Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the Week #118 18/08/2012 - 24/08/2012

• 22-09-2012 11:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

POTW goes to 11811 for this Seascape. The title is clever.
    7846313400_04a1ba6c4e_z.jpg

The ever changing moods of the Irish Summer

Honourable Mentions

Balfey1972
    p625798583-4.jpg

snowyeoghan
    7817717878_119456c9ee_c.jpg

Adrian.Sadlier
    7E304F4A05F64912A5F88667974BE445-0000315935-0002976617-00800L-4631151BE14D4C37AAC41E60C1D7D71A.jpg

Kenny_D
    7815924870_3380ddbd69_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

Just wow. This is one of those weeks for POTW that surpasses my expectations with all photos involved.

snowyeoghan:

I grew up surfing in Big Sur, CA, and Monterey, Santa Cruz, the whole central coast bit. The real home of CA surfing, including surfing and living with/around (now emeritus) photographers for Surfing and Surfer magazines.

THAT, boyo, is a quality photograph.

** Standing. Clapping **

Repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Thanks all! Some stunning photos go up here every week, I'm rather chuffed to get a POTW and also with such good company. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

awesome work. love them all! good work lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Another bridesmaid job - but not suprising considering the stunning shots! I love Kenny_D's shot - I defy anyone to look at it and not smile.

I think I might have to take up landscape photography - looking out to sea, that is :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭snowyeoghan

Delighted I made honorable mentions.

Thanks for the compliment Mjollnir! With winter around the corner, hopefully I'll get the chance to repeat, and also improve.

Well done all - great photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love Kenny's as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Amazing stuff from everyone!

snowyeoghan, how was your image captured? Where were you standing etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ah., how good are these eh folks. well done everyone. wonderful work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭snowyeoghan

t1mm wrote: »
    snowyeoghan, how was your image captured? Where were you standing etc?

It was about 7 foot deep at that point. It's a beach break, it may not look it, but it's a powerful enough wave - it landed right on my head and ate it.

This particular shot: 7d, tokina fisheye, spl water housing (www.splwaterhousings.com)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Wow, first shot I've had to make it in here, thanks all and well done to everyone else, great shots again. Those 4 little cuties are my cousins kids, lots of fun to take pics of. haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement