Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It could very well be on a timer, like those Postman Pat vans for toddlers you find in shopping centres. Still, one day a fakir will sit on it and won't need to put any coins in. HAH! Joke's on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

427829.jpg

Bit too simplistic, but the right idea. You indicate left to leave each exit (after you pass the exit before the one youre taking)

Bit too simplistic, but the right idea. You indicate left to leave each exit (after you pass the exit before the one you're taking)
    Yes that's correct, but still funny when you consider just how many get it wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yes that's correct, but still funny when you consider just how many get it wrong!

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people lately indicating right to go straight through roundabouts . Who's telling them this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Roundabout threads are always gas craic on the motoring forum. Amazing how upset people get over a couple of seconds of indicating/not indicating or being in the wrong lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Roundabout threads are always gas craic on the motoring forum. Amazing how upset people get over a couple of seconds of indicating/not indicating or being in the wrong lane.

The three lane motorway threads are better. You can see the tears of rage come through in some of those posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

If it was anti-homeless it would be on a timer. And besides you could bypass it with cardboard.

This is about monetising one of life's simple pleasures , sitting on a park bench and watching the world go by.

s2zg1qc.jpg

there are some parks in Europe you pay to go into, but you do get an enhanced experience and probably safer , cleaner and more stuff. Agree the benches are pushing the envelope

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,575 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To be fair it can be quite dangerous. Try being the guy behind the car indicating right who then shoots left off the roundybout.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Regarding #4053, what would it take to make Ireland not look like a zombie teddy bear....hmmm?
    What would it take?
    What. would. it. take?

Oh wait, I've thought of something!

As the UK are leaving the EU and NI don't want to leave the EU and the UK don't want a hard border and the map of Ireland looks like a goddamned zombie teddy bear, why not let NI become part of Ireland?

Everybody wins!

Seriously, I think this zombie teddy bear thing will make everyone see sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The three lane motorway threads are better. You can see the tears of rage come through in some of those posts.

Mention road tax, fast lanes and cycle lanes and the servers nearly melt.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Mention road tax, fast lanes and cycle lanes and the servers nearly melt.:D

And for god's sake don't forget the foglights!

milltown wrote: »
    And for god's sake don't forget the foglights!
    or no lights!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I could only come up with fallen leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Anything to do with "It"?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

That was my guess too.

But the folder says "CV" on it. Is it funny that someone dropped their CV in the street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Career going down the drain ?

I thought it said CU. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I thought it was an envelope with a CV, torn in half and dumped. Either by the disillusioned applicant, or a cruel HR person. My money's on HR, the bastards!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Top Tip

Avoid hiring unlucky people by randomly disposing of half of the CVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,872 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

GBX wrote: »

Is that a ring near the top of the fifth bar from the right?

I actually meant the other right lol. I'm on phone but when I zoom full I can see something gold and round.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

When it only gets one thanks I tend not to worry about what I'm missing.

It's when it gets dozens of thanks and I can't figure it out that I really start to worry about what I'm not seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Anything to do with "It"?

Think it does after seeing this.

https://i.imgur.com/plES3wR.mp4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What has this got to do with Trump and balloon boobies?

:pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

How about now? :D

i9lt0sureilz.jpg

Reddit threads: Before / After

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Aw I love the one with the cats.

How about now? :D

i9lt0sureilz.jpg

Reddit threads: Before / After

That Reddit place is weird.

That only confirms once more that people are scum. What would possess you to go and set fire to a skip, especially one so close to a house?? Idiots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

New Home wrote: »
    That only confirms once more that people are scum. What would possess you to go and set fire to a skip, especially one so close to a house?? Idiots!

It might have self combusted due to the intense pressure.
    The same way a diesel engine works.

• Advertisement

I doubt it, there was no sign of it containing any mothers in law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

angiogoir wrote: »
    OXp3BCn.jpg?2

0731a827-d651-4a1e-86e9-a68a011cc590_SPHERE_01.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yeah , at least wait till Halloween

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

josip wrote: »
    It might have self combusted due to the intense pressure.
    The same way a diesel engine works.

It's an old cowboys trick, buy one skip get the value of three or four out of it for the price of one skip and a coat of paint,

I sware boss, twas the lokal tugs what done it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

428531.png

I am still a child.
    Pretty sure it is Thailand and i once had the pleasure to be on a flight there in a plane called Kut
    d8695c8a96cf30f23112b2bf5c3fd705.png

Unfortunately the flight was to Koh Samui and not to this Thai island

ae3c87df605e4bd0026beae45b68bd7c.png

Would have loved to book a trip at Kunt with Kut to Ko Kut
    Kut is Dutch for Kunt

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

not getting the obvious funny of the harp and accordion? I thought the Recorder was the instrument of the devil :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

You obviously forgot the bagpipes as played by Ross Geller. I suppose each circle of hell has a different musical instrument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Jaysis those "anti meat eater" posts are getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I like cats, but I bet that paw has been digging in the kitty litter recently. No "baaw", more "balk".

And I bet the paw was clean, 'cause kitty washed it himself a minute before, so there! Oh... wait....

Well as it was a he, kitty wasn't cleaning pussy before licking facey (mcface)

I have to say lads, you don't have a scrap of sensibility in your whole body. :rolleyes: It's the BAAAAWWW thread, ffs, why go and ruin it with harsh reality?

silverharp wrote: »
    not getting the obvious funny of the harp and accordion? I thought the Recorder was the instrument of the devil :pac:
    my favourite is

A fellow leaves his accordion in his car and leaves it unlocked. He is two blocks away when he realises this and runs back to his car. Too late. The back window was already broken and someone's thrown another two in.

Two musicians and an accordion player enter a bar ...

A group of terrorists hijacked a plane full of accordion players. They called ground control with a list of demands. Then they told the negotiator if their demands aren't met they will release one accordion player an hour.

Q: What is the difference between an Uzi and an accordion?
    A: The Uzi stops after 20 rounds.

Q: What's the range of an accordion?
    A: Twenty yards if you've got a good arm!

Q: What's the difference between an accordion player and a terrorist?
    A: Terrorists have sympathizers.

Q: What's a gentleman?
    A: Somebody who knows how to play the accordion, but doesn't.

Q: What's the difference between an accordion and an onion?
    A: People cry when you chop up an onion.

Q: What's the definition of perfect pitch?
    A: That’s when you throw an accordion and it lands in a Dumpster full of banjos.

Q: What's the difference between an accordion and a concertina?
    A: The accordion takes longer to burn.

Q: How do you protect a valuable instrument?
    A: Hide it in an accordion case

Q: What do you call a beautiful woman on an accordion players arm?
    A: A tattoo.

Q: What is the perfect weight for an accordion player?
    A: 3 and a half pounds including the urn.

Q: Why do musicians leave their accordions on the dashboard?
    A: So they can park in handicap spaces.

Q: What do you call a successful accordion player?
    A: A guy whose wife has 2 jobs.

Q: What's the difference between an accordion player and garbage?
    A: The garbage gets taken out once a week.

Q: What's the difference between a chainsaw and an accordion?
    A: A chainsaw can be tuned.

Q: What does an accordion and a baseball have in common?
    A: People cheer when you hit them with a bat.

Q: What's the difference between an accordion and a trampoline? A: You take your shoes off before you jump on a trampoline.

Q. How is playing an accordion like throwing a javelin blindfolded?
    A. You don’t have to be very good to get people’s attention.

This guy plays a New Years Eve gig and afterward the club owner says “Great job, can you play again next year?”
    The accordionist replies, “Sure, can I leave my instrument here until then?”

Q. What does a long court hearing and a accordionist have in common?
    A. There is always a huge sigh of relief when the case is closed.

Q. What is the difference between an accordionist walking down the road with his accordion, and a goldfish swimming down the gutter with a banjo on his back?
    A. The Goldfish has got a gig to go to.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement