Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It really is the classic 'if at first you don't see it, look for a penis' type picture.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yep. Rule n. 1 of this place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

The NUIG thing. I don't get it. Where's the funny part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

wally79 wrote: »
    The NUIG thing. I don't get it. Where's the funny part
    Netflix and chill is euphemism for sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Evade wrote: »
    Netflix and chill is euphemism for sex.

Ah ok

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

9915_8bd5_420.jpeg

A dog-eared dog, if you will. :pac:

Mod note: Moved from YLYL (No chat!!)
    Victor wrote: »
    Apparently the diving club in Muff is actually active on home ground this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

New Home wrote: »
    A dog-eared dog, if you will. :pac:

It's a dog-eared dog world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

silverharp wrote: »
    DH7da-gW0AA2iFI.jpg:small

I'm assuming it's something topical?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I presume it's to do with his Fúck Patriarchy hoodie and the fact that he's getting arrested by a woman. Isn't it ironic, don't you think.

IT'S LIKE RAAAAAAAAA-I-AAAAAAAAINNNNN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

1562_60d8_800.jpeg

Hmmm...There is a corporate actions protocol called swift that has been out years. I worked using swift messaging in a software company 9 years ago.

https://www.swift.com/our-solutions/global-financial-messaging/securities-messages/corporate-actions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

^^^

latest?cb=20090720220816

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its probably an oldie , its just the irony of the situation

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104475697&postcount=3580

Doesn't make me all that keen to visit the Iberian peninsula anytime soon :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Please tell me that this is real..

(the european country "How do I")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I can assure you i didnt contribute to the Dutch most asked one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

inforfun wrote: »
    I can assure you i didnt contribute to the Dutch most asked one.
    Sure why Google when you already know how?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Turkish one is the best for me

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    71930e9ea00a94c6a695b59e1441fc3cf451d3ab35a5c22ea74e69eb8b64a395.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

0054_e1dd_940.jpeg

Another one - am I getting thick with age or are the funnies getting more cryptic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Don't worry Hercule, I'm here to ask the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Another one - am I getting thick with age or are the funnies getting more cryptic?

It COULD be

Screen 1. Interview
    Screen 2. Gets the job
    Screen 3. Feeder for Pharaoh
    Screen 4. Pharaoh dies
    Screen 5. Pharaoh's servents all get buried with pharaoh.

It COULD be

Screen 1. Interview
    Screen 2. Gets the job
    Screen 4. Pharaoh dies
    OK, so , a history lesson - but no funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

OK, so , a history lesson - but no funny!

It's kinda funny. You finally get a job and guess what, you're buried with your boss.

The kind of thing that might happen to Gill from the Simpson's or Stuart from TBBT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Yeah, there's a bit of dark humour in there alright, but it could really do with a little bit of text somewhere. You are kind of left wondering if you've got what it's about at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

cdeb wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a bit of dark humour in there alright, but it could really do with a little bit of text somewhere. You are kind of left wondering if you've got what it's about at the end.

Did the IT guys not tell you?

You've got to switch off the analytical part of the brain to maximise the humour content in most funnies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It COULD be

Screen 1. Interview
    Screen 2. Gets the job
    Screen 4. Pharaoh dies

Kills Pharaoh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Kills Pharaoh?

Naw, it wasn't poison, just choking, no foam at the mouth!

Moral of the story:

1. Beware that job you've always wanted, it could kill you.

or

2. Why bother?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Did the IT guys not tell you?

You've got to switch off the analytical part of the brain to maximise the humour content in most funnies!
    Tried that.

Didn't see the penis.

Had to look for something else.

One of those Alanis Morissette moments

That face says "This was NOT in the job description/I didn't sign up for this". Other than that, I'm at a loss.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ties and interviews and paperwork in ancient Egypt for a menial job.

It just reminded me of JobBridge. Getting an entry level job and then having the worst first day at work ever and then being eviscerated so you can continue to serve the Pharaoh forever in the afterlife.

http://funsubstance.com/uploads/original/430/430758.jpg
    There is a theory that your ears grow throughout your entire life, in these photos where you can see the old person's ears they're all much larger than the young images.

• Advertisement

And the nose, too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104504851&postcount=3627
    Actually quite useful if you need to have a sacrificial connector to protect a piece of equipment that has a socket that would be impossible to replace if it gets damaged by frequent plugging in & out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Actually quite useful if you need to have a sacrificial connector to protect a piece of equipment that has a socket that would be impossible to replace if it gets damaged by frequent plugging in & out.

I knew there had to be some practical use. It wouldn't exist there wasn't.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But it isn't a flimsy VGA connector.

It is just a physically smaller version of the telephone switch board connector which was designed to be unplugged every few minutes, 24/7 and has been in use since 1878.

_87564334_femaletelephoneoperators_getty.jpg

But it isn't a flimsy VGA connector.

It is just a physically smaller version of the telephone switch board connector which was designed to be unplugged every few minutes, 24/7 and has been in use since 1878.

_87564334_femaletelephoneoperators_getty.jpg
    Those GPO types were designed for a hard life and they were 1/4" , the flimsy little ones in most phones will fail quite rapidly if you plug in a headset each day.

• Advertisement

Those GPO types were designed for a hard life and they were 1/4" , the flimsy little ones in most phones will fail quite rapidly if you plug in a headset each day.

The sockets will fail even faster if you stick a rigid lever into it to catch and bump into things.

The sockets will fail even faster if you stick a rigid lever into it to catch and bump into things.
    The repeated plugging and unplugging will cause a failure quicker than the sideways jarring caused by rough use, if the device is treated that way, the socket would still fail if a normal phono plug is in it as that would also act as a lever.

So there is still an advantage in using the adaptor.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104509676&postcount=1383
    That is quite horrific, when you consider the fact that water levels are still rising rapidly!

That's heartbreaking.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104509676&postcount=1383
    That is quite horrific, when you consider the fact that water levels are still rising rapidly!
    And don't forget that by then the sewage drains have flooded out. Flood water is nasty.

That's what I was thinking. And the temperature of the water. And whatever animal might have lived in the sewer up to that point. Add to that people who may have wounds to their limbs, or colostomy bags, or urinary catheters, etc., and you're in serious, serious, serious trouble.

Just to say that they were rescued.
    DIQSMr8VoAAJPLp.jpg:large

91028main_0898.jpg

Where's the penis?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The flag is backwards I think

Rothko wrote: »
    The flag is backwards I think
    It's the right orientation.

• Advertisement