Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback for SF25 tournament

Options
  • 23-09-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭

Well, AJ is not in the country and it's less than 2 weeks to go but people seem to have picked now to start asking these questions, so fire away. Please keep it here though.

-DooM

AJ, you posted the pricing and timetable five days ago and said it was provisional.

Chunkis makes some valid points.

If I were to play every game on the day, I'd be paying €86 plus travel costs and food.

A singular price point for four+ games and individually for three or less makes sense.

Also, there doesn't appear to be anything booked in the evening until nine. Have you asked if we could have it until eight?

The timetable itself seems okay except for SFxT, which is one of the games with a trip on offer, but is starting at half ten. Could this not be pushed back even an hour to give people from outside Dublin a chance to arrive?

Single elim for non SF25 event games is also a good idea. Could just make the games 3/5 instead of 2/3.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Think it is a bit pricey myself personally.

I was going to enter SFxT and 3S for a laugh orginally but I'm not paying €10 for either of them. I orginally sort of assumed that an all in price for the main competitions would be around the €25 mark.

As it stands I'm just going to enter AE and HDR at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Put up the cost of each tournament on sf25.eu, as well as directions for the exchange if you're looking for new faces. The cost thing, I think its very important that all that is said up front unless you be faced with a crowded place and only a handful of people are playing in the tournaments because the rest didn't have enough cash to enter the tournaments for whatever reason. The directions thing, not a big deal for tech savvy people (I can just look it up on Google Maps) but maybe for others, not knowing where the Exchange is could become a reason for them not to go, especially if they're coming from outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Single elim for non SF25 event games is also a good idea. Could just make the games 3/5 instead of 2/3.

im aware that this tourny is ment to focusing on the games represented by Capcom for the 25th tournament series and therefore these games come first... but as a person who doesnt main any of those games i would be disappointed if my game was cut down to a single elim 3/5 tourny. id feel that it would almost not be worth attending but this is just my opinion.

i hope that there are other ways to make time for the main and side tournies, but if that isnt the case and this scenario is decided i would understand but would be a little bummed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Just throwing my 2 yen in here but obviously I'm not attending, so feel free to ignore.

I personally wouldn't bother running KoF or (gasp!) Skullgirls. Very few people are going to enter either of these. Half that do will probably never have played either game for more than an hour and are just doing so to fill out the brackets a bit. These will be unnecessary and likely unpopular slowdowns in an already busy day.

I'd still bring copies of both for use as casuals if a machine opens up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Agree with dropping kof and skull girls. No point running tourneys for games no one play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Honestly, I'd agree with dropping both KoF and Skull Girls. Frees up time and set-ups. Bit of a no-brainer here, but the best monitors should be reserved for the main event (the qualifier).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd pretty much agree too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Ditto.

I ditto this ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There you go.

Three people who like and play KoF think it should be scrapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sure I'd just beast everyone anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    I ditto this ditto

ani132.gif

Advertisement