Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Ah I missed the earlier posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,417 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wasn't sure either but looking at it again, I think it's just anagrams of their names

Aaah. Ok, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Calvin Coolidge was a US President, the writing is a quote by him. I think it's basically just one of them wishful wisdom spiels about how important it is to "press on" in life, being persistant and determined will conquer any problems mankind will ever face(as shown by a tiny person overcoming the massive dragon). Not really suitably for a "funny" thread. That's my take on it anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Allyall wrote: »
    Woman on plank on sand etc.

This one has been posted so many times, and I still can't see what the funny part is!!! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Sinfonia wrote: »
    This one has been posted so many times, and I still can't see what the funny part is!!! :(

The flag shadow makes it look like she's hovering.

Can anyone explain this one?
    img20121204wa0000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Something to do with Loyalists whinging about the restricted flying of the union jack in the north would be my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

A band I only came across recently. I love this song. The lead singer uses a bow guitar. The band are from Iceland . This was at a small concert held outdoors in the beautiful rugged landscape of Iceland.

Watched until I seen yer man using a violin bow on a guitar.Lost interest then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

merlie wrote: »
    A band I only came across recently. I love this song. The lead singer uses a bow guitar. The band are from Iceland . This was at a small concert held outdoors in the beautiful rugged landscape of Iceland.

I strongly recommend that you follow up your interest, Sigur Ros have absolutely loads and loads of brilliant music. And more recently, the singer Jonsi has made some fantastic songs in a side-project with his boyfriend.

This is possibly my favourite song ever, from certainly my favourite album ever. There are no song names, no album name, and no words. As far as I'm concerned, it's just beautiful music from start to finish.

I bought the album on a total whim one day, not knowing anything about the band, and I've been a fan ever since! I'm actually going to Iceland next March, influenced in no small part by the band. If this song seems a little heavy going, you may want to try the album Takk..., such as the song "Hoppipola", which is a bit more conventional but no less terrific :D

Anyone know where this is from?

0iGuC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anyone know where this is from?

0iGuC.jpg

First or second episode of series 1 of Parks & Recreation. That's Amy Poehler falling backwards down into a massive pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

I'm surprised nobody has added this yet ;-)

Has to be a candidate for video of the year surely? :pac:

^^ Has been added, it has its own thread. And this is a discussion thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm surprised nobody has added this yet ;-)

Has to be a candidate for video of the year surely? :pac:

They have, its in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056826825

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

He looks like a Boardsie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Aenaes wrote: »
    He looks like a Boardsie.

Nah he looks like an Alien.

Maybe the Mayans were right. It's started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

32396_458339070891144_299503940_n.jpg

:confused:

Watermelon in front of fried chicken. Two food stereotypes related to black people.

Deleted a few posts as the picture in question (and poster) are being dealt with.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
    2Frank_Drebin.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I don't get what the deal is with that seal picture that Keith16 posted in you laugh you lose. Can anyone explain?

Normally has GGAAAYYYY written above it, like so:
    7045899727_167ab41c5e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

that's pretty damn funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

Whats with the sandwich beside the laptop? I see the USB cable going from the sandwich and plugged into the laptop and maybe it would be funny if those cables were called BLT instead of USB cables but,......???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Calibos wrote: »
    Whats with the sandwich beside the laptop? I see the USB cable going from the sandwich and plugged into the laptop and maybe it would be funny if those cables were called BLT instead of USB cables but,......???????????

If its the pic I remember seen before its a toasted sandwich left on top of the charger to keep it warm

J. Marston wrote: »
    75n7V.jpg

Anyone know how much she got in the end?

Whats with the weird comic being moved from ylyl into the nope thread ?

The nope thread has a nice stead influx of nasty and horrid things and that pic has no business there. Can we get a WTF? thread instead to stick all those weird things into ?

• Advertisement

Scioch wrote: »
    Whats with the weird comic being moved from ylyl into the nope thread ?

The nope thread has a nice stead influx of nasty and horrid things and that pic has no business there. Can we get a WTF? thread instead to stick all those weird things into ?

Moved because it wasn't funny, and was just plain weird.

I have no objections to a WTF thread. I'll split the comic in question into a new thread. I'll discuss it with the other mods in the meantime as it may be splitting things up a bit too much, but for the meantime anyway, no harm in it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82223834&postcount=2506
    vs
    http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6068579_700b_v1.jpg

How is mine the repost when it's the full picture? If you're gonna copy stuff from 9gag at least do it correctly.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82223834&postcount=2506
    vs
    http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6068579_700b_v1.jpg

How is mine the repost when it's the full picture? If you're gonna copy stuff from 9gag at least do it correctly.

To be fair, it was the same joke very soon after original post..

It was showing the full joke..
    At least edit the original post to include the whole thing. The guy's realisation of his mistake is what makes it funny. Not someone being stupid on facebook for the 10,000th time that day. Or should we start posting pictures of people who ask for phone numbers on facebook?

At least edit the original post to include the whole thing. The guy's realisation of his mistake is what makes it funny. Not someone being stupid on facebook for the 10,000th time that day. Or should we start posting pictures of people who ask for phone numbers on facebook?

I'm not sure the joke is "Look at this idiot, thinks its a picture, omg he realised he's wrong". The joke is the fact that it looks like and could be a picture of a ceiling fan when we all know its not.

Thats how I seen it anyway but whether he actually thought it was a picture or whether he was just commenting on the fact it looked like a picture the last part makes no difference to either joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

You do realise 9gag is just copying stuff from other websites.

Hogzy wrote: »
    You do realise 9gag is just copying stuff from other websites.

And ultimately this is just copied from Facebook anyway? :pac:

spoiler

spoiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spoiler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

Spoiler

Spoiler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spoiler_alert_300_w2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

How the feck does this qualify as a picture? Likewise with all the facebook stuff...
    ken wrote: »
    154482_4367013571033_1458661512_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

It's in jpeg format, so. . . .

Just seems weird. If I type that into the thread, it gets deleted. If I type it into MSPaint, save it as a Jpeg, and post it, it’s grand.

exceedingly bad taste and I can understand why it was banned

You've changed man.. :mad:

Mousewar wrote: »
    Just seems weird. If I type that into the thread, it gets deleted. If I type it into MSPaint, save it as a Jpeg, and post it, it’s grand.

It's mostly to do with flow of the thread. Text in a picture keeps the flow of the thread going. Text as just text usually ends up in chat. Person A types funny reply to a picture, someone either tries to out-funny it with their own text joke or questions/argues the joke etc.

Chat leads to more chat. Pics leads to more pics.

Yeah, fair enough. It doesn’t make sense to my slightly autistic mind but then neither do lots of things. Response appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

DieHardTattoo-597x384.jpg
    anyone??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement