Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennis Tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

A Beck +1.5 set handicap versus flipkens

Odds 1.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭suave.4u

P Cuevas 5/4.

Looks like a decent bet. Hasn't been updated yet in betfair;maybe they are playing late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Bolleli v Nishikori

Over 3.5 sets @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

How do people think hantuchova will do today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Mayer 1st set winner 4/7

• Advertisement

How do people think hantuchova will do today?

2 very unpredictable players. Both capable of winning 2-0 at their best. If i had to pick i'd go for Cibulkova 2-1 but its a toss up, and them games are best overlooked i find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

mrdmb wrote: »

Odds 1.5

6-0 Beck first set, nice stress free bet for you there!

I had Thiem down as one to follow this year too but he looks to have the yips a bit. Dudi Sella taking the first set quite comfortably against him 6-2.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    6-0 Beck first set, nice stress free bet for you there!

I had Thiem down as one to follow this year too but he looks to have the yips a bit. Dudi Sella taking the first set quite comfortably against him 6-2.

Thiem to win, small bet. He's a far better player than Sela. Not watching is, so hard to know whats going on

Odds 1.5

Winner

Diyaz 2.3 over Penneta

Winner

• Advertisement

Chung 2.37 to win over Herbert

Thiem to win, small bet. He's a far better player than Sela. Not watching is, so hard to know whats going on

Backed him myself on that basis and he's just after taking three sets in a row and winning. I hope he is less nervous going forward as he's a very good young player and is well capable of taking a few scalps if his head is right.

Suarez Navarro one set down and 4-0 down in the second against Jalena Ostapenko. Didn't know who she was so googled her and it turns out she won last year's junior Wimbledon championship and was the second best junior player in the world! Looks like she is going to take the prize scalp of the number 9 seed.

Mayer 1st set winner 4/7

:eek:

:eek:

Leonardo Mayer that was earlier. Winner!!

Shocking that Sara Errani couldn't put away Schiavone in 2 sets, after serving for the match.

Leonardo Mayer that was earlier. Winner!!

Ah sh!te!

I stuck the other mayer into my accum! :(:(:(

Ah sh!te!

I stuck the other mayer into my accum! :(:(:(

Oops sorry bout that, haven't much time today. Should have specified and it was in running also.

Kaia kanepi to win over Hseish odds of 2.25

Was in a hurry myself so didn't do any checking up on it - only small stakes.

Just looking at it now the odds for Monaco were very generous considering his ATP ranking against his opponent!

• Advertisement

L Davis to win vs Hercog odds 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    Bolleli v Nishikori
    Over 3.5 sets @ 10/11
    Easy winner. Gone into 5th set now.

Hopefully Wimbledon is as profitable as the French Open. Isner 3-0 1/2 and Karlovic 3-0 10/11 look good so far. Haven't got looking more in depth or for better prices yet

Isner wins 3-0 Karlovic on in morning
    P Cuevas 5/4.

Cashout for slightly less than full profit when 2-0 up. Bit disappointing that he lost. Would be wary of backing Cuevas again.
    Mayer 1st set winner 4/7

Winner. One to watch also

Nice at 11/4. Only small bet, really should of went a bit harder on this as he is a class above Sela.

Had Errani to win 2-0 also during the day but she faffed about in the second set when serving for the match and lost the second. Not great on serve and worth laying against a better opponent. Overall very good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Put 100 on heather watson in play @3.5 to win was 6.00 about 5 mins before

Looking at overs games in Gulbis/Rosol tomorrow 4/5 38.5 games.

Also found an interesting market in Tsonga/Muller match. Score after 6 games 3-3 8/13. Same in Berdych/Chardy game 10/11.

Chardy +2.5 sets 1/1. Karlovic beat berdych recently.

Not 'get rich' prices so looking for a few value bets.

Diyaz 2.3 over Penneta :)

Odds 1.5 :)
    Chung 2.37 to win over Herbert :(
    Kaia kanepi to win over Hseish odds of 2.25 :(
    L Davis to win vs Hercog odds 2 :)

3 wins and 2 losses.

Chung sucked big time was up a break in the 5th set..was busy with work otherwise I should have cashed out..

Hseish match I didnt research it but after it started I realized that Hseish has been very solid in the qualifications with a very solid serve...she's up next against Safarova..I'll wait for the game handicap macth as Hseish could cover it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A punter in Aberdeen has placed a bet of £50,000 on Andy Murray to win Wimbledon. - Yikes!

The wager on Murray - the competition's 5/2 second favourite, behind Novak Djokovic - would net a £175,000 return, including the stake.
    Ladbrokes believes it to be the largest tennis bet ever placed in Scotland. :o

Think the Andy will struggle for a bit in the 35oC temps due in this week, then has to fend off multiple big names to get the title.

11/4 is also available which is roughly 107.1428571428571% better value...

100 on, nadal,dolgopolov,berdych,stakhovsky,karlovic,mahut,troicki,halep,wozniaki,radwanska, to win 300

i was gonna do 10 hot favs for todays games too but didnt and of course they all won, which means tomorrow they wont:P but if you aint in you cant win;)

M Doi to win over Svitlona odds of 2.63

• Advertisement

Adding Pascezk to win odds of 2.3

A punter in Aberdeen has placed a bet of £50,000 on Andy Murray to win Wimbledon. - Yikes!

The wager on Murray - the competition's 5/2 second favourite, behind Novak Djokovic - would net a £175,000 return, including the stake.
    Ladbrokes believes it to be the largest tennis bet ever placed in Scotland. :o

Think the Andy will struggle for a bit in the 35oC temps due in this week, then has to fend off multiple big names to get the title.

11/4 is also available which is roughly 107.1428571428571% better value...

is this guy for real?
    But hats off to his courage :).
    maybe he is a billionaire anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭BQQ

Alize Cornet is 7/4 with Boyles to beat Ana Konjuh despite being the higher ranked player.
    She beat Serena here last year before losing to Bouchard in the 4th round, so she's useful enough on grass.

Konjuh is fav based on winning at Nottingham recently, but she only had to beat one seeded player on the way and that was Casey Dellacqua.

7/4 Cornet looks too big.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    100 on, nadal,dolgopolov,berdych,stakhovsky,karlovic,mahut,troicki,halep,wozniaki,radwanska, to win 300

i was gonna do 10 hot favs for todays games too but didnt and of course they all won, which means tomorrow they wont:P but if you aint in you cant win;)

Did a crazy acca with those and a few others including Denis Istomin. Istomin getting fairly well beaten in the first two sets here :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭BQQ

Did a crazy acca with those and a few others including Denis Istomin. Istomin getting fairly well beaten in the first two sets here :mad:

He's probably still has a hangover after winning his first title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Was reading about some 6'4" aussie bloke 'Groth' whom is reported to have the fastest serve in the world 'bout 163.4mph. Leaving just 600 milliseconds for a reaction (usually to duck). Top speeds achieved above 25oC, and it's likely to be 30-35oC this week onwards.

700/1 (stanley), won't win the thing of course, but might have a good start and take out a few eyes. Has to beat Sock, then Fed though - just to get to 2nd round. To then probably face Lopez, then maybe Ber', then likely Nadal/Murray....
    Groth is a great lad, Improved tons in the past two years. He's not beating Sock thou, Jack's serve is a monster as well, and he's a far better all round player. I'd be surprised if he makes it beyond the 1st round. Would absolutely lose to Federer in rnd 3.

Groth it is :) perhaps he'll shake up Fed too, got at x81 to be Quarter4 Winner

• Advertisement

BQQ wrote: »
    He's probably still has a hangover after winning his first title

Absolutely blessed. Istomin retires "ill" after being two sets down and a break down in the third. Someone upstairs looking out for me!! :-)

Put 100 on heather watson in play @3.5 to win was 6.00 about 5 mins before

I love you miss watson:D

I love you miss watson:D

Yeah she did well to hold the two match points at 15-40 down. Fair play

50 on vesnina to win @ 3.00

What the hell has happened to bouchard in the last 12mths, she has nosedived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

What the hell has happened to bouchard in the last 12mths, she has nosedived

i know i dont like her anyways, arrogant little cnut she is. been inbad form head doesnt seem right to me, seen a few of her ecent games. i did look at backing yin-ying last night but never puller the trigger!

:eek:b
    i know i dont like her anyways, arrogant little cnut she is. been inbad form head doesnt seem right to me, seen a few of her ecent games. i did look at backing yin-ying last night but never puller the trigger!

Bit harsh:D

gone with
    ying-ying @3.4 to win thee 2nd sset

Adding Pascezk to win odds of 2.3

hmm..
    Pascezk well beaten.

:eek:b

Bit harsh:D

gone with
    ying-ying @3.4 to win thee 2nd sset

WIN lovely, get y-in-g there

Halep put paid to my acca as well!

Halep put paid to my acca as well!

This is the 2nd time she has done that to me, actually stakovsky let me down too:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement