Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultravox are back

Options
  • 23-09-2012 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Ultravox are back and have just begun touring Britain as the start of a world tour. Sadly no Irish dates so far but I have turned my Facebook page into a one man crusade to get them here. Any Vox fans out there who would like to help please add me as a friend on the site and lets start a scream. Cheers.

George Mulcahy

Comments

Unless they play Vienna 14 times, I am not interested

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

went to see em the last time they played here in the olympia, was top class!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭George Mulcahy

Hello Quaidox. Thanks for the reply. I was there too. I have turned my Facebook into a shrine so if you want to send me an add me please do. Met people from all over the world including Maurenn from Texas of all places and the leg that is Steve Voxx who went to see them last night and they were out of this world. Any support made be amazing..Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Not on fb but I would go based on the excellent new album..

Cheers notnumber. It is stunning. I was the first to play it in its entirety on radio here. I never thought it would happen but it has. If I get any news I will let you know. By the way on the live version of the title track Brilliant Warren has a drum solo that from what I have heard is just mindboggling. Keep in touch and start a scream as they say. And please spread the word that The Vox are back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

There was a statement on Midge Ure's (I think) FB page from their booking agent, saying Ireland and Poland were a disaster last time around as the band played to half empty venues.

My heart sank as I desperatley wanted to see them play here.

Not gonna happen.

Hi Poundhound. Yeah I read that too. The problem last time around in the Olympia was that there was absolutely no promotion. I did'nt see a single poster in town and I went looking. The Olympia was just about half full.A friend of mine Andy on Facebook will see Midge tonight. He's got a message from me for Midge that he is going to give him. I know for an absolute fact that the band want to play here and that they are looking for a venue that will about a thousand people. The Olympia is 1,882 so that's a no no. My Facebook is beginning to work and I am amazed that my 2 posts on this thingy have had exactly 200 views in under 20 hours. Ever the the eternal optimist I'll keep at it and you never know.

O.k. I want every Ultravox fan who sees this to add me on facebook. The campaign to get them to play here has now well and truly begun.

George.

Near fm...

Just dawned on me if Dublin and Belfast were half full last time around then just one gig here in either city should do the trick..I would travel to Belfast in a heartbeat..Voila solution..

By the way if you have'nt got the new album Brilliant..Go buy now..It is stunning..

• Advertisement

George, with the current tour due to finish on Nov 5th, when do you hope they'd play Ireland?

If the tickets went on sale today for a show on Nov 6th or 7th, they'd only have 6 weeks to fill a venue.

Don't get me wrong, Im a fan and I'd love to see them here. But the practicalities suggest its not going to happen.

Hi ya Poundhound..I agree..It definitely wo'nt happen before next Febuary or March at the earliest..They really screwed it up last time around by doing two gigs which effectively divided their audience in half..I have just put up a message on my FB to see when this tour ends for definite..All I am is a fan as well..I have been at this since Febuary and it really is like going around in circles..I have a printed e-mail that I sent to a friend of mine Andy who is going to see them tonight and he is going to give it to Midge..What happens next I have no idea but trust me I am not giving up on this..I will keep you posted..

I would love to know why it is that we genuine ULTRAVOX fans who happen to be Irish should have to pay the price for some promoters **** up in dividing one audience in two..Belfast and Dublin was never going to work ever..and because of that we have been left out..It's vile..Seriously vile..Incidently we have'nt got a pot to piss in at minute and perople cannot afford to travel..I have put six months hard graft into this and if it takes another six months well so be it..I promise every fan here I will not and I mean NOT give up..

Poundhound..Just posted by me on fb..Spread the word..Please God it might work..

Sorry for the language..Sorry..

George, posting your desire for a band to play Dublin on Facebook wont achieve anything.

You might as well be shouting out the window.

You should contact some venues (Academy, Vicar St, etc) and find out who the booking agent is. These are the people that can enquire about the bands touring intentions, availability, cost etc.

You can even contact Midge Ure directly on WWW.LIVE8LIVE.ORG

Yeah I know but I have met some incredible fellow fans from all over the world so it's not all doom and gloom. And thanks a mill for that link. I'll try get in touch some time today. Maybe working on the radio here might give me a bit of clout..If I hear anything back I'll let you know asap..

Still not too late for a Dublin gig..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

This means nothing to me.

Oh Vienna..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I'm surprised it took 2 pages for someone to post that. I'd go see 'em if I was in the country.

• Advertisement

You should see my fb Lingua..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm surprised it took 2 pages for someone to post that. I'd go see 'em if I was in the country.

I've been fighting the urge ever time I saw the topic bumped.. thanks for removing the temptation. :pac:

Oh Vienna..

Good news Ihave it on good authority that the band are looking for a venue that fits about 1000 so fingers crossed. Their new set is astonishing and any fans who see this add me on Facebook cos that's where all the work I'm doing to get them here is going on..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Good news Ihave it on good authority that the band are looking for a venue that fits about 1000 so fingers crossed. Their new set is astonishing and any fans who see this add me on Facebook cos that's where all the work I'm doing to get them here is going on..

Would love to go George, any approximate date ?

All I know is that it may happen early next year.The band want it too..What happened last time around was that there was absolutely no promotion whatsoever and by playing Belfast and Dublin split one audience into two. I have put it to them that 1 gig is enough and it does'nt matter either city will do. I work for near fm here and ken bruce beat me to the world premier of Brilliant by 9 minutes. Also I know for a fact that I was the first person on the planet to play the album in it's entirity. I have been working flat out on the promotion since March on Facebook and have met some wonderful people and we have our own community now on it. If you do fb give us a shout. Cheers..

Dublin
    Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Dublin
    Belfast

I think they should play at your house, George, you deserve it.

Advertisement