Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennis Tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Raonic gone. Watching the match, his serve is all he has.

Yeah i had Simon to win

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭suave.4u

mrdmb wrote: »
    Yeah i had Simon to win

Raonic is just back after injury..I think he is a much better player than Simon

I meant I played him to win ie Simon when the odds were 2/1 cuz Raonic has been struggling

Seppi vs Monfils total sets over 2.5 odds of 13/8

Void

Risky bet

Troicki 2-0 sets over isner odds 3.75

Risky bet

Troicki 2-0 sets over isner odds 3.75

Big fire in the hole :))

Nishikori should beat Seppi...hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Troicki win and Troicki +1.5 sets. Haven't found best price yet

Ivo karlovic +1.5 set handicap over Federer odds 2.5

Mladenovic to win over Pliskova odds of 2.37

Anderson 2-1 set betting over Simon... Odds of 4

• Advertisement

Ivo karlovic +1.5 set handicap over Federer odds 2.5

Mladenovic to win over Pliskova odds of 2.37

2 disappointing losses

Anderson 2-1 set betting over Simon... Odds of 4

But one big win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

In play Troicki to win first set @ 3.75

In play

S liscki to win the 2nd set odds 6/5

A. Tomljanovic to win over I Falcon.

Odds 1. 73

Pliskova vs kerber total sets over 2.5 odds of 2.37

Guys any good "SAFE" bets around (even if the earnings are less) ..?

A. Tomljanovic to win over I Falcon.

Odds 1. 73

Loser

Pliskova vs kerber total sets over 2.5 odds of 2.37

Winner

• Advertisement

Live play

Pliskova to win over kerber current score 1-1 sets odds of 2.38

Almagro to win over istomin odds 2.2

Guy, a very good bet is coming up.

Karolina Pliskova vs casey dellacqua.
    Pliskova is playing very well on grass and has some major victories recently.

suave.4u wrote: »
    Guy, a very good bet is coming up.

Karolina Pliskova vs casey dellacqua.
    Pliskova is playing very well on grass and has some major victories recently.

And she wins :)

Daniel Evans to win over sugita odds 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Daniel Evans to win over sugita odds 2.5

GREAT TIP :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Two players I will be keeping on the right side of in Wimbledon are Denis Istomin and Marcos Baghdatis -- they are both playing very well at the minute, esp Baghdatis.

In the women's section, dare I say it but Wozinacki is finding a bit of form -- she will invetiably get beaten in the latter half of the tournament but she might be worth a play or two against some of her more fancied rivals.

Lu over Dologbolov odds of 2.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I had the 8 qtr finals done today in eastborne and nottingham 1 was void and bloody simon let me down i had 50 on it to win a grand, you wouldnt mind but he had 2 match points in the 2nd set tie break:mad::(

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I had the 8 qtr finals done today in eastborne and nottingham 1 was void and bloody simon let me down i had 50 on it to win a grand, you wouldnt mind but he had 2 match points in the 2nd set tie break:mad::(

Tennis can really break your heart sometimes

Tennis can really break your heart sometimes

I know tell me about it, i was making plans for the grand and everything lol!,
    Tbh i didnt do any research or anything they were all favs and just threw 50 on it last night, querry had only beaten simon once outta 5 meetings though i think untill today, but shur you gotta laugh:D

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I know tell me about it, i was making plans for the grand and everything lol!,
    Tbh i didnt do any research or anything they were all favs and just threw 50 on it last night, querry had only beaten simon once outta 5 meetings though i think untill today, but shur you gotta laugh:D

Yeah he let me down as well. He never really recovered after that second set tiebreak.

I'm going to play Baghdatis and Wozi in a double today in their semi finals.

Sloane Stephens +3.5 game handicap over Radwanska odds 1.91

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah he let me down as well. He never really recovered after that second set tiebreak.

I'm going to play Baghdatis and Wozi in a double today in their semi finals.
    All the best!!

All the best!!

Ah bit of a nightmare as the 6/5 on the double becomes a single at 4/11 of Wozi because Baghdatis retired injured 2-1 up in the first set. Them's the breaks!

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Ah bit of a nightmare as the 6/5 on the double becomes a single at 4/11 of Wozi because Baghdatis retired injured 2-1 up in the first set. Them's the breaks!

It is a bad day for sure. Woz macth also cancelled.
    How many times does this happen :)

Ha yeah a bit of a curse today so I was! Bet just becomes null and void! Good win for Querry. Novak in big trouble too, seems like a funny old day

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

First time this has happened me but why do I still have a cash out option for this game?

Istomin vs Querrey..who is gonna win. Everyone is saying Querrey...hmm..

Bencic vs Radwanska.. Total games over 20.5 odds of 1.83

Bencic vs Radwanska.. Total games over 20.5 odds of 1.83

Finally a winner

• Advertisement

Mark my words but bencic WILL be world no 1 its only a matter of when

Istomin vs Querrey..who is gonna win. Everyone is saying Querrey...hmm..

Querrey squandered it!!!

Guys Wimbledon starts on Monday...any good tips..Good time to make some cash....hopefully :)

Hopefully Wimbledon is as profitable as the French Open. Isner 3-0 1/2 and Karlovic 3-0 10/11 look good so far. Haven't got looking more in depth or for better prices yet

Baghdatis retiring during week depending what the problem was, maybe Donald Young worth a punt. Unless it was just precautionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Was reading about some 6'4" aussie bloke 'Groth' whom is reported to have the fastest serve in the world 'bout 163.4mph.
    Leaving just 600 milliseconds for a reaction (usually to duck). Top speeds achieved above 25oC, and it's likely to be 30-35oC this week onwards.

700/1 (stanley), won't win the thing of course, but might have a good start and take out a few eyes. Has to beat Sock, then Fed though - just to get to 2nd round. To then probably face Lopez, then maybe Ber', then likely Nadal/Murray....

Make it to 2nd round, maybe quarters just (no prices yet). Multiply it up with a bunch of safeties e.g. Greexit (x2.8), CMcG (x1.8) and either of the wildcards Jap(x4)/Eng(x10) to win the ladies kickdeball (is actually decent viewing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Groth is a great lad, Improved tons in the past two years. He's not beating Sock thou, Jack's serve is a monster as well, and he's a far better all round player. I'd be surprised if he makes it beyond the 1st round. Would absolutely lose to Federer in rnd 3.

Hopefully Wimbledon is as profitable as the French Open. Isner 3-0 1/2 and Karlovic 3-0 10/11 look good so far. Haven't got looking more in depth or for better prices yet

Baghdatis retiring during week depending what the problem was, maybe Donald Young worth a punt. Unless it was just precautionary

I hear Baggy retired as a precaution more so than anything else. He's very good on grass and will have a vocal enough support on his side, he can be really good in those conditions. Wouldn't bet Young myself, but yeknow, tis sport.. **** happens!

While I'm at it, Youngs only played two grass matches and lost both, Baghdatis has 9 under his belt, so if he's fit he really should be winning it.

Off the top of my head having had a quick scan, Cuevas, Becker, De Schepper all seem decent value to me, there's a whole ton of matches between odds of 1.2 -1.5 that'd I'd have down as dead certs but they're easy enough for any of you to pick out yourselves I'm sure.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ymer nicked a set off Karlovic btw, but Isner 3-0 should be fine.

Anyway, don't take everything I've posted as gospel, I'm not an expert, but I watch quite a bit of tennis..

Diyaz 2.3 over Penneta

• Advertisement

P Cuevas 5/4.

Advertisement