Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennis Tips

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭BQQ

BQQ wrote: »
    Alize Cornet is 7/4 with Boyles to beat Ana Konjuh despite being the higher ranked player.
    She beat Serena here last year before losing to Bouchard in the 4th round, so she's useful enough on grass.

Konjuh is fav based on winning at Nottingham recently, but she only had to beat one seeded player on the way and that was Casey Dellacqua.

7/4 Cornet looks too big.

6-2 6-2
    Easy money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

For 2moro's fun and games i've gone for 100 on nishikori, dimitrov,raonic,isner,safarova,stephens,mladonovic,bencic to win 400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭suave.4u

BQQ wrote: »
    6-2 6-2
    Easy money :D

Thank dude.I too put in some cash after your advise..cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Looking at overs games in Gulbis/Rosol tomorrow 4/5 38.5 games.

LOSS 35 games. Gulbis having a terrible year. Had so much potential.

Also found an interesting market in Tsonga/Muller match. Score after 6 games 3-3 8/13. WIN. Same in Berdych/Chardy game 10/11. LOSS

Chardy +2.5 sets 1/1. Karlovic beat berdych recently. WIN

Not 'get rich' prices so looking for a few value bets.

Slight profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Might look at Jarkko to put up some sort of opposition against Djokovic later.Putting his all into his last few games on the tour much like Hewitt who he had a titanic battle with the other day.I might back him to steal a set if he can show some energy early on.

A Zverev 11/10

bradlente wrote: »
    Might look at Jarkko to put up some sort of opposition against Djokovic later.Putting his all into his last few games on the tour much like Hewitt who he had a titanic battle with the other day.I might back him to steal a set if he can show some energy early on.

I'd be wary. That match would have wrecked him. Under/Over games 27.5, very tight.

I'd be wary. That match would have wrecked him. Under/Over games 27.5, very tight.

Yeah I'll judge his rhythm early on,if he loses a break early but he's putting some shots together I'll take a silly price on the handicap.

re:Zverev,I wish some books would start putting up odds on him for the majors,I know he's probably miles away still but it wouldn't be surprising to see him come out of nowhere much like Janowicz did a few years ago but maintain some decent form afterwards unlike Jano.
    If he wins today he'll Join Murray,Djokovic,Cilic,Tomic and Kyrgios in the group of players that in their teens made the 3rd round at Wimbledon.

Yeah I'll judge his rhythm early on,if he loses a break early but he's putting some shots together I'll take a silly price on the handicap.

re:Zverev,I wish some books would start putting up odds on him for the majors,I know he's probably miles away still but it wouldn't be surprising to see him come out of nowhere much like Janowicz did a few years ago but maintain some decent form afterwards unlike Jano.
    If he wins today he'll Join Murray,Djokovic,Cilic,Tomic and Kyrgios in the group of players that in their teens made the 3rd round at Wimbledon.

Yeah, coming on well. You'd have to email the bookies for them prices. Zverev beat Djokovic last week. Only a Mickey Mouse tournament but Djoker was giving plenty. Beat Bellucci, Kukushkin and Niemenen recently also. Took Karlovic to 3 sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Going Coco Vandeweghe at 2/1. I wasn't impressed with Pliskova in her first match and just going to take a chance at Coco at the price.

Yeah, coming on well. You'd have to email the bookies for them prices. Zverev beat Djokovic last week. Only a Mickey Mouse tournament but Djoker was giving plenty. Beat Bellucci, Kukushkin and Niemenen recently also. Took Karlovic to 3 sets.

He's on the exchanges for this actually,1000/1.What the hell,I won't let cents get in the way of a good story:pac:

Poor Jarko, had to play Djokovic at the french open first round as well.
    Grand slam, give him a break!!

Didn't get on him after,wasn't paying attention and when I tuned in he was 3-1 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Going Coco Vandeweghe at 2/1. I wasn't impressed with Pliskova in her first match and just going to take a chance at Coco at the price.

To be fair Pliskova actually played well today, her serving was excellent in the first set and the first half of the second. She just fell apart then after going 3-0 up in the 2nd set.

Raging that I got the times of the Watson-Hantuchova match mixed up, I thought it was later. I pretty much back against Hantuchova every match she plays in and Watson was a fairly tasty 2/1!!

He's on the exchanges for this actually,1000/1.What the hell,I won't let cents get in the way of a good story:pac:

That was quick:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Live play

Ostapenko to win vs Mladenovic odds 4.0

shamrock55 wrote: »
    For 2moro's fun and games i've gone for 100 on nishikori, dimitrov,raonic,isner,safarova,stephens,mladonovic,bencic to win 400

Thanks to all the above,although i only got 350 cos nishi game was void:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

Thanks to all the above,although i only got 350 cos nishi game was void:D

fair play, do u use 365? they have a bonus acca promo

To keep me interested 2moro i've gone for 50 on troicki, berdch,lopez,groth,vesely,monfils,seppi,agut,radwanska to win 350

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Groth it is :) perhaps he'll shake up Fed too, got at x81 to be Quarter4 Winner

Sock tweeted a pic of his hand earlier, said he fractured his finger during the match! Groth has a great chance to win the 2nd round now, hope he does. Fed will destroy him thou, believe me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Pospisl to beat Fognini, not bad odds at all imo. I'd have Pospisl as fav, he's a better grass player imo. He's 2.25 or so to win.

Fognini is by far the more talented of the two but he struggles on grass and has his world renowned attitude problems.

Anyone fancy ying ying today 13/8

Anyone fancy ying ying today 13/8

Maria should win strong serve.. Bouchard was playing with a shoulder injury

Govorstova to win over cornet odds 2.2

Paire to win odds 3.5

Small on Paire 3-1 set betting odds 9.0

Cepelova to win a set odds 1.8

Lucic barroni to win odds 2.7

Last play.. James ward to win the 1st set odds 6/4

Either a winning day or a big massive burial day

Today was not a good day:(

Today was not a good day:(

Why what were ur plays?

• Advertisement

mrdmb wrote: »
    Why what were ur plays?

The ones that lost:D too many to mention

Govorstova to win over cornet odds 2.2 :)
    Paire to win odds 3.5

Small on Paire 3-1 set betting odds 9.0 :(

was busy didnt see the result till late..should have cashed out when Paire was 2 sets up
    Cepelova to win a set odds 1.8 :(

What was I thinking....never trust her again
    Lucic barroni to win odds 2.7 :(
    Last play.. James ward to win the 1st set odds 6/4

Either a winning day or a big massive burial day :)

2 winners with Govorstova and Ward 1st set..but a positive day over all as the odds on them were good..Had Ivo to win...just won now.....SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BROWN...!

Thoughts on Kyrgios....VS.....Raonic....2moro..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sam Groth, the world's fastest(server) still available on the markets at x 501 ew
    With Nadal out today, if Fed is off form on Sat (unlikely), perhaps anything is possible.
    Weather for rest of July to settle down at mid-20's so back to normal playing conditions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Sam Groth, the world's fastest(server) still available on the markets at x 501 ew
    With Nadal out today, if Fed is off form on Sat (unlikely), perhaps anything is possible.
    Weather for rest of July to settle down at mid-20's so back to normal playing conditions...

he's that price for a reason. he is 27 years old and has amassed 0 singles titles. he certainly won't be adding to that at wimbledon. federer will make short work of him the next day in 3 or max 4 sets.

Today was a bad day for me as well.
    Biggest loss -> Jiri Vesely and kuznetzova :(. She was playing so well in the first set!!

was busy didnt see the result till late..should have cashed out when Paire was 2 sets up

One word: GREED :).
    greed and gambling go together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

ianburke wrote: »
    he's that price for a reason. he is 27 years old and has amassed 0 singles titles. he certainly won't be adding to that at wimbledon. federer will make short work of him the next day in 3 or max 4 sets.

Perhaps so, similar can be said for Dusty B (100/1) ATP#72 (2014), whom beat Nadal today. Groth is ATP#66 (June 2015).

Very unlikely for sure, would still settle for the placed position, and thus x250 return as the wild card add-on selection on the aul safe Accums' anyway - if there is the random chance of making towards the final. Price now is still jumping lots between x200-500.

The post-heatwave weather will settle things down, so surprises and random performances much less likely. Injuries and cognative issues always a factor. Though maybe that chap in Aberdeen had the right idea after all putting his oil money on Murraymints.

Hard to see past Serena x2.5 for the ladies, who wins even with the flu. Kvitova possibly but price too short at only x3.5.

Verdasco to win a set versus Wawa. Odds 8/13

will krygos win a set atleast against raonic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Can anybody put me off Wawrinka, Anderson or Aza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Stosur to beat Vandeweghe @ 2.32

suave.4u wrote: »
    will krygos win a set atleast against raonic?

Am reading now that he may be having an injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Double i fancy today is gasquet and isner @ 4.84

Tempted to through in Kyrgios to make it 13.3

Well its win or bust time, im putting 200 to win 1200 on anderson , raonic, cilic, warinka,and bencic

Well its win or bust time, im putting 200 to win 1200 on anderson , raonic, cilic, warinka,and bencic

Cilic is risky

• Advertisement

Cilic is risky

He is but arent they all:D, he has a great record against isner though, both strong serves but ijust think cilic has a better overall game

He is but arent they all:D, he has a great record against isner though, both strong serves but ijust think cilic has a better overall game

Cilic struggled against Berankis.. Who has no weapons at all

Where is moneymad by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Cilic has been poor recently but Isner hasnt been up to much either really. Ive backed isner in that one though

Very tight match up. Think Cilic is the better player but wouldn't touch it. Overs games maybe or couple of tie breaks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement