8/11. Iffy

Yep I'm with you on Fognini later on too.

I'm sticking to the Goffin bandwagon today. While not 100% convinced that he'll take down Ferrer, I'm going to chance him with +2.5 games @ 5/6.

Speculative double today on over 2 sets in Ferrer vs Goffin and over 2 sets in Thiem vs Warwinka.

Mixed bag. Goffin covered the +2.5 but Thiem lost in straight sets when he threw away a few set points in the tie breaker.

Worst was Fognini though who served for both sets but ended up being broken and lost both tiebreakers!!

• Advertisement

Lucky escape. Fognini is officially a no-go betting area. Served for the 1st. Break up in 2nd.

Anderson Vs Wawrinka...

Wawrinka for the win at 1.53...any thoughts..its still a good price imo..

Watched Andreson vs Giraldo...he was relying on his serve...poor volleys...and lost most of the rallies..

I know Stan hasnt been great lately but he managed to win today 2-0 against Thiem..

Stan 2-0 is 2.25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anderson won last time they played and Paris is known for upsets.

ffs, Querrey and Llodra have beaten Novak here.

Gutted I didn't back Lopez at odds against v Querrey, how the big Yank was fav I don't know. :(

Temped by Dimitrov v Murray who must be knackered by now and has a poor record here, Dimitrov needs the win to have any hope of getting to London.

Monfils might be a speculative bet against Novak as well, Monfils has pushed him very close a lot of times and home crowd will galvanise him as its last match of the night, and I dunno how arsed Novak will be after his kid last week and with London on his mind.

Novak will probably win, but anyone backing him at 1/7 tomorrow with the bookies, ****ing hell.

Rjd2 wrote: »

Gutted I didn't back Lopez at odds against v Querrey, how the big Yank was fav I don't know. :(

Temped by Dimitrov v Murray who must be knackered by now and has a poor record here, Dimitrov needs the win to have any hope of getting to London.

Monfils might be a speculative bet against Novak as well, Monfils has pushed him very close a lot of times and home crowd will galvanise him as its last match of the night, and I dunno how arsed Novak will be after his kid last week and with London on his mind.

Novak will probably win, but anyone backing him at 1/7 tomorrow with the bookies, ****ing hell.

Ha no reason to be taking Novak at those odds at all. I'd certainly be on Monfils in the handicap market.

Berdych vs Lopez is about to start and I haven't been impressed by Berdych at all this week or last week when he was destroyed by Andujar. Taking Lopez to win the first set @ 2/1 and also +3.5 games on the hcap.

Ha no reason to be taking Novak at those odds at all. I'd certainly be on Monfils in the handicap market.

Berdych vs Lopez is about to start and I haven't been impressed by Berdych at all this week or last week when he was destroyed by Andujar. Taking Lopez to win the first set @ 2/1 and also +3.5 games on the hcap.

Off to a nightmare start -- Berdych up 3-0 in the first!!:(

Wawrinka the waster served for the match.

AAGGHH f**k off Wawrinka. And Ronnie O Sullivan too. Ruined a good week

Wawrinka the wasted served for the match.

AAGGHH f**k off Wawrinka. And Ronnie O Sullivan too. Ruined a good week

Yeah and was 30-0 up serving for the match too! A bout of Fogninitis I think!

Berdych destroyed Lopez but both players were awful and I'd be backing whoever played them next up.

Think I'll leave the rest of the day as I was thinking Dimitrov would give Murray a good run and he's doing anything but! The radar must be off! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Rjd2 wrote: »

Genuinely forgot to back Dimitrov, lucky escape. :)

Backed Monfils though.

burning_money.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Note to self: never back wawrinka again:mad:

After watching Berdych yesterday and Anderson vs Warwinka, I can't see how Anderson is a 3/1 underdog. I know on history he hasn't performed to the level of Berdych but I think he is playing as well at the minute. As i said yesterday, Berdych has been fairly poor the last couple of weeks and I'm taking Anderson at 3/1 and also +3.5 games @ 10/11

• Advertisement
Advertisement