Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison on the late late

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Yeah, but it's the old photos, the one's she shot for the non-US version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Playboy paid lindsay lohan who is one of the biggest household names in America and generates a ton of publicity $1 million. So I cant imagine Rosanna got any more than $75,000 max. She isnt a household name. However she does look what Americans consider attractive ( something most brits could never pull off) so she could do very well for herself. The most ridiculous people get reality shows in America, so she could one as Americans love rich on TV.

True, ridiculous people do get their own shows...but the thing is, most of them, in some way, are interesting. Watch Davison in an interview some time...she is so boring and bland, who would watch a half hour/ hour long show with her in it? Remember when Victoria Beckham tried to launch a reality show in the US? The show was so boring, that the network cut their losses and edited it down into a one hour show, shown as a once off. (Apparently, Beckham had convinced the network she could get them some famous folks to appear, claiming she was friends with them. Nobody turned up.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Christ! she's a good looking girl, took her clothes off for a mag.......

She's not running as a finalist in mastermind so why knock her for intelligence etc? You go to the greengrocer, you don't expect him/her to be an expert in some other profession and go slagging them off to everyone else because he/she isn't.

She does what she does because people like looking at her, simples! Seems to me a lot of those knocking her and saying she should give it up are the very ones who then go on to quote various shows she's been on, comments she's made etc..... don't you get it? you've obviously followed enough of her career to be able to make these comments....... you are part of her target audience!

Admit it or not, the fact you feel compelled to make a comment good or bad about the girl, you are interested in her to some degree..... her publicity machine is working either way.

She's rather dangerous, yes, dangerous, because she is now claiming she is a 'nutritionist', but anyone, and I mean anyone, can register as a nutritionist, and go unregulated, since they do not follow the same criteria that a qualified Dietician must follow. Ben Goldacre, for example, was able to get his cat registered as a nutritionist by paying 60 pounds sterling to the same facility that registered renowned quack hack Gillian McKeith.
    So why am I saying she is dangerous? Well, she is telling folks not to eat dairy because, she claims, it causes cancer. Yet the science, something nutritionists don't use(Dieticians do, since they are academically and scientifically recognised), says the complete and exact opposite. All studies point to dairy, and milk, being incredibly beneficial.
    The study Davison bases her 'opinions' on is so half-thought-out that one would laugh at someone if they produced it in a scientific arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

Although Rosanna D. will appear in the September issue of US Playboy, she will not be its "Playmate of the Month". The centre-fold attraction will be Bryiana Noelle, a brunette, who presumably supplied more than the "implied nudity" offered by the former Miss World in her Mauritius shoot, which is being re-cycled for a wider audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

The other news outlets I have looked at say that it is about half that, and nowhere near 1 million dollars.
    But then again, Davison often comes out with some hilarious 'white lies', that can easily be refuted with some investigation. (her claims that dairy causes cancer is based on a study that is so [EMAIL="half-@$$ed"]half-@$$ed[/EMAIL] that it would make one blush to even admit they based their research on it, since it has been easily refuted by more intrinsic research.)

Like running the Mini Marathon last year?

:D

Yeah, but it's the old photos, the one's she shot for the non-US version.
    Smart lady to make two paydays out of one piece of work, it must be said.

vitani wrote: »
    Like running the Mini Marathon last year?

:D

Exactly. :)

Rosie's pictorial in the latest edition of US Playboy is titled "A Portrait of the Artist (as a young woman)."

It begins: "Considering its size, Ireland has unleashed an uncanny number of great talents upon the world. While we love Joyce and Beckett, there's something instantly mesmerizing about Rosanna Davison. The dashing Dubliner studied art...." etc.

You can imagine the rest. Images are the same as for the German edition shoot last year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

So is she over there....pulling in a million quid.....i doubt it.......

marbless wrote: »
    Rosie's pictorial in the latest edition of US Playboy is titled "A Portrait of the Artist (as a young woman)."

It begins: "Considering its size, Ireland has unleashed an uncanny number of great talents upon the world. While we love Joyce and Beckett, there's something instantly mesmerizing about Rosanna Davison. The dashing Dubliner studied art...." etc.

You can imagine the rest. Images are the same as for the German edition shoot last year.

Earning a million quid....maybe she bent the truth and is actually pulling in a million pennies instead.

She's a bit haphazard with the truth, as we all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

marbless wrote: »
    sister of Cian O'Connor (Olympic medalist)
    While we're clarifying, Rosanna Davison is....... 'who' exactly?

I don't get out much...

:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 TheFranchise

Anyone got a link to the pics? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

not worth the link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 TheFranchise

Zulu wrote: »
    not worth the link.

Let me decide for myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Just in case anyone was serious,
    No links to adult material. Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Thats like three full stops in a row. Serious bidsness.

Did anyone see the TV3 news yesterday? They had this report about high cholesterol, featuring Rosanna Davison, and instead of talking to the 'qualified' nutritionist Rosanna Davison, they got an actual, qualified Dietician and spoke to her about high cholesterol.

Meanwhile Davison was left standing in the background, trying to look pretty, and nobody spoke to her...:D
    I dunno, it may have just been me, but I found this whole video rather hilarious for that reason.

http://www.tv3.ie/news_sub_page.php?video_id=67781&locID=1.2.883

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭Judge Roy Bean

Did anyone see the TV3 news yesterday? They had this report about high cholesterol, featuring Rosanna Davison, and instead of talking to the 'qualified' nutritionist Rosanna Davison, they got an actual, qualified Dietician and spoke to her about high cholesterol.

Meanwhile Davison was left standing in the background, trying to look pretty, and nobody spoke to her...:D
    I dunno, it may have just been me, but I found this whole video rather hilarious for that reason.

http://www.tv3.ie/news_sub_page.php?video_id=67781&locID=1.2.883

That's hilarious :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement