Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Aside from it being a shaight tatt, seasons isn't spelt right. I didn't think the pic worth thinking about too deeply though as it's not exactly loltastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

It's from the end of Die Hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Gun Tattoo
    anyone??

Go watch Die Hard right now!! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What's with the candles? - Never mind. Smells like incest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82372962&postcount=2955
    whats that about, I get it but was it done for some specific reason or a load of randoms or what?

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82372962&postcount=2955
    whats that about, I get it but was it done for some specific reason or a load of randoms or what?

It seems to be Empire's 20th birthday portfolio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭blackbox

Note to Mods - Google chrome is giving me a malware warning for page 211 of YLYL4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

looking into it now. :)

All sorted. Troublesome post has been removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is anyone else getting warnings when trying to access page 211?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Darksaga87 wrote: »

I'm getting it for nearly every page at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Darksaga87 wrote: »

tumblr_mfp9jzkWFQ1qbtw4mo2_r1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I'm getting it for nearly every page at this point.

mariokartwii. com?

It has been fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

DD9090 wrote: »
    It has been fixed.

I'm still getting the malware warning... must be more than 1 post...

Try now.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭blah88

I'm not sure where to post this but here goes. I'm looking for a funny video I saw years ago. As far as I remember its just a home video of people at a barbeque then suddenly, a dead animal lands on the table and everyone starts laughing. (it had been dropped by a bird flying overhead) I just need to show it to a friend! Can't find it, been googling to no avail. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

T7Pwr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

^

It's not just me who doesn't have a clue what that 3rd frame is about, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

^

It's not just me who doesn't have a clue what that 3rd frame is about, is it?

It's like duh, being an idiot, something like that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've deleted the KPMG video and would ask you all not to post it again. Apparently the girl is 16. Besides which, the thread will likely (if the AH thread about it is any indication) end up turning into a bit of nonsense.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm happy enough to let it stay in the Random Vids threads for now, provided there's no chat about it there or here.

Further Edit: Just don't post it at all. Will be deleted on sight from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I'm not sure where's the best place to put this but I'm getting a malware warning for the last page of the dolan thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I get it too. I've alerted the mods, it's probably a false positive but they'll be able to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What's the KPMG video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Blisterman wrote: »
    What's the KPMG video?

Go to the Feedback forum, there is a thread there that will give you an idea of what's been happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

What's the KPMG video?

Don't mention the war.
    I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

What's the KPMG video?

Apparently it's a drunk young girl making a fool of herself. Woohoo, what's new? All the people laughing at it are damned lucky not to have had camera phones pointing at them everytime they've had alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Is it just me or are most of the edited "reposts" in YLYL by mods not actually reposts at all? Are mods viewing other sites then getting confused, because I follow this every day from newest posts onwards and I haven't seen most of these "reposts" that are edited out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Drakares wrote: »
    Is it just me or are most of the edited "reposts" in YLYL by mods not actually reposts at all? Are mods viewing other sites then getting confused, because I follow this every day from newest posts onwards and I haven't seen most of these "reposts" that are edited out.

I've been thinking the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Ah feck, I don't check them assuming they are reposts, I think Mods are working off the posts being reported.

Who are these people reporting posts for feck sake?:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I think alot of people look at Reddit and 9gag and get confused over what is a new post and repost. The mods mark them as reposts in good faith when they are reported. I would say most of those marked as repost are actually not at this stage as I have been following the thread for some months and see new things marked as repost all the time. Might be better to leave it to the mods rather than relying on reported posts in future? Only one that is clearly a repost be marked as such.

there's a lot that are repost from ylyl 1,2 & 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I think alot of people look at Reddit and 9gag and get confused over what is a new post and repost. The mods mark them as reposts in good faith when they are reported. I would say most of those marked as repost are actually not at this stage as I have been following the thread for some months and see new things marked as repost all the time. Might be better to leave it to the mods rather than relying on reported posts in future? Only one that is clearly a repost be marked as such.

Or just leave re-posts... the net is so saturated with 9-gag ish sites, that there's very little original material going into ylyl. And of the original material there is, it's mostly folks just facebook status replies that only they think is funny.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Or just leave re-posts... the net is so saturated with 9-gag ish sites, that there's very little original material going into ylyl. And of the original material there is, it's mostly folks just facebook status replies that only they think is funny.

IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Anyone care to explain what's funny about the An Post aviation security sticker?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Anyone care to explain what's funny about the An Post aviation security sticker?

It was sent to Australia instead of Austria, despite the sticker saying it was for EU countries only

It was sent to Australia instead of Austria, despite the sticker saying it was for EU countries only
    Between that, and someone thinking deception spelt incorrectly is funny, the tread is gone to the dogs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Squ wrote: »
    Between that, and someone thinking deception spelt incorrectly is funny, the tread is gone to the dogs..

Bahaha, it's actually "thread"!!!
    Fcuking comedy at it's best! :pac:
    (I'm being sarcastic btw - I agree with you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

The 'abuse of power' photo, is that in port laoise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm about to report your post as a repost

Exhibit A for the prosecution

• Advertisement

Capri86 wrote: »
    33029981_zpse04bc269.jpg

Is it that it looks kinda like a face or is it that they're missing some stuff..?

http://images.scribblelive.com/2013/1/9/5247dfe1-65a4-40cf-8d19-09332f432556_500.png

Is the funny bit the mike or that messis' shadow looks like uri geller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Some enterprising person should sell those Fleg Specs when those Gob****es come down to the Dáil this weekend, would make a good skit for television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Is it that it looks kinda like a face or is it that they're missing some stuff..?

I think it's that it looks like a face since it "Derp" is typed near the bottom. Most resembles the Poker Face meme.
    Squ wrote: »
    http://images.scribblelive.com/2013/1/9/5247dfe1-65a4-40cf-8d19-09332f432556_500.png

Is the funny bit the mike or that messis' shadow looks like uri geller?

I think it's the mic. combined with the suit makes him look like a clown? I don't know if the mic. is real or not.

edFkD.jpg
    Iron knee?

Is it a bad reference to the Skyrim Arrow to the knee thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

edFkD.jpg
    Iron knee?

Is it a bad reference to the Skyrim Arrow to the knee thing?
    Irony?

Evade wrote: »
    Irony?

that's even worse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Evade wrote: »
    Irony?

Ahh! I just thought he had an iron support in his leg! Makes a bit more sense now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I miss Conan O'Brien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

i dont get the photo of the car keys on the door with the photographers reflection in the window?

what am i missing?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement