Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In Defence of Hipsters.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Can't think of anything.

I'm still not sure what one is.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Zuckerkorn wrote: »
    But,

Nazis > Hipsters

Well they were snappier dressers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Ah ye'd all be hipsters if ye could, just jealous and unable to fit into the skinny jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Zuckerkorn wrote: »
    But,

Nazis > Hipsters

'twould appear not, more hipsters=nazis : http://hipsterhitler.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Well they were snappier dressers.

true, you can say what you like about the nazis but they had damn good style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Real Life wrote: »
    true, you can say what you like about the nazis but they had damn good style
    Hugo Boss was doing well for himself anyway.

Also: thread Godwin'd at 48 posts. Not bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

ArtyM wrote: »

That pic has to be shown on this thread, what an absolute quirky wanker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Pottler wrote: »
    Ah ye'd all be hipsters if ye could, just jealous and unable to fit into the skinny jeans.

Why, oh why, would I be jealous of 'men' with scrawny chicken legs and obviously miniscule genitalia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Why, oh why, would I be jealous of 'men' with scrawny chicken legs and obviously miniscule genitalia?

If you're looking that close the question you should be asking is why are you attracted to "men" in skinny jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Grayson wrote: »
    If you're looking that close the question you should be asking is why are you attracted to "men" in skinny jeans.

He never said he was looking 'that close'. Nor did he say he was attracted to them.

As a female, the last type of man I would be attracted to would be one wearing skinny jeans. I have nothing against those who do, I just consider them likely to be gay, and so they wouldn't even register on my radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

As annoying as they are theyre pretty harmless....never seen a hipster start a fight or smash a bottle in someones face.

Anyone notice more and more and skangers are getting into the hipster thing? river island and the likes all stock the clothes now so theyve all jumped on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

This topic with the exact same thread title was discussed many moons ago on another Irish Forum.

Into hipster bashing long before it was cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

weemcd wrote: »
    That pic has to be shown on this thread, what an absolute quirky wanker

I kind of figured it was set up to take the piss. If that's real, my god ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

df1985 wrote: »
    As annoying as they are theyre pretty harmless....never seen a hipster start a fight or smash a bottle in someones face.

No - but hipsters will often defend people who start fights and smash bottles in others' faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Most of the "Hipsters" i have met are lovely people, not at all pretentious, most of them are just regular people who like a certain type of clothes. In fact my best mate is a fashion design student, the clothes she makes and wears are bizarre and most people would probably think she is a hipster. It annoys me the abuse she gets off strangers in the street, even in more liberal cities like London and Amsterdam she has had people come over to her and take the piss out of her to her face just for wearing clothes that are different. She always ignores them but i have lost my temper with people a few times. In fact i couldn't dress like that even if i wanted to because i would spend the whole day fighting with assh0les.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Someone I know and their fiancee has this hipster game, where they award points for different "hipster" things, like;
    Ridiculous jumper - 5 points
    One speed bike - 15 points
    Pointy shoes - 10 points
    "Retro" items (polaroid camera, walkman, discman etc.) - 20 points
    Big glasses - 10 points.

Whoever got the highest score per individual won. It's a ridiculously high scoring game in some areas of London.

I'll try and defend hipsters - some music that would be considered "hipster" (a lot of synth) isn't half bad..

And even those that look ludicrously hipster can produce some excellent music -

Apart from that, they're all idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What's with all these 'In Defence Of........' threads anyhow?

Fcuk 'em I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

'twould appear not, more hipsters=nazis : http://hipsterhitler.com/

I was into hipster hitler before Stalingrad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

1210m5g wrote: »
    Most of the "Hipsters" i have met are lovely people, not at all pretentious, most of them are just regular people who like a certain type of clothes. In fact my best mate is a fashion design student, the clothes she makes and wears are bizarre and most people would probably think she is a hipster. It annoys me the abuse she gets off strangers in the street, even in more liberal cities like London and Amsterdam she has had people come over to her and take the piss out of her to her face just for wearing clothes that are different. She always ignores them but i have lost my temper with people a few times. In fact i couldn't dress like that even if i wanted to because i would spend the whole day fighting with assh0les.

i get this a lot too. i wouldnt consider myself a hipster but ive often been called that. Ive had people shout at me from across the street even just cos of my hair of the clothes i have on. Its pretty rediculous, i dont see why it should bother anyone else what im wearing.

Advertisement