Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slugs at night in the kitchen.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Fuinseog wrote: »
    Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    How do they get in the house,and what exactly are they hoping to find?

leave out a bit of beer for them
    Would u waste precious beer on a poxy slug?
    Oh wait it's genius
    When they get pissed drunk u can sneak up on them and take their wallets and phone an house keys then break into their house and piss on their kitchen floor
    Take that you slimy bas**rds

Jesus, where do some of you people live?? Slugs in the kitchen???:eek:

never had slugs in my kitchen. got loads of them outside, but indoors??

uuughh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The wet summer means they bred like fcuk, been finding them in the kitchen, even with beer traps outside and trying to make sure all the gaps in the walls are filled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I was outside doing some gardening during the summer. I picked up my gardening gloves off the windowsill and put one on. Yanked my hand out because the ****ing glove was full of slimy slugs and I had just shoved my hand into the lot of them. Ughhhhh

I used to have these guests many years ago in a flat I rented. They can squeeze under the door at night. The only thing that works is to feed them beer, but you'll have to get rid of the bodies in the morning.

Leave out a low margarine or butter tub of beer for them. They love it, so much that they'll drink themselves unconscious and drown in the stuff. (seriously!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Mickey H wrote: »
    Quick question: What's a "gat"?

One of these we used to make them as kids, we called them gats...but slingshots seems to be the correct term :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Jake1 wrote: »
    Jesus, where do some of you people live?? Slugs in the kitchen???:eek:

never had slugs in my kitchen. got loads of them outside, but indoors??

uuughh!

Yeah it's rank! I think my patio door is warped so that's how they're getting in.I have timber decking that leads right up to the doors and the feckers seem to be having midnight conventions on it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Found one of the feckers eating a cactus the other night! Could see the green of it through his skin. He got a sprinkle of salt for his troubles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Slugs eat fecking anything, they are known to love muching on some of the worlds hottest chillis .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Slugs indoors usually means you live in an old damp house with lots of crevices they need to hide in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

We had problems with these last summer so I did some research on controlling them. Salt yeah-til it rains next time. Copper strips work to but can be time consuming to lay everywhere. But they cant actually pass over sharp objects.

The following clip explains a short synopsis of how to solve it.

Made a hell of a mess in the kitchen but no more slugs on the tiles after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Orrid

Free range chickens! Hens love slugs. Leave the hens loose in the garden and let them slug it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Slug gauntlet is the only solution.

http://i.imgur.com/upUL7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Would u waste precious beer on a poxy slug?
    Oh wait it's genius
    When they get pissed drunk u can sneak up on them and take their wallets and phone an house keys then break into their house and piss on their kitchen floor
    Take that you slimy bas**rds

beer kills slugs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
Advertisement