Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

It's an arm/leg illusion.

Is that her leg? Or his wide open legs?

Is that his finger? Or...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

cdeb wrote: »
    It's an arm/leg illusion.

Is that her leg? Or his wide open legs?

Is that his finger? Or...

Exactly, to induce tittering in the cheap seats...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

razorblunt wrote: »
    es9GUpg.gif

That's brilliant. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What's up with the increase in anti-liberal & right wing type trolly posts (not sure how best to describe them, but this is an example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103437202&postcount=1533) all of a sudden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

dulpit wrote: »
    What's up with the increase in anti-liberal & right wing type trolly posts (not sure how best to describe them, but this is an example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103437202&postcount=1533) all of a sudden?

It seems to be Bootup's ambition in life to suck all the laughs out of the You Laugh, You Lose threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

He's covering for Snow Scorpion when he/she hasn't got a pro Trump pic to post :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

Maybe some people find them funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Bootup wrote: »
    cpNWc8ne.jpg

Saw picture, assumed it was Bootup's post. Wasn't disappointed there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Saw picture, assumed it was Bootup's post. Wasn't disappointed there...
    Yeah, but I still thanked it because it has a dog wearing glasses :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

416924.jpg

Is there no way to stop non-funny political posts - from both sides - going up on YLYL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is there no way to stop non-funny political posts - from both sides - going up on YLYL?

I fount that one to be funny, not funny-haha, but funny. Funny is such a funny word in itself isn't it?

I fount that one to be funny, not funny-haha, but funny. Funny is such a funny word in itself isn't it?

It's not the funny peculiar thread though, is it. It's just starting to boil my piss at this stage. After hours is infested with all that imported from America political nonsense, I go on to this thread to see some funnies, not baiting pictures about liberals and the alt-right.

• Advertisement

It's not the funny peculiar thread though, is it. It's just starting to boil my piss at this stage. After hours is infested with all that imported from America political nonsense, I go on to this thread to see some funnies, not baiting pictures about liberals and the alt-right.

Here's the rub, and it's been mentioned before, Humour is subjective. I can't stand some of those "When you see it" pics, as, to me, there's usually nothing to see. Others find them great craic however. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Here's the rub, and it's been mentioned before, Humour is subjective. I can't stand some of those "When you see it" pics, as, to me, there's usually nothing to see. Others find them great craic however. :rolleyes:

This is the crux of it. There's no defined list of whats funny or not

GBX wrote: »
    This is the crux of it. There's no defined list of whats funny or not

Are you telling me someone's actually going to laugh at the Trump post?

Get the politics out of the thread. It's ruining the buzz of it…

For you

Yes you will find people will laugh at anything! Where does it say that you can't post political stuff within this thread? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yes you will find people will laugh at anything! Where does it say that you can't post political stuff within this thread? :rolleyes:

Says it right in the header: :D:D:D;)

416952.PNG

It doesn't say it anywhere but do you seriously think Bootup's continual alt-right memes are adding anything to the thread?

Says it right in the header: :D:D:D;)

416952.PNG

Oh ... my mistake so :D but there has been leeway towards funny political posts which have not been question.
    It doesn't say it anywhere but do you seriously think Bootup's continual alt-right memes are adding anything to the thread?

I don't pay much attention to them tbh but I get your frustration.

I was talking about YLYL not the cool pictures thread ... no mention of no politics in the OP of that thread?

I was talking about YLYL not the cool pictures thread ... no mention of no politics in the OP of that thread?

Silly me. My haste to make a funny has resulted in an alt-funny (Which is not allowed due to it being alt-somethingorother):eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Skin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Skin??
    I took it to be either:
    a) people are so thin-skinned these days, or
    b) a play on those things you see going around that women were plumper in days on by.

Probably the first one, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

I saw it as an old 4:3 CRT monitor vs 3 16:9 monitors in a kind of super wide setup.

The hair follicles get smaller in the wider picture implying your seeing more of the image. If it was thinner skin the hair follicles would be the same size.

Then again I could be over-thinking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Evade wrote: »
    I saw it as an old 4:3 CRT monitor vs 3 16:9 monitors in a kind of super wide setup.

The hair follicles get smaller in the wider picture implying your seeing more of the image. If it was thinner skin the hair follicles would be the same size.

Then again I could be over-thinking it.

This is the first thing that I thought when I saw it too.
    I reasoned that I was overthinking it anyway :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So, it's a case of small vs faaaar awaaaay? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I hate the bad jokes that are supposed to be funny because they're plastered across a picture of a dog.

Get them out of the thread just for me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bang on

Run the wannabe yanks out of the place, killing the buzz

I hate the bad jokes that are supposed to be funny because they're plastered across a picture of a dog.

Get them out of the thread just for me please.

That's it. It's just me being a special snowflake…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

That's it. It's just me being a special snowflake…

Do you understand the concept of humour being subjective?
    If we go down the road of removing what is and isn't funny to every individual there will be nothing left.

Scroll on by or unfollow the thread. This site is not here to please just you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

c2866cd7f1e38391b6be4a6ce59155cc813fe4e0c21ef1c08ba4a8023c8774db.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Vojera wrote: »
    I took it to be either:
    a) people are so thin-skinned these days, or
    b) a play on those things you see going around that women were plumper in days on by.

Probably the first one, though.

It's definitely a...but the theories are great :D

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

snowflaker wrote: »
    C_cl5pNWAAAQbn1?format=jpg&name=large

Ah here, a repost from 13 hours ago?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We don't really want to start restricting what people post in the thread. Can I suggest instead that you use the ignore function

Click on user name
    Add "user" to ignore list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

^^ Sure he'll only be laughing at his own stuff if he does that. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It's appears the Simpsons mashups are making a come back - I don't get how they are funny but apparently some people like them.....and that's OK with me

It's just a bad mspaint assembly of two random episodes of the episodes of the simpsons then? So there's literally nothing other than that to the picture?

Should that not be in the WTF thread then?

I've never understood any of them, not a single one, but if someone finds it funny (and some people do...somehow) in it goes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

tumblr_lydr0dNubT1qhj4fno1_500.png

d31b0y wrote: »
    tumblr_lydr0dNubT1qhj4fno1_500.png

That one has relevance - which in turn makes it humorous, the one i linked earlier doesn't have any.. which makes it at best, weird.

• Advertisement

That one has relevance - which in turn makes it humorous, the one i linked earlier doesn't have any.. which makes it at best, weird.

And it's not a mashup so it makes sense....

So, are ye gonna explain it then or just pop up randomly every so often with a trollish comment?

So, are ye gonna explain it then or just pop up randomly every so often with a trollish comment?

I think he might be referring to d31b0y's original Grandpa post.

I think he might be referring to d31b0y's original Grandpa post.

If so, then he didn't bother reading the post he quoted me on.

If so, then he didn't bother reading the post he quoted me on.

I believe he did. Sure it's all guess work till he confirms it himself. :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement