Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby wetsuit??!!??

Options
  • 23-09-2012 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good warm baby wetsuit. i brought C swimming for the first time today and she LOVED it but the poor child was frozen!!!

If anyone has one they are no longer using id happily buy it off you too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

You can get them in mothercare or amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007JKDZME

This is the type we use for our son and have used one since 3 months.

Bear in mind 25-30 mins in a pool for a baby is the same as an hour for an adult and after that they get cold and cranky. Even our son who adores the water gets fed up after 30 mins and he's 20 months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i got an excellent one in heatons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Can anyone recommend a good warm baby wetsuit. i brought C swimming for the first time today and she LOVED it but the poor child was frozen!!!

If anyone has one they are no longer using id happily buy it off you too...

We used a babywarma from Konfidence. Found it brilliant. I think their products are great. Bought a float suit for the little one this summer as she is now 18 months & it was also brilliant. I have the babywarma here if you want it. I'm in Laois if you want to pick it up or you could send me an SAE jiffy bag & I'll post it to you. It's pink though & I'm not sure if your baby is boy or girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Veryhappy h

Actually found one in penneys, of all places. The named brands were useless. This is like the same material as the irfu climate guards. It cost 9.99.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Actually found one in penneys, of all places. The named brands were useless. This is like the same material as the irfu climate guards. It cost 9.99.

Did you buy one recently, or was it only a summertime thing? I'm looking for one too, and 10 euro is just my budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I started swimming lessons with my 9 month old a few weeks ago and got one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Splash-About-neoprene-Baby-wetsuit/dp/B000LQ9T64/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348431546&sr=8-2

The lessons are in a pool that is warmer than a normal swimming pool though and I've only used it once so far but I would recommend it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I normally use this ebay store for wet suits.

http://stores.ebay.ie/Mikes-Diving?_rdc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I've used one of these on my two:

wrap_yellow.jpg.
    Keep babs warm and very easy to get them into and out of - v important when you're trying to get them dressed quickly. They have them on ebay.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got the little jacket with the floats, but then wanted something to cover baby's arms to keep warm so I got a neoprene one from amazon rather than the lycra ones that shield from the sun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement