Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They didn't exist, yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Spudgun wrote: »
    sub-buzz-31706-1490114004-8.png?crop=533:464;0,37&resize=625:544

One of these things is not like the otters.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Those dogs are not prairie dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

One of these things is not like the otters.

ay5dq6W_700b_v1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

silverharp wrote: »
    C7s-QQrVsAAqjMg.jpg

Anyone able to help me here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Jurassic Park - the scene where the vibrations in the glass of water are the first indication of the approaching dinosaur

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

From Jurassic Park - the iconic scene where the T Rex approaches and the glass of water trembles with the impact.

In fairness, using that as a detector would only work for very large dinosaurs. I can't see it working for a Dilophosaurus :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

image.gif

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Strange camera placement
    New Home wrote: »
    cr4qfgpgsa.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

silverharp wrote: »
    image.gif

It's really cool how they made that happen. Basically then knew what the wanted, but the only way they could make it happen was to pluck a string on a guitar as the glass of water was sitting on. So the had to reproduce that effect on a car, by rigging a wire under the car that when plucked made the whole car resonate like a guitar. A massive amount of hassle for that one shot, but when you see how memorable it is, it was worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

jgc1z02ezr.jpg

...except for the fact that's the exact opposite of a proposal...

It still works though. Two individual Cacti become one Cactus in a relationship. Similar to the 'two flames become one' symbol in the church during a wedding.

Wilberto wrote: »
    It still works though. Two individual Cacti become one Cactus in a relationship. Similar to the 'two flames become one' symbol in the church during a wedding.

Cactus is the singular, cacti is the plural

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Quazzie wrote: »
    Cactus is the singular, cacti is the plural

I know. Read my post again I'd say. ;) :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    I know. Read my post again I'd say. ;) :pac:

Do Cacti grow into each other if put in close proximity or each other?

• Advertisement

I see how you mean, Wilberto, but in that case some grafting would be required. :)

There's clearly not a romantic bone in your body. :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Metaphorically.

Let's take the words of some modern poets as an example:

[Bridge]
    Be a little bit wiser, baby
    Put it on, put it on
    Cause tonight is the night when two become one

[Chorus]
    I need some love like I never needed love before
    (Wanna make love to ya', baby)
    I had a little love, now I'm back for more

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Metaphorically.

Let's take the words of some modern poets as an example:

[Bridge]
    Be a little bit wiser, baby
    Put it on, put it on
    Cause tonight is the night when two become one

[Chorus]
    I need some love like I never needed love before
    I had a little love, now I'm back for more

Butbutbutbut... there was no mention of cactus/i in that Spice Girls song...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    ^^
    ^^^
    ^^^^
    ^^^^^•••••••••••

Only on Boards!

• Advertisement

413062.jpg

Is it just me, or those two cars aren't the same? Or is it a case of white and gold/blue and black like for that infamous dress? Is the joke that it's not actually the only one of its kind? Otherwise, I'm not getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well, if there is only 1 of those in Ireland, than it is the same car since that flatbad is definitely in Ireland.

Different camera's\weather\filters.

Same car. 100%

inforfun wrote: »
    Well, if there is only 1 of those in Ireland, than it is the same car since that flatbad is definitely in Ireland.

Different camera's\weather\filters.
    It's a bit like that dress the other year that almost caused an internet meltdown as people argued about what colour it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fabulous car. He obviously thought it gave him warrant to park where he liked :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I heard tell the clampers have a pool going for whoever gets the most expensive car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It wasn't the clampers tow truck

kbannon wrote: »
    It wasn't the clampers tow truck

good spot, there isn't a logo on the truck, its just taking it somewhere, I assume not being stolen :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The truck also has a UK reg.

The car was hired from the UK. The tow truck is bringing it back to the UK.

• Advertisement

'Outsourcing'. :D

Im sure someone would have driven it back (for free) :pac: .... I know I know depreciation

There's no point in owning a supercar if you can't drive it anywhere. Or worry where you can park it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Can anyone find Ireland on the Pangea map? Ive shyte eyesight and I'm colour blind but I think we're around Algeria?

It's near Greenland.

413358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

It's near Greenland.

413358.jpg

It's a good thing the plates did shift, we'd be all speaking Russian otherwise!!

This is the first Batman I see with a bum bag.

52lg4ey175.jpg

I'd be more interested in seeing when his cape inevitably wraps around the rear wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

I'd be more interested in seeing when his cape inevitably wraps around the rear wheel
    Do an "Isadora Duncan" on it. "Adieu, mes amis! Je vais a la gloire!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

eraPe2R.jpg

"literally thrown out"

Those must be some strong staff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Or imaginary staff.

It's on snopes as nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ja, it's not even nein o'clock yet.

1xirh8hvv4.jpg

:confused:

RCPX0um.gif

:confused:

RCPX0um.gif
    Exterminate!
    Exterminate!
    Exterminate!
    EXTERMINATE!
    Daleks expands their vocabulary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

cdeb wrote: »
    Or imaginary staff.

It's on snopes as nonsense.

I didn't know it was fake. I do be sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

O4SuTrn.png

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

I got a Dalek egg timer.

After three minutes it says "Eggs terminate".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

87361.jpg

Here I go again......

I hate not getting these things and seeing people thanking it so it looks like I'm the only one!! :(

Here I go again......

I hate not getting these things and seeing people thanking it so it looks like I'm the only one!! :(

Canadians are renowned for their extreme politeness.

EDIT: I just realised there wasn't a heading on that post... :rolleyes: Silly, silly me... back in a sec! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Canadians are renowned for their extreme politeness.

EDIT: I just realised there wasn't a heading on that post... :rolleyes: Silly, silly me... back in a sec! :D
    Could also be Ireland to be fair, we say sorry a lot when we really mean "excuse me".

True, I suppose. Sorry! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement