Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help in converting to sq yards

• 23-09-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've never worked with yards in my whole life and from what found so far all the bathroom and tiles shops works with square yards. I'm trying to work out an estimate cost of tiles and also the laying but I need my measurements converted from cm to sq yards.
    Also what is the going rate to lay floor ceramic tiles per square yard, so far I was qouted €12 per sq yard (all material supplied)

The following are the areas that I need to covert maybe someone could someone help me convert them into square yards please?.

Area 1) 214cm * 190cm
    Area 2) 125cm * 315cm
    Area 3) 580cm * 430cm
    Area 4) 160cm * 250cm
    Area 5) 240cm * 120cm

rgds
    Zeppi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just convert the measurements to feet (i.e. divide by 30), and multiply to get sq ft; divide by nine for sq yd.
    so above - 7 x 6.5 = 45 sq ft, i.e. 5 sq yds.
    4 x 10.5 - 42, nearly 5 sq yds, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

thanks guys for your help, any one knows what is the going rate to lay floor ceramic tiles per square yard?

prices can vary widly, but then so can the quality. Sister got a guy reasonably priced but you can see lots of flaws in his work. The mother paid through the nose for someone else but his work is faultless.

I would strongly recommend talking to others and getting names and looking at examples of their work

Advertisement