Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

silverharp wrote: »
    DTEDGInW0AADHbu.jpg:small

He's been posing for pictures like that for years now. Seen him talk about it on Graham Norton I think it was, where he explained that when he started posing for pictures, there'd be hugs and "arm around shoulder" embraces, but he soon realised that it could end up with unintentional contact either by himself or the fan posing with him, so he started doing his No Contact poses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I think it was Will Smith who spoke about that on Graham Norton. Unless Keanu did also and I missed it. It must be something that's taught in celebrity training school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Tabnabs wrote: »
    DTG18waXUAAd78Q.jpg

^^ will the water come out 30% slower?

Mod: Moved to chat thread (and inserted the related picture so users don't get confused (I'm so considerate!))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cubed water? Why can't it just say ICE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Cubed water? Why can't it just say ICE?

Probably because it gives you the option of water and crushed or cubed ice. Maybe they thought there wasn't any need to say Crushed Ice and Cubed Ice because it was pretty obvious what they're talking about and they probably thought people would be smart enough not to read it as Crushed Water and Cubed Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Probably because it gives you the option of water and crushed or cubed ice. Maybe they thought there wasn't any need to say Crushed Ice and Cubed Ice because it was pretty obvious what they're talking about and they probably thought people would be smart enough not to read it as Crushed Water and Cubed Water.

watch-out-weve-got-a-bad-bitch-over-here.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

CReFLq_WwAAeeTo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

^^ will the water come out 30% slower?

Mod: Moved to chat thread (and inserted the related picture so users don't get confused (I'm so considerate!))

What is there to be confused about update was probably triggered because of the bug allowing a vulnerability. The patch is said to slow down processing up to 30%

You must have been updated already :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

What is there to be confused about update was probably triggered because of the bug allowing a vulnerability. The patch is said to slow down processing up to 30%

You must have been updated already :P

3a45c977a9183e5d597e9c4f13034b03.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Fookin wet myself at the fox eating the mushroom in ylyl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Which is that Four?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's Fly Algaric, a hallucinogen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

The girl looking back on the train,what's that all about lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

patmac wrote: »
    The girl looking back on the train,what's that all about lads?

That's not a girl looking back, her picture is in the magazine the person is reading but the angle of the magazine makes it look like her head is on the reader's body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

boombang wrote: »
    ^Stupid blue sign that somebody actually paid money for to get custom made

latest?cb=20170322203725

Nope. You can have your own for twenty quid

LINK

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

2857_5a64.gif

That's actually part of a videogame, I was only looking at its website again yesterday! Depending on the order in which you click them, each of the "objects/creatures" develop up to a certain point which give the game a different outcome. That ^^^ only happens if you click the items in the right order and they all reach the maximum development.

Here it the main website of the creator. http://www.eyezmaze.com/

There are also lots of other games based on the same principle on that site, they're all suitable for young children, too (some might be a tiny bit scary, but that's about it).

http://www.eyezmaze.com/grow/island/index.html#more
    http://shingakunet.com/school/9001084273/9001145937/special/grow/index.html

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

That is all kinds of "Nope", "WTF", and "Stop the world, I want to get off!".

New Home wrote: »
    That is all kinds of "Nope", "WTF", and "Stop the world, I want to get off!".
    I really hope it's a photoshop!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I really hope it's a photoshop!

Meh when we were kids we used to get a pack of sweet cigarettes. Found them recently rebranded as candy chalk.

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Meh when we were kids we used to get a pack of sweet cigarettes. Found them recently rebranded as candy chalk.
    When "we" were kids, cigarettes didn't have the same stigma that they do today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Does vaping have a stigma? I rarely hear anyone giving out about it.

That said I would say the pic is fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What's the keyboard with the pictures on it about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

What's the keyboard with the pictures on it about?

Is it the spacebar one?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Does vaping have a stigma? I rarely hear anyone giving out about it.

That said I would say the pic is fake.

I don't think there is much of a stigma to it, but I would equate a vape toy for kids to pretend cigarettes for kids. You certainly shouldn't be encouraging either of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You can tell she's nervous in that picture, her head's all a quiver...

078597a43a1debcde268453d3307bdda.jpg

• Advertisement

9062_dc38.gif

If the skin is white, and colder clothes are grey, does that mean his fart being black mean he was farting ice cold air?

Beat me to it, I was just going to say the same! :)
    Mythbusters have already proven that you can't see farts on thermal imaging video systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

gxwWfxV.jpg

Is this one photoshopped or is it a real location?
    If it's a real location, I would love to know more about it and why someone would put a building there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If it's a real location, I would love to know more about it and why someone would put a building there.

Because we can!!! :D

438720.jpg

🤪

I'm pretty sure that's a lighthouse, which would explain why it was built there.

EDIT: It's in Iceland, it's the þrídrangar Lighthouse.

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/watch-incredible-video-stunning-thridrangar-lighthouse-south-iceland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

As real as really real things https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/nature_and_travel/2017/05/15/incredible_location_for_a_lighthouse_perched_on_a_r/

And it's both small AND faaar awaaay. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

I'm pretty sure that's a lighthouse, which would explain why it was built there.

That makes more sense now. Personally, I would have chosen a safer location than that narrow rock to build a lighthouse. But hey, It's an interesting looking place which I haven't seen before.
    GBX wrote: »

> Be helicopter pilot
    > no climbing experience
    > can't swim either
    > sees lighthouse & helipad
    > "that looks interesting. I'll check it out."
    > lands on helipad
    > takes a look around in lighthouse.
    > nobody's there. seems completely abandoned.
    > "Oh well. time to go."
    > returns to helicopter
    > "crap. there isn't enough fuel to return to the mainland"
    > takes phone out of pocket
    > accidentally drops it
    > phone hits a few rocks before it falls off the cliff into the water below
    > " OH FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! "

It IS gorgeous, and the view from there must be breathtaking. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

EDIT: It's in Iceland, it's the þrídrangar Lighthouse.

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/watch-incredible-video-stunning-thridrangar-lighthouse-south-iceland

You can see an orca in the bottom right of the screen at about the 50s mark in the video! (spotted by someone else).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Personally, I would have chosen a safer location than that narrow rock to build a lighthouse.

I really hope you're being funny here, and not missing the whole point of a lighthouse.

cute-baby-boy-holding-cat.jpg

That car would rip that kids face off in a second if you pointed a laser on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

milltown wrote: »
    I really hope you're being funny here, and not missing the whole point of a lighthouse.
    It's much safer to build one inland though. 40km inland should be safe enough, just ask the people of Kells. Never heard of a shipwrecking near there.

Quazzie wrote: »
    That car would rip that kids face off in a second if you pointed a laser on it.

A car? Yeah, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

A car? Yeah, probably.

Cars can be vicious! I had a car once, but it ran away.

• Advertisement

Hopefully some other family adopted it, got it taxed, NCTd and is now living happily with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Remember people, the right thing to do is to save your car from a shelter, rather than getting one from an unlicensed car breeder.

Top-10-Vehicles-That-Look-Like-Cats-1.jpg?resize=510%2C349

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

But what do you do when your new car decides to sh*t behind the sofa. You know... that new car smell!

I love Sarah. :)

Anyone else read it in a Geordie accent? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Could his ad have been edited to adapt it to its overseas target audience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

26731422_2377326315614411_8541980548450727175_n.jpg?oh=323c59b6dbc92d8df127224625683db5&oe=5AF508AD

And 29% of fückwits got it wrong.

• Advertisement

Could his ad have been edited to adapt it to its overseas target audience?
    At that time, we did not believe in "adapting to foreign audiences", why would a British newspaper use American spelling, the editor would have changed it if the test was wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement