Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

LizT wrote: »

White line on the road is used by blind people to find their way.
    Blind men are going to be in for a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I had no idea that was for blind people :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

inforfun wrote: »
    White line on the road is used by blind people to find their way.
    Blind men are going to be in for a surprise.

I presume you mean the different texture of the road. I don't think it being white would make a whole lot of difference:D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I presume you mean the different texture of the road. I don't think it being white would make a whole lot of difference:D
    True. But you can see, i assume?

And i am lazy so typing "white line" has my preference over "different texture of the road" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

2nd page in "You Want You Lose" - I got this-

229829.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Could someone please tell me who the guy in this post is? I've seen him on the internet before but I don't know his name. I finad him very funny and wish to see more of his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

McChubbin wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me who the guy in this post is? I've seen him on the internet before but I don't know his name. I finad him very funny and wish to see more of his stuff.

http://thefrogman.me/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

LizT wrote: »
    Haha! Brilliant! Thank you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

2nd page in "You Want You Lose" - I got this-
    I can't find anything linking back to infoteli on that page?

• Advertisement

I can't find anything linking back to infoteli on that page?

I have absolutely no idea what that means!! :)
    I just posted that, and then reported my post so the mods would see it because my computer warned me about malware - beyond that - I haven't a clue!
    I'm not the best with technology!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

I just posted that, and then reported my post so the mods would see it because my computer warned me about malware - beyond that - I haven't a clue!
    It's in the pic in your post that the malware is coming from w*w.infoteli.com but I went through all the pics and none are from there.

'Tis an odd one.

Actually i had the same thing a couple of days ago.
    Also in Chrome so maybe only Chrome gets the warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How many posts per page you on? Page 2 for you might be different for me.

How many posts per page you on? Page 2 for you might be different for me.

Ah, that never occurred to me.
    I'm on 40 posts per page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

larry3.png

Que?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Que?

Also, Que?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

[Jackass] wrote: »
    larry3.png

Que?

Larry Murphy the infamous ladies man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81951975&postcount=1761

Not the face swap, but the original pic.. anyone know the story?
    its been sent to me a couple of times by different folk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Squ wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81951975&postcount=1761

Not the face swap, but the original pic.. anyone know the story?
    its been sent to me a couple of times by different folk
    McKayla Maroney. Came second or third in gymnastics in the Olympics but instantly became famous overnight when a photo was taken of her on the podium with a medal around her neck making that face like a spoiled brat who didn't get a porsche for her birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

g1344498498925521633.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

seamus wrote: »
    McKayla Maroney. Came second or third in gymnastics in the Olympics but instantly became famous overnight when a photo was taken of her on the podium with a medal around her neck making that face like a spoiled brat who didn't get a porsche for her birthday.

dont quite understand the flak she gets tbh. some people can realistically aim for gold and spend 4 years preparing to achieve that goal. they can be pissed if they like when it doesnt happen imo. better than our happy to be there athletes!

Dempsey wrote:
    better than our happy to be there athletes!
    The levels of waste thrown at that junkard is disgraceful. Better to pump the funds into the special olympics, least we have real contenders there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dempsey wrote: »
    dont quite understand the flak she gets tbh. some people can realistically aim for gold and spend 4 years preparing to achieve that goal. they can be pissed if they like when it doesnt happen imo. better than our happy to be there athletes!
    I'm not sure if she was getting a lot of serious flak about it, more people laughing at the impetuousness of youth. You're competing at the absolute highest level possible for your sport, against the best in the world. Even if you go to win it, coming second is not a reason to be pissed off. You're the second best at what you do, on the entire planet.

I think people would understand a little better if it had been her 3rd competition. When she's older, she'll probably laugh at herself for it too, realising the arrogance of youth.

In any case, no matter how pissed off you are, the appropriate thing to do is smile and wave and then have a breakdown later on when you go out for dinner with your family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

McKayla Maroney.
    You're competing at the absolute highest level possible for your sport, against the best in the world. Even if you go to win it, coming second is not a reason to be pissed off. You're the second best at what you do, on the entire planet.

;)
    HmseH.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I think people would understand a little better if it had been her 3rd competition. When she's older, she'll probably laugh at herself for it too, realising the arrogance of youth
    It's a lot to do with stuff like "no child left behind" where in school 'mericans are taught that everyone can achieve anything and whatever you are doing is good enough. Which doesn't set you up for the the real world in the US where social mobility is far more difficult than in other OECD states. (in US if you are poor you'll almost certainly stay poor)

There was an article about things European programmers needed to change when writing computer games for Americans, massive cultural differences. Stuff like customisable avatars being absolutely essential, stuff like - a key point - that levels can't be too difficult because Americans can't deal with not succeeding relatively easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

is the uranus solar flare thing from ylyl true?!?

FatherLen wrote: »

I don't know, I hope so, but I had dreadful trouble trying to read that out loud to my husband!
    Will the word Uranus ever stop being funny??

Not in my house!

I don't know, I hope so, but I had dreadful trouble trying to read that out loud to my husband!

It would if people started pronouncing it properly.

Scioch wrote: »

Ha! I thought that was how you pronounce it!
    How are you supposed to pronounce it? Your-ahn-us?

• Advertisement

Properly? Depending on where you're from in Ireland, never mind the rest of the world, folk pronounce words differently!

Ha! I thought that was how you pronounce it!
    How are you supposed to pronounce it? Your-ahn-us?

I think so. Thats how all the scientists say it anyway. Saying it like Your anus is like putting on an american accent or something. Basil/Bayzil etc etc

Properly? Depending on where you're from in Ireland, never mind the rest of the world, folk pronounce words differently!

So there is no such thing as correct pronunciation ? :eek:

Course there is. Didnt mean it in the strictest sense though but if Uranus is making you giggle then the logical thing to do it use the more accurate pronunciation. Accurate as in makes you think of the planet rather than your own arse hole.

Accurate as in doesnt make you think of your own arse hole.
    Not my arse hole, ur arse hole..
    daaaaahhhh.

Not my arse hole, ur arse hole..
    daaaaahhhh.

Why are you thinking about my arse hole ?? :mad:

Why are you thinking about my arse hole ?? :mad:

just cause. you wearing jeans?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

It was always Your-anus when I was growing up.

I always assumed that Ura-nuhs was just a change made for political correctness sake.

I'll still with how I always pronounced it.

XDZ7Z.gif

What exactly happened here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

CMpunked wrote: »
    XDZ7Z.gif

What exactly happened here?

Apart from the tanker getting a leak (cracking due to stress) and hitting a naked flame I cant tell ya a thing!

What they are doing isnt in any health and safety manual! :pac:

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Apart from the tanker getting a leak (cracking due to stress) and hitting a naked flame I cant tell ya a thing!

What they are doing isnt in any health and safety manual! :pac:

I love how the guy in the yellow shirt is gone as the camera steadies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm not sure if she was getting a lot of serious flak about it, more people laughing at the impetuousness of youth. You're competing at the absolute highest level possible for your sport, against the best in the world. Even if you go to win it, coming second is not a reason to be pissed off. You're the second best at what you do, on the entire planet.

I think people would understand a little better if it had been her 3rd competition. When she's older, she'll probably laugh at herself for it too, realising the arrogance of youth.

In any case, no matter how pissed off you are, the appropriate thing to do is smile and wave and then have a breakdown later on when you go out for dinner with your family.

She got an extreme amount of harsh criticism. Even though she said she wasn't dissapointed with silver, only her performance. Its not that she was up against the best, she was and is far and away the best vaulter who qualified first with an unheard of huge margin and who won vault at worlds last year with the same huge margin. She was more of a favourite than Bolt was so the idea of her not winning gold was never ever mentioned. Huge pressure for a 16 year old..competing with a broken toe and fractured tibia too.

Its not that she was up against the best, she was and is far and away the best vaulter who qualified first with an unheard of huge margin and who won vault at worlds last year with the same huge margin. .

She can be pissed off about her performance all she wants but she needs to grow up and show the competition and other athletes a bit of respect and not stand there and sulk because she didnt get gold. And sulking because she thought/knew was the best there doesnt make it any better.

As seamus said though its all just the arrogance of youth. I'm sure the attention will speed her maturity in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

She can be pissed off about her performance all she wants but she needs to grow up and show the competition and other athletes a bit of respect and not stand there and sulk because she didnt get gold. And sulking because she thought/knew was the best there doesnt make it any better.

As seamus said though its all just the arrogance of youth. I'm sure the attention will speed her maturity in that regard.

Its one photo. I watched the footage. She looks shellshocked but she smiled on the podium, congratulated her fellow competitors, gave a gracious interview after and stated that she had a laugh with the gold winner in the drug testing after. It isn't really fair to judge someones entire demeanour on a single photo. I think the dissapointment is worse for her than for a more experienced athlete in a different sport...she is 16 and 18 is old in gymnastics, and USA hasn't had any returning Olympians in more than a decade in her sport. Seeing her on Rio would be miraculous. So one shot for gold, outright favourite and her age. She is known as a great competitor and person with a sunny personality. All of her interviews are well worth watching, which is more than can be said for the rest of her team put together.

Its one photo. I watched the footage. She looks shellshocked but she smiled on the podium, congratulated her fellow competitors, gave a gracious interview after and stated that she had a laugh with the gold winner in the drug testing after. It isn't really fair to judge someones entire demeanour on a single photo. I think the dissapointment is worse for her than for a more experienced athlete in a different sport...she is 16 and 18 is old in gymnastics, and USA hasn't had any returning Olympians in more than a decade in her sport. Seeing her on Rio would be miraculous. So one shot for gold, outright favourite and her age. She is known as a great competitor and person with a sunny personality. All of her interviews are well worth watching, which is more than can be said for the rest of her team put together.

Yeah your right, not fare to judge someone on one snapshot. I withdraw my accusations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

FatherLen wrote: »

Yes, but it happened about a year ago and didn't look quite as spectacular as described in the post.

aurora-spotted-on-uranus_51516_600x450.jpg

• Advertisement

aurora-spotted-on-uranus_51516_600x450.jpg
    Wonky nipples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

What is the name of the thread on here for the arty beautiful pictures/gifs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    What is the name of the thread on here for the arty beautiful pictures/gifs?

Here is is Gif Art Gallery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Please Explain
    Mazes.jpg

^^ The sneak tracing the maze with red covered over the barrier where its highlighted. You can still see a bit of it at the top. It was all lies !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement