Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Tips

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ive gone for 3 sets in donskoy match @ 13/10
    Also dustin brown @ 1.83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Anyone else think Mahut should be much shorter than 1.5, more like 1.3 or so!??

He's been having a great season, made the french open doubles final, won two 250 events on grass, made semi's in Metz last month and an won an indoor challenger event last week in France, beating De Schepper in the final, a much more tallented big server than Berrer is. He'll have the crowd behind him again this week. Berrer is long past his best, done well to make the final but Nico should be motivated and seems to do alright under the spotlight.

Anyone been watching the WorldTourFinals. Hit a 4/1 shot on Dodig/Melo beating the Bryans today, pretty happy with that :) Had Wawa to beat Berdy on the opening day at 11/10 as well. Been having a good comp so far, don't see much I fancy tomorrow thou, Nadal will probably destroy wawa but odds are fairly low, if you can get 1.4 in play I'd probably lump..

Ferrer looks knackered, but Berdy's playing like a man who doesn't give a crap, probably just using the comp as a warmup for the davis cup. So I might be going big on Ferrer in play..

Any opinions appreciated? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Anyone been watching the WorldTourFinals. Hit a 4/1 shot on Dodig/Melo beating the Bryans today, pretty happy with that :) Had Wawa to beat Berdy on the opening day at 11/10 as well. Been having a good comp so far, don't see much I fancy tomorrow thou, Nadal will probably destroy wawa but odds are fairly low, if you can get 1.4 in play I'd probably lump..

Ferrer looks knackered, but Berdy's playing like a man who doesn't give a crap, probably just using the comp as a warmup for the davis cup. So I might be going big on Ferrer in play..

Any opinions appreciated? :D

On Ferrer myself. Berdych has talent, but doesn't seem to have the 'want' to succeed against the top players. After the beating by Wawrinka he knows that his chances of winning any games in this competition now are slim.

I took Wawa +1.5 sets pre match, sickened with his inability under pressure.

• Advertisement

I took Wawa +1.5 sets pre match, sickened with his inability under pressure.

For the record I'm aware of the stats, but this court suited the possibility perfectly imo, and Rafa's not firing at 100% just yet. Stan missed so many bloody chances and made so many errors in big moments it's ridiculous.

He's so amazing when under no pressure, I hate seeing how he always invariably fails when it matters most. Saying that, he's obviously slowley getting there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Been playing mostly challengers only plays where players are consistent,,,

trying to avoid the atp tour final a bit cuz it can be very tight as every player can get HOT at any time and either win or ends up in a close match..........

Nadal...vs Fed

Fed to win at least one set (ie set handicap) at 1.8

@mrdmb or anyone else! I see James Mc Gee is playing Tuesday morning around 01:00 against Di Wu. Any thoughts on this. I would have had Wu as a bigger favourite that 8/13, and am considering a serious splurge at the price.

Seems to be on a run this past month or two. However Mc Gee has recently beaten Blaz Kavcic but nobody else of real note. Thoughts?

@mrdmb or anyone else! I see James Mc Gee is playing Tuesday morning around 01:00 against Di Wu. Any thoughts on this. I would have had Wu as a bigger favourite that 8/13, and am considering a serious splurge at the price.

Seems to be on a run this past month or two. However Mc Gee has recently beaten Blaz Kavcic but nobody else of real note. Thoughts?

Tough to call i guess...Wu is definitely having a better year than Mc gee..he is younger and his fav surface is hard...they met before on clay and Mc gee won 2-0 but Wu record on clay is poor with very few matches played..

Mc gee played well recently in Korea same as Wu...Mc Gee lost to Daniel in the semis (whom i personally think had some gambling mafia backing him up in that challenger esp as everyone was talking about his game against ZHeng and how it ended..!!! )..Mc gee lost to him in a tough tie break in the end..

Wu lost to Klahn in the semis who is in top form anyhow..

I guess Wu can take it but it will be a tough game..odds around 1.72 for WU to win...an 2.05 to 2.15 for Mc gee to win..

• Advertisement

mrdmb wrote: »
    Tough to call i guess...Wu is definitely having a better year than Mc gee..he is younger and his fav surface is hard...they met before on clay and Mc gee won 2-0 but Wu record on clay is poor with very few matches played..

Mc gee played well recently in Korea same as Wu...Mc Gee lost to Daniel in the semis (whom i personally think had some gambling mafia backing him up in that challenger esp as everyone was talking about his game against ZHeng and how it ended..!!! )..Mc gee lost to him in a tough tie break in the end..

Wu lost to Klahn in the semis who is in top form anyhow..

I guess Wu can take it but it will be a tough game..odds around 1.72 for WU to win...an 2.05 to 2.15 for Mc gee to win..
    Cheers. I see Wu also took a set off Isner a couple of months ago. Ill decide tomorrow.

Cheers. I see Wu also took a set off Isner a couple of months ago. Ill decide tomorrow.

true...that event was in China though..i dont trust results in china....

Looking to post a few tips here to keep my record and organize my plays as i want to focus on tennis instead of soccer..!

few interesting games tmoro in the challenger but most of the odds havent been released yet..

first thoughts on Golubev Vs Ilhan in the Helsinki challenger.....ILHAN is horrible on indoors...Golubev will win...if the odds around 1.4 for Golubev will take it...otherwise will play 2-0 Golubev.

a morning play in Qualification for Yokohoma is

Kondo Hiroki Jpn vs Chung Hyeon Korea. 1.9 vs 1..83....the jap is 31 yrs versus the youngster from Korea with the glasses who is 17 yrs of age and who did well in ITF tennis....its experience versus age...odds on the Korean started at 2.1 and now 1,83...can see him winning it..small stake..

mrdmb wrote: »
    Looking to post a few tips here to keep my record and organize my plays as i want to focus on tennis instead of soccer..!

few interesting games tmoro in the challenger but most of the odds havent been released yet..

first thoughts on Golubev Vs Ilhan in the Helsinki challenger.....ILHAN is horrible on indoors...Golubev will win...if the odds around 1.4 for Golubev will take it...otherwise will play 2-0 Golubev.

a morning play in Qualification for Yokohoma is

Kondo Hiroki Jpn vs Chung Hyeon Korea. 1.9 vs 1..83....the jap is 31 yrs versus the youngster from Korea with the glasses who is 17 yrs of age and who did well in ITF tennis....its experience versus age...odds on the Korean started at 2.1 and now 1,83...can see him winning it..small stake..

The Korean won. :)
    2nd tip is golubev to win starting at 12 odds 1.44 to 1.5

Is the Wu/McGee game indoors or outdoors, I'm pretty sure Wu has a pretty crap indoors record. James barely ever beats people who are ranked much higher than him, he usually ****s himself and looses narrowly unless they throw the match but he's been very consistent in bating people who he should which is why he's at a career high rank now.

Saying that this is his best season ever by far and it's his last competition so might raise his game again. Tis worth checking how many points Wu has to defend and stuff.

I like that Ilhan bet, he's horrible indoors.

Is the Wu/McGee game indoors or outdoors, I'm pretty sure Wu has a pretty crap indoors record. James barely ever beats people who are ranked much higher than him, he usually ****s himself and looses narrowly unless they throw the match but he's been very consistent in bating people who he should which is why he's at a career high rank now.

Saying that this is his best season ever by far and it's his last competition so might raise his game again. Tis worth checking how many points Wu has to defend and stuff.

Ilhan won the match!! Golubev was 5-1 up in the 1st and managed to lost 2-0. Strange. Yeah think ill leave the Wu match. Don't like backing against the Irishman either, so i hope he wins, but i still think Wu will take it.

Yeah Golubev is a ****ing cheater...he was up 5-1...anyhow thats part of gambling..!

the final today..

all in DJOKKER win....odds 1.57....

live bet

Maximilian Neuchrist vs Austin Krajicek

Neuchrist 1st set winner at 1.83

record since yesterday..

1-1-0

2 plays pending ..

• Advertisement

the match is hard court outdoor...Du wu record this year is 18-11 hard and 4-3 indoor hard.

can someone explain to me in the same event in the match between
    Germain Gigounon vs Borna Coric odds 2 vs 1.72...how come COric is the favourite here...Gigounon is having a great recent run...while i cant find any good record of the other player..

i'll be playing Gigounon and am confident he will win..very good odds..!

i can understand why COric is the Fav here....because he won the US open Junior level this year..he is 17 yrs..

Djokerrr. wins easily..

record 2-2-0....since yesterday...

next play as stated above.

Gigounon to win at 2.00..........BOL

Wu wins in 3 sets. Hadn't the liathroidi to pull the trigger. Onwards and upwards.

I watched the match because I was bored at work, McGee didn't look very bothered, but totally outplayed Wu on the occasions that he did try. Look out for him next year I think he'll break into the top 150 or so. Very rarely loses to anyone when he's favourite, and generally pushes people when he's underdog. Been a good man for overs bets this year in general, he makes a meal of everything :D

Gigounon lost unexpectedly..........record 2-3-0

Fabricio Neis vs Guillermo Duran

live bet...Neis to win. at 2.20

another loss..!

recent record 2-4-0...w-l-v

Jack sock vs T Sandgren.

Sandgren to win at 2.37....

• Advertisement