Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Wanted it to get an audience, and since YLYL obviously matters a lot to him given the amount of times he thanks his own posts, I figured it was as good as any.

I'm aware the effort that went into that is a bit self-contradictory when it comes to labeling someone a weirdo. I'm comfortable with that hypocrisy :)

He's done his best to ruin a forum I quiet enjoy posting in (American Football) and has bullied many users by insulting them with his various accounts, and then thanking said insults with his other accounts. Though the "graphic design" was my own, the accusations have been made by a lot more than just me FWIW.
    User banned until further notice pending a review by mods, if you have a problem use the report button, its a lot less strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What's all this then. Someone PM me if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Aw man, what happened?! I miss all the fun!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Aw man, what happened?! I miss all the fun!

Someone released the third secret of fatima and the mods deleted it to keep it for themselves the bástards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Someone released the third secret of fatima and the mods deleted it to keep it for themselves the bástards.

Oh is that all! :D

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98426990&postcount=8847

Any background on this? Could easily have broken her neck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Synode wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98426990&postcount=8847

Any background on this? Could easily have broken her neck

It's just a gym fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I had a Big Wheel like this when i was a child.
    Man i loved it. 30+ years later i still miss it!

I love the expression on the kid in the background - just waiting to laugh at the guy in the bike wreeckcing himself.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah. The third secret was that they made the whole thing up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

New photoshop competition up and running. Here are the results from the "Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas" competition 24/12/2015.

First place: "1st" by Flanree with 21 thanks.
    Second place: "2nd.", by Pie Man with 20 thanks.
    Third place: "3rd" by Rolliepoley with 18 thanks.

This weeks competition, the "Joan Burton Gets Wet" Photoshop Competition 17/01/2016, can be found here.

Suggestions for the next competition are always welcome and can be posted here.

Many thanks. :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

It's a compilation of both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Good photoshop and mildly amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's a compilation of both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Good photoshop and mildly amusing.

AhHa! I knew there had to be a penis involved somehow.

Are you sure? All I see is a stoned Hillary? Can't make out any Trump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nope. Can't see Trump at all in that.

Synode wrote: »
    Are you sure? All I see is a stoned Hillary? Can't make out any Trump
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Nope. Can't see Trump at all in that.

Check out the sneering mouth and compare to Trump's smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not mine - I can't photoshop a square.

I can't see any difference other than age in the above one though..

aWUdkxnO8v.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is it me or have the quality of the pics in the YLYL thread gone down as of late? Unfunny reddit posts are now every second post in that thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

TheBody wrote: »
    12522910_679866768817344_2793816429271092370_n.jpg?oh=3c496371a4758cafb76d2959685b4481&oe=5734D7EC

^^^
    IH4fZyx.gif

She has morphed back into a hoe. ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I must brush up on my knowledge of gardening tools and American slang :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Never mind what (or how) he's done to the car, look at his trousers.
    LOOK AT THEM

12549064_10205462504577813_5512376710575863550_n.jpg?oh=6175dc708efc6c961ac6d75028e916ad&oe=5701276C

Judging by who's (still) behind the wheel, I don't think he did anything to the car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

TheBody wrote: »
    #Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday, dear Youyou,
    Happy birthday to you.#

So very confusing... :pac:

#Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you.#

You missed a Tu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You missed a Tu.
    Do you normally include someone's surname when singing happy birthday to them?

Do you normally include someone's surname when singing happy birthday to them?

I would if there were two Youyous in the room in case the 2nd Youyou thought I was singing happy birthday dear Youyou to her and not to Tu Youyou whereas I would be singing happy birthday to you to Tu Youyou.
    It avoids all the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I would if there were two Youyous in the room in case the 2nd Youyou thought I was singing happy birthday dear Youyou to her and not to Tu Youyou whereas I would be singing happy birthday to you to Tu Youyou.
    It avoids all the confusion.

Only if it was the other Youyou's birthday too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The poor woman would be really confused in hearing you sing happy birthday to her today, she was born on the 30th December!

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »
    Only if it was the other Youyou's birthday too.

But the 2nd Youyou might think I thought that it was her birthday as opposed to Tu Youyou's. Then I would have to say to Youyou two "sorry Youyou, I wasn't singing happy birthday to you to you. I was singing happy birthday to you to Tu Youyou".
    It would all be very embarrassing.

There's a Cambodian guy on my Friends work FB page named Hok Tu.. :D - Birthday cakes get destroyed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

#Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you.#

If you'd have posted this a few months ago the Warner Music Group would have set their lawyers all over you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Anyone know the answer to the riddle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's this one, it's not a riddle, it's a statement, i.e. the word 'what' comprises of four letters, etc.

New Home wrote: »
    If it's this one, it's not a riddle, it's a statement, i.e. the word 'what' comprises of four letters, etc.

It shouldn't say "yet is also" :p.

• Advertisement

It makes perfect sense if it's trying to confuse people saying that what has four letters, and yet is also three.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭jeremymurphy

New Home wrote: »

Thank you x 5000
    Didn't get it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You post 88 mbs worth of gif then it better be the funniest gif ever made and not a total piece of s**t

Twat biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

IKEA are way older than 25 years. Don't why i feel the need to point this out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement

Is that a spare battery? :rolleyes:

Yup, it's a powerbank.

I'm not sure what's worse, 'smart' watches or the people that buy them. Here's a watch I have to regularly charge. It lets me see things that are on my phone. The phone that has to be on my person in order for the watch to work.... sigh....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Yup, it's a powerbank.

I'm not sure what's worse, 'smart' watches or the people that buy them. Here's a watch I have to regularly charge. It lets me see things that are on my phone. The phone that has to be on my person in order for the watch to work.... sigh....

Ohhh, I thought it was a phone and it didnt work without a cable connection...

Either way, this technology has to offer something more before I'm paying my cash

It's going off topic but people are essentially buying an expensive and bulky watch that just stops them having to take a phone out of their pocket... At least until they need to reply to a text or answer a call and then the phone has to come out anyway... Well worth a few hundred euro :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yea, I can't see the attraction of whole wearable tech thing either...look at how google glass ended. Smart watches have a few uses that justify their existance, but battery life is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

A fool and his money are soon parted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Suas11 wrote: »
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

Not if he is stingy .... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Whatever happened to the guy who posted the big Capt'n Midnight reveal thing?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the guy who posted the big Capt'n Midnight reveal thing?

?
    Wasn't it someone else?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement