Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101529107&postcount=6980
    and they said that we would never see flying cars! :D
    The driver forgot to engage autopilot! but he was drunk anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

http://asset-f.soupcdn.com/asset/16162/3524_fede_590.jpeg

French basketball player Sandrine Gruda and President Hollande
    Actual pic :pac: 1.93m vs 1.7m not 1.5m :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Needs sound, preferably headphones when at work or with kids around. Bit of swearing here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

http://asset-f.soupcdn.com/asset/16162/3524_fede_590.jpeg

French basketball player Sandrine Gruda and President Hollande

I'm guessing photoshop because she is 6'4 and he is 5'7. Bit more than a 9 inch difference there.

Mod note: OI!!! :mad: NO QUOTING PICTURES AND NO CHAT, AND YOU'VE DONE BOTH. THAT'S HOW YOU GET A PADDLING!!

250px-That's_a_paddlin'.png

Also, if you had looked at the chat thread, you'd have seen somebody else already made that point and posted the original photo.

Aaaanyway, moved to the Chat thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Who pays $50 for a short back and sides?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Who pays $50 for a short back and sides?!

€8 the last time I got the hair cut.

Dfl 15 for me.....yep... Good old fashioned Dutch currency that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Anyone explain what's supposed to be funny about this:
    http://i.imgur.com/RJmmf31.jpg

Suas11 wrote: »
    Anyone explain what's supposed to be funny about this:
    http://i.imgur.com/RJmmf31.jpg
    The cleaner used "toilet water" to clean the mirror that they were kissing!
    Would you kiss a mirror that was cleaned with your piss! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The cleaner used "toilet water" to clean the mirror that they were kissing!
    Would you kiss a mirror that was cleaned with your piss! :eek:

To be fair, I think he got that point, but just didn't find it funny and thought he missed might have missed something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was going to post this on the GIF thread, but then I realised it would have been a... repost! :pac: :D

The-Cutest-Letter-Opener-Ever.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Anyone else looking forward to the U.S election being over so we can stop looking at election stuff everywhere on the internet? Trump this and Hillary that...Grope this and email that.

I spose I'm just being a grumpy arse...sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

New Home wrote: »
    1378680.jpg

This is who I want to be when I grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

2016, she's been a tough one.

ObrCm8.jpg

Nice try, but where's Harambe?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm at a loss as to why this should be funny. Godawful earthquake that leaves animals terrified, stranded, with no shelter, food or water. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101667848&postcount=8295 Is there something that I am missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm at a loss as to why this should be funny. Godawful earthquake that leaves animals terrified, stranded, with no shelter, food or water. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056632921. Is there something that I am missing?

That's linking to the Nope thread?
    I'm guessing you mean this - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101667848&postcount=8295 - I agree. But you know how small minded people are once they get the Lolz it doesn't matter.

Sorry, yes, you're right, I posted the wrong link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

In fairness, the above could have been posted without knowing the context. My mind certainly didn't jump to the earthquake when I first saw it.
    I didn't find it particularly funny either but I guess humor is subjective.
    EDIT: just realised the link for the image blatantly gives away the context.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I didn't think earthquake either tbh. I would think a cow could easily get off that mound though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I didn't think earthquake either tbh. I would think a cow could easily get off that mound though.

I wouldn't think so....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/15/uphill-cattle-stranded-cows-rescued-after-new-zealand-earthquake

• Advertisement

I didn't think they'd have been able to get down that easily, either - that pillar looked like it was the height of 5 cows or thereabouts.

I really didn't see anything funny in it - an interesting picture, granted, but funny, not so much, even if humour is subjective.

Anyway, great to know they've been rescued. :)

I have seen cows overcoming all sorts of obstacles when properly motivated. I doubt they would have starved anyway. The calf maybe.

Well a period of prolonged thirst would have mootivated them enough to moove off.

If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you cared about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

triggered.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

^^^^^I was just thinking the same thing!! :D:D

True, but only the female ones..
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-32428154
    A farmer in Kenya says one of his cows has given up its usual vegetarian diet and started eating sheep.
    Charles Mamboleo, who runs a farm in south-western Nakuru County, discovered the cow feeding on a sheep one morning, having apparently gored it to death, the Daily Nation website reports. Fresh food and water couldn't tempt the cow, and another sheep met its end the following day, the report says. "After the first incident, we thought the cow was starving, so we increased the supply of fodder and water, but it still continued chasing after sheep," says Mr Mamboleo.
    The Bulls prefer freshly gored matadors for lunch.

That's an obvious case of mad cow disease... or it's the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

H9XZd2h.jpg
    That Hitler is daft as two brushes.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

What's the story with the screen shot of the runners for sale? Apart from the ridiculous price.

It's the fact that he added a photo of the receipt from the shop he got them from, and it shows that although he paid €220 for them he's now asking over €500 for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Technique

It's the fact that he added a photo of the receipt from the shop he got them from, and it shows that although he paid 220 for them he's now asking over 500 for them.

But that's the point. They're limited edition trainers that sell on the second hand market for more than the original new price. He posted a photo of the receipt to show that they're genuine.

Ah...collectors item.
    Makes sense.
    Well 220 for a new pair of trainers doesnt but whatever floats your boat.

Technique wrote: »
    They're limited edition trainers that sell on the second hand market for more than the original new price. He posted a photo of the receipt to show that they're genuine.

They are horrible is what they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

pvyt9bqo09yx.jpg

Is that a pair of jeans walking along the beach in the background? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

^^^^^^^^^^^^

1ecea583142e79302596b2e5b0b1d18a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The 'how to become a pirate' photo of the woman with a sniper rifle?

It's been a long day ...

Edit: Oh, it's the recoil is gonna blind her, yeah?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101702752&postcount=8365

Yep, that's it. If she shoots, the scope would take her eye out because of the recoil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

373743.jpg

I want to believe this isn't real...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I want to believe this isn't real...

Never underestimate human stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is that a pair of jeans walking along the beach in the background? :eek:
    I dunno but I can certainly see it's groin.

*cough*

I'll get my coast.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This hurt the brain at first (might be the red wine).

^^^
    It's also jaw dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

1170643.jpg

I'd say the clue is in his name rather than any folklore coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Someone at Amazon HQ is either a genius or troll...Todays black friday deals

UFdId1I.jpg

I have tried and tried to get it. But I don't get it. Help?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

inforfun wrote: »
    95d46c6e2f5e910b46dce818fca33cd7.png

I thought it looked more like that the mother giving her daughter too much trouble (doing something like parenting or something? :pac:) and the daughter called in Putin to sort her out!

He looks like he's squaring up to the mother while the daughter just looks on nonchalantly.

So, that's what an electric shower really looks like...

So, that's what an electric shower really looks like...
    I sure hope that's a photoshop, but if it's real.... what's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

At least they ran some silicone/grout along the top of the socket, which you know..makes it much safer. or not.

If its real, all I can think of its fitted in a plumbing suppliers showroom or something like that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement