Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Taiwan

• 23-09-2012 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone travelled to Taiwan from China? I'm hoping to go there afterwards but flights seem to be around 1500rmb (2 weeks in advance) from Guilin, I've heard the ferry is quite cheap but I'm unsure where to go from and how easy it might be for a lone traveller with no Chinese whatsoever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Im also interested in this. But flights from Ireland are super expensive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I'd say taiwan is even more 'foreigner friendly', just from my personal experience. Taipei is a great city <3

I'd suggest go with flight for the ease of travelling (and since you are alone anyway), pretty boring to travel alone on long hours ferry imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Heading there in May for a few days. Looking forward to gorging myself on all the delicious food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I was looking at flights for September, and they were coming in at about €750 which is pretty cheap imo. Seeing as the last time I checked they were €1000+.

Although I probably wont be able to afford going this year, I was thinking of going sometime and spending about 1.5 - 2 weeks touring the island, plenty of hiking, mountains, and cultural attractions. I was then thinking of taking a short flight up to Okinawa and spending 3-5 days there. Although, it would add quite a bit extra onto the costs.

• How long is enough to spend in Taiwan to see the main stuff and get in a fair bit of hiking?
    • Which airlines do you recommend going with? Malaysian airlines and the 2 chinese airlines seem to be the cheapest, but from what I hear the service isnt great. EVA airlines sound nice but are expensive.
    • What time of the year is best to go in terms of weather?

Advertisement