Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennis Tips

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

moneymad wrote: »
    154512770-e6538120-8abb-4dca-a854-fda2f73dc8e9.jpg

Are you laughing at me or just showing me another player who has mentality problems lol!!

With all the watching of monfils and fed i just switched over to realise chardy is making a game of it against murry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are you laughing at me or just showing me another player who has mentality problems lol!!
    I was pointing out that's what youre dealing with. :)

I was pointing out that's what youre dealing with. :)

Great example tbf

With all the watching of monfils and fed i just switched over to realise chardy is making a game of it against murry
    5-2 up, didn't spot that either.
    Hope it goes 5 sets. Fair play to Chardy.

• Advertisement

Murray not going for enough winners at all. Too passive. He needs to step into the court and start bossing a bit more.

Brilliant winner from that serve.

Im gonna go with 3 sets in the errani - georges match @ 2.37

Is Serena injured or what's the story?

I'm fully convinced she lost the first set on purpose to wreck with Stephens's head.

• Advertisement

Is Serena injured or what's the story?

Has a cold apparently, there is alot of it around (worth keeping an eye on for betting reasons) georges had the tissue out every 5mins, monfils was fecked from it too

A bit of value for stephens @ 3/1 now, i still dont know though

Williams seems fecked, she is grunting mad but their is zero power behind it, seems she has no energy

Going mad I missed laying Mitu, she was always going to lose that match.
    In saying that the second set should be tight.
    Was too busy betting on the Williams match. WIll keep an eye out for the ones with a cold.
    SOund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Just waiting on someone to have the guts to finish Serena off when they get the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Does anyone think Bacsinszky has a chance against Kvitova? She's played pretty well in the tournament so far

Brilliant comeback from Sock in the third. Nadal serving for the set at 5-4 and Sock wins the next three and takes it into the fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    Sharapova 2-0 vs safarova odds 1.94

Murray vs Chardy total games over 31.5 odds of 1.9

Sloane Stephens +1.5 set handicap odds of 2.56

2 out of 3

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Does anyone think Bacsinszky has a chance against Kvitova? She's played pretty well in the tournament so far
    If the weather was more like yesterday i'd favour her to cause the upset. But today it's 19degrees and sunny. In saying that i'd expect her to take a set. See how it goes in play.

Bacsinszky's second serve is saving her from being broken. Wonder how long that will carry on for?
    Must be very frustrating to play someone like her. Moonballs and forehand slice into the middle of the court. The Kvitova smashes forehands wide by ten feet.

• Advertisement

This match is over. Her serving is terrible.
    DOn't like Kvitova's attitude. She has a look about which suggests Bacsinszky shouldn't even be on the same court as her.
    Might backfire.

This match is over. Her serving is terrible.

Terrible serving first set. Women's tennis is so unpredictable though, she's 3-0 up in the second set!!

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Terrible serving first set. Women's tennis is so unpredictable though, she's 3-0 up in the second set!!
    I know. This is shocking. Kvitova's attitude is i'll win this anyway. Hope she loses.

I know. This is shocking. Kvitova's attitude is i'll win this anyway. Hope she loses.

6-0 and a break up in the decider, crazy stuff

Can't wait to bet against copy+paste Bacsinszky next round.
    Not sure if this is the worst match i've betted on, but it's defintely top 10.
    About a million errors.

Can't wait to bet against copy+paste Bacsinszky next round.
    Not sure if this is the worst match i've betted on, but it's defintely top 10.
    About a million errors.

Who is she playing next?

Van Uytvanck next. Backsinsky 1/5 lol

My only bet today is a 50euro treble on

Nishi/tsonga over 38 games @evens
    Fed /wawrinka over 39 games @ 5/6
    Mug /saf over 22 games @ 10/11

Good luck today folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

My only bet today is a 50euro treble on

Nishi/tsonga over 38 games @evens
    Fed /wawrinka over 39 games @ 5/6
    Mug /saf over 22 games @ 10/11

Good luck today folks!!

Followed you on this with one exception, gone for over 2.5 sets in the women's game at 11/8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Does Rafa have a chance at all 2mrw? Has he ever been as big as 15/8 on clay

Shane St. wrote: »
    Does Rafa have a chance at all 2mrw? Has he ever been as big as 15/8 on clay

None whatsoever.

Now your heads wrecked. Surely Djokovic who is at the top of his game can topple the King tomorrow.

350812.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

as a djoker outright backer, the wind is a big worry. the birthday boy rafa will know hes the underdog but hes played much better here than the last tornie. still think djoker will win this but could easily go 5 sets

Murray to win french open odds of 15/2
    Safarova to win french open odds of 5/1

And double of both to win....odds of 51

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Like this, currently available BP of x56 (only with Boyles) as of now (x9 Murray)(x6 Safarova). {aka 55/1}.
    Will have Murray x9 as part of an Accumulator anyway, in good form...

• Advertisement

Not a hope in gods green earth will he beat djokovic though

Not a hope in gods green earth will he beat djokovic though

Why not? He has been in good form in clay over the last few weeks.

Women's semi tomorrow

Safarova 8/11

Bacizensky 9/2 she won't let it go at this stage.

mrdmb wrote: »
    Why not? He has been in good form in clay over the last few weeks.

Thats fine untill you see Murray being Murray. You know exactly what I mean :p

This match is the best out of the whole womens tournement.

Can't wait for this.

One thing i notice is defensively Safarova isn't as good as Ivanovic and her return wouldn't be as good either.
    I think Anna will handle the pressure better and win the first set. Hopefully Safarova goes on to win the match though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Anyone any views on Bryan/Bryan v Bolelli/Fognini

I think Bryan/Bryan win @ 1.40 is a decent price considering they are number 1 seeds and they recently disposed of this pairing on clay (2-0) at the Monte Carlo final?

Bryan Bros in-play 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

This match is the best out of the whole womens tournement.

Can't wait for this.

One thing i notice is defensively Safarova isn't as good as Ivanovic and her return wouldn't be as good either.
    I think Anna will handle the pressure better and win the first set. Hopefully Safarova goes on to win the match though.

I fancy Safarova in this. I think her confidence and form is higher than Ivanovics going into this. Safarova won in the doubles last night too. She looks to me in the form of her life. I reckon she will destroy Iavnovic's serve, can be erratic. Safarova's a leftie too!

Although Ana's results are good in the last few going in, i don't think it tells the story of matches where she has been out of sorts. I watched a lot of matches this year where Ana has been awful, final in mexico particularly. A slow start today and she will be hurt. She hasn't been this far in a slam in a long time, 2008 i think. There may still be some doubt lingering, don't think the same can be said for Safarova. Will be a great game all the same, two very competitive players.

Im going to look at Safarova to win the 1st set - 1.73. Ive seen Ivanovic be slow to get her service game going at the start of matches

Bryan Bros in-play 8/15

Winner. Not a short odds betting man usually but had to be taken. Winnings on Safarova.

Anyone any views on Bryan/Bryan v Bolelli/Fognini

I think Bryan/Bryan win @ 1.40 is a decent price considering they are number 1 seeds and they recently disposed of this pairing on clay (2-0) at the Monte Carlo final?

Damn it talked myself out of it.

I'm going to take Serena to win first set @ 1.25 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

Damn it talked myself out of it.

I'm going to take Serena to win first set @ 1.25 now.

heard them saying that at practic this morning serena looked lethargic and was coughing into a cloth. then at the end of practice she started hammering serves a million miles an hr, which could be the game plan in the 1st set particularly. I think if her serve is off could be in trouble bascinskzy is good at battling that wont suit serena by the sounds of it. In a lot of her matches so far she has lost the 1st set or come out kinda half asleep - worth considering

heard them saying that at practic this morning serena looked lethargic and was coughing into a cloth. then at the end of practice she started hammering serves a million miles an hr, which could be the game plan in the 1st set particularly. I think if her serve is off could be in trouble bascinskzy is good at battling that wont suit serena by the sounds of it. In a lot of her matches so far she has lost the 1st set or come out kinda half asleep - worth considering

Bascinskzy is such a negative player. She literally just lobs the ball back into play when on the defensive. So far her opponents weren't good enough to take advantage of the good looks they were getting but Serena is a totally different kettle of fish. I think it could be a very one sided match although I hope I'm wrong as I've enjoyed Bascinskzy getting this far.

My thinking is that the greatest women's tennis player of all time should be comfortably beating a player who was considering becoming a hotel manager only a couple of years ago!

Shes in unchartered territory and I think she may have run out of road but who knows!

Live play Baghdatis 21/20

You were completely right -- she looks so lethargic out there and if she doesnt win the point in the first few shots, she invariably loses the point as her mobility seems dreadful for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement