Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

robindch wrote: »
    430822.jpg
    Looks like an angry man kicking a dog up the arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

IO5kXlP.gif

Where is 'you cry, you lose'?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Damn you Silverharp... I'm now crying... Did you have to post that thing about the elderly chimp?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

New Home wrote: »
    Damn you Silverharp... I'm now crying... Did you have to post that thing about the elderly chimp?!?

dont worry im wrecked :( I wanst expecting that

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ah Jaysus lads:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Sabre0001 wrote: »

I had to check this and it's true.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

This gif never loads for me, I'm stuck with an image of the beginning of an arm wrestle! What am I missing out on?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The two little girls are arm wrestling. The younger one has super strength and pulls a funny "fight" face, and the gif shows her being transformed into an anime character with blue hair and lightning bolts. The elder girl has to put some real effort to withstand the attack of the younger girl, too.

Grid. wrote: »
    ult3keP.jpg

This is great to see and restores faith..

• Advertisement

LEIN wrote: »
    She's a keeper :pac::pac::pac:

22554741_170838270173733_5427303340401118522_n.jpg?oh=036d30a3b813601dc65ed5eef4587be6&oe=5A73B568

But she left the crusts on!!!

Ah no, crusts always on...

And she didn't fill in the corners... shoddy workmanship, if you ask me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

And she didn't fill in the corners... shoddy workmanship, if you ask me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

g1366819060966413352.jpg

I know you are, but what am I? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Anybody able to tell me what the picture with all the countries in it is about? There's no map key to be seen so I don't know what the significance of the colours or positioning of the countries is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's just a size comparison. So all the countries are to scale. The colours are the continents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Any help with the bottles of wine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Peatys wrote: »
    Any help with the bottles of wine?

Somebody spent their Storm Ophelia day off just like they'd spend their Good Friday.

That picture with the apple orchard is breathtakingly beautiful. :) It reminds me of the cranberry harvest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Guy in the back looking at his drink and thinking: This going to be messy, drinking with a neck brace.

I think....

"I should have gotten a straw", type of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Anyone tell me what the marine one is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭blackwhite

dubstarr wrote: »
    Anyone tell me what the marine one is about.

First guy who spoke up has inadvertently "volunteered" himself to be one of the two needed.

Yep.
    Never be too eager to answer questions in those situations in the army.

"Who here has a driver's licence?" was a favourite of mine.

Dont stick your hand up because you ll be ending up doing some **** job where you need everything but a driver's licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Whats with all the vegan posts on YLYL... do people care that much about what other people eat? And no I'm not vegan before you go getting a vegan revenge post hard on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Again with the vegan posts... :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

mloc123 wrote: »
    Again with the vegan posts... :(

There is an ignore user function you could use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

SCAL8MQ.gif

I always thought that once the ball stops moving forward IE: hitting the crossbar or post, that the penalty was 'over', and that any subsequent movement of the ball was inconsequential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

They must be playing on an iron surface at 5,000ft.
    The ball almost hit the crossbar again on its 3rd bounce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I always thought that once the ball stops moving forward IE: hitting the crossbar or post, that the penalty was 'over', and that any subsequent movement of the ball was inconsequential.

I wasnt sure on it myself:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick
    Q1: When is a penalty kick completed (over)?
    The penalty kick is completed (over) when the ball stops moving (including being held by the goalkeeper) or goes out of play or if the referee stops play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Kat1170

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

GBX wrote: »
    I wasnt sure it on myself:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick
    Q1: When is a penalty kick completed (over)?
    The penalty kick is completed (over) when the ball stops moving (including being held by the goalkeeper) or goes out of play or if the referee stops play.
    I think the rule changed a few years back. Previously, the goal wouldn't have been allowed for the reasons stated. Now, it's ok, as you noted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It hit the post and went in, you see that a lot, that is no different

josip wrote: »
    They must be playing on an iron surface at 5,000ft.
    The ball almost hit the crossbar again on its 3rd bounce.

Happened in Thailand. Rain season probably hasnt started just yet.
    That was the penalty that made it 19-19 in the shoot out....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

angiogoir wrote: »

*Best David Attenborough impression*

....and here we see a rare example of a female incel in it's natural habitat, social media. We've been treated to quite the show here as she makes the classic call of an incel. This call is most commonly known as a whinge.

Fascinating! Extraordinary!

Now, in fairness, it's not as if that poor dog has been caught red-handed. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

GBX wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been posted but this is cute and impressive at the same time!

https://twitter.com/SimonNRicketts/status/923308015964614656

And the follow up

https://youtu.be/maPB_KMmMJU

I thought it was now illegal to allow citizens on to the flight decks of commercial planes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

I thought it was now illegal to allow citizens on to the flight decks of commercial planes?

On the ground in the first clip and [pedant] the 2nd was a simulator [/pedant]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

deco nate wrote: »
    431720.jpg
    LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

deco nate wrote: »
    Worztron wrote: »

What I see....

pPZ7tI0

https://imgur.com/pPZ7tI0

MOD NOTE: Hi folks, there's a problem with viewing attachments across Boards since yesterday - hopefully as soon as it's fixed the attachments will reappear, if not we'll take it from there. Thanks.

EDIT: Just to add, could people refrain from posting attachments until this has been sorted, please? At the moment they all look like they've been posted in a galaxy far, far away, and we don't have any telescopes handy. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

MOD NOTE: Hi folks, there's a problem with viewing attachments across Boards since yesterday - hopefully as soon as it's fixed the attachments will reappear, if not we'll take it from there. Thanks.

EDIT: Just to add, could people refrain from posting attachments until this has been sorted, please? At the moment they all look like they've been posted in a galaxy far, far away, and we don't have any telescopes handy. Thank you.

Post that in YLYL too...

Also the problem is not just attachments I inserted the lnk as [img][/img] but it did not show at all thats why I post the url...

I sent you a PM about it - the problem with IMGUR GIFs is that you need to remove the "MP4" end of the URL and replace it with "GIF", then you can embed the picture/GIF as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

silverharp wrote: »
    English version. Bonus Irish version for some reason.

The guy reminds me of a cleaned up Noel Fielding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

English version. Bonus Irish version for some reason.

The guy reminds me of a cleaned up Noel Fielding.

for some reason it sounds better in french, i didnt know there was an irish version

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

silverharp wrote: »
    for some reason it sounds better in french, i didnt know there was an irish version

Sounds even better in the original Klingon

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement