Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigrate to Canada - Advice !

• 23-09-2012 5:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Well guys, hope somebody can give some advice.

I am wanting to emigrate to Canada with a view to working and living there permanently. I have some family there and was over to visit them recently, my first time in the country and there is a lot of work available and a good life,

have a couple questions,

Is it possible to get a work permit without having a job offer first ? sounds silly but some guys i talked to over there gave me mixed info, some got there and then got jobs, some had jobs and went over to them . . . .. where as the CA websites all state you must have a job offer with your application.

Does anyone have any names of recruitment agencies who are good with finding immigrants work. ? or know of any work available right now.

Id go in the morning. :)

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you're under 35 you can get 2 years of work permits in canada through the IEC scheme. it's probably the best way to get yourself acquainted with the country, find work, and ultimately get yourself sponsored to stay for good

• Registered Users Posts: 19 slaine27

Thanks Helix, i was just reading through that scheme this evening, came across it and ill have a look at it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trojanshorse

If you have family over there who are Canadian citizens then you can get them to sponsor you. If you come over on the under 35 visa IEC, which last one year and you can only get 2. Should you get a job then ask you employer to sponsor you under the LMO and if they will you will be sorted. If your here over 2 years you can apply for perminent residency....

Advertisement