Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I just googled "Jimmy Dean sausage pack"! :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

battered sausage anyone?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Posts picture of Lorena Bobbitt*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The woman falling from the plane is very funny. I love that slap dash humour.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Bigus wrote: »
    Graphically talented people all working now instead of on the dole ?

OR maybe they found a better place then boards to hang out:eek:

better than Boards? surely there can't be such a place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Adam and Eve?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

kitten_k wrote: »
    Adam and Eve?

The Bible. Eve was made from Adam's rib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Adam and Eve?

Rib taken from Adam to make Eve(Allegedly), Eve is counting to make sure another wasn't taken to make another woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

What's the car servicing one about??

ken wrote: »
    Rib taken from Adam to make Eve(Allegedly), Eve is counting to make sure another wasn't taken to make another woman.

shur, if he took another one out, there'd be no need for another woman, wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Evade

What's the car servicing one about??
    They're not real car parts so the "honest" mechanic is still scamming the car owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Evade wrote: »
    They're not real car parts so the "honest" mechanic is still scamming the car owner.

Ah right, there i was saying phister bolts over and over waiting for the penny to drop..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Ah right, there i was saying phister bolts over and over waiting for the penny to drop..

Sorry but that's hilarious.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Phister bolts sounds like it should be some sort of innuendo

I'd fist her bolts

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

OH, and don't forget that the average car salesman wouldn't know a cam shaft if he fell down one. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Heck, just go for broke and use glitter instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

1613_02c6.gif

What's happening there? (Pleeease don't ban me)

GerB40 wrote: »

It's a type of plant that's sensitive to touch - there are others, like Mimosa Pudica*, and even those carnivorous plants like the Venus Flytrap have similar properties.

*Actually, those are Mimosa Pudica seedlings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimosa_pudica#Plant_movement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

This isn't a dig a Brendan Flowers post in YLYL but he just made me think about it. It's seems that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to posting more than one picture per post. People are like, "Post ALL the pictures. Captain M (for example) is on a posting spree. Why not just put them into one giant post? Are there any other pictures left on the Internet? 4 pages of new material, all posted by the same person *insert roll eyes emoji*" and then everyone else is like "if I don't like one of the pictures in with the 4 other funny ones, I won't thank it. I want to thank an individual one. It loads better if they are separate. Liked them but there was one repost in amongst the pile so...." You can't win!

That bloody image takes over 10 minutes to load on my slow internet connection. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

This isn't a dig a Brendan Flowers post in YLYL but he just made me think about it. It's seems that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to posting more than one picture per post. People are like, "Post ALL the pictures. Captain M (for example) is on a posting spree. Why not just put them into one giant post? Are there any other pictures left on the Internet? 4 pages of new material, all posted by the same person *insert roll eyes emoji*" and then everyone else is like "if I don't like one of the pictures in with the 4 other funny ones, I won't thank it. I want to thank an individual one. It loads better if they are separate. Liked them but there was one repost in amongst the pile so...." You can't win!

Wanting it to be in one post seems like complaining for the sake of complaining to me. People with slow internet made sense as a reason to stop huge posts full of posts so why would it be changed back?

I don't get the obsession with who posts. I hardly notice most of the time. The whole thread could be posted by one person for all I care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That bloody image takes over 10 minutes to load on my slow internet connection. :mad:
    It's over 56MB :( If I ever get a good internet connection, I plan to binge on the gif thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

GerB40 wrote: »
    Mod note - Please post in this thread with chat in future

It's over 56MB :( If I ever get a good internet connection, I plan to binge on the gif thread.
    56MB FFS!! posters should have some consideration for those with limited internet speed, files this big just completely kill the thread for us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Any that are really big we would minimise if reported but the gif thread in general kills bandwidth in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Orim wrote: »
    The whole thread could be posted by one person for all I care.

This. 100% agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's the deal with this one?
    369386.jpg
    2439.jpg
    Explain and I pwomise I'll laugh :(

I think you need to take it with the other pic it is with ie if I could do something I know wouldn't fail I would launch a crusade. May be way off the mark here though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

GYe6fb8.jpg

Can't have the word cock floating around a university willy-nilly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wilser

Can someone explain what i am missing on the final jeopardy photo in ylyl,
    What is even?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

wilser wrote: »
    Can someone explain what i am missing on the final jeopardy photo in ylyl,
    What is even?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-cant-even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shazam/ Katy Perry one?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Shazam/ Katy Perry one?

Dave Fanning could be like the Siri equivalent of Shazam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Fanning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Shazam/ Katy Perry one?
    New Home wrote: »
    Dave Fanning could be like the Siri equivalent of Shazam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Fanning

Very impressive, that he'd know a Katy Perry song.. :pac:

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    "Here mommy, I'll get you one!"

tumblr_nxt1odNe0U1ukldkho1_400.gif

Ironically the tissue that the rat gave her to blow her nose also gave her bubonic plague from the rat that touched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

IPMvnHa.gif

Absolute bollocks man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,577 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Bambi wrote: »
    IPMvnHa.gif

Absolute bollocks man

These ones puzzle me. It's like "hahahahahaha, look at the stereotypes that other countries have about Ireland, but we know are false". Where's the funny?

Coont? :confused:

Allyall wrote: »
    Coont? :confused:
    Yer coont talk like that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So in America you'd call someone a fúcking twat and here we'd call them a fecking fecking feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Obviously written by a Donga. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Bambi wrote: »
    Absolute bollocks man
    Agree. Shet? :confused:
    Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of Irish swearing would know it's shíte! Gobshíte could replace cúnt.
    Nobody has ever uttered "phwoar".

Not just the Irish ones though, UK cúnt should be caaant

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97917716&postcount=2656
    They should be commended for crime prevention, but I bet they get done for "depriving the state of revenue!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Yeah I saw that. Irish people pronounce it coont? Is that the joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's not a joke, it's just ****. Sorry, it's just shet.

So in America you'd call someone a fúcking twat and here we'd call them a fecking fecking feck.

Tha't something else I hadn't even copped..
    Do Americans use the term Twat? I didn't think so before...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement